PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Jets Land Mangini, What Will The Compensation Be??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Since Mangini is under contract, I believe the Jets will have to give something up in order to get him....All i remember is back in 2000, we had to give the Jets a 1st round pick (16 or 17?) and a fourth and sixth to land Belichick. I know it would be a stretch for an unproven coach, put could we end up with a second round pick for Mangini?

Diet Pepsi Machine said:
Since Mangini is under contract, I believe the Jets will have to give something up in order to get him....All i remember is back in 2000, we had to give the Jets a 1st round pick (16 or 17?) and a fourth and sixth to land Belichick. I know it would be a stretch for an unproven coach, put could we end up with a second round pick for Mangini?

I don't think we get anything. i think this only works for Head Coaches, and technically BB was the Jets Head Coach, albeit for one day only.

Diet Pepsi Machine said:
Nope. Coordinators (and other assistants) are allowed to move up to HC positions with no compensation.

Diet Pepsi Machine said:

Nope. Coordinators are allowed to get promotions to be head coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes