PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

IF!!! Jason Taylor signs with Pats...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If Jason Taylor signs with Pats...

I understand that most players would not hesitate in their choice, and would come to the pats.

You must talk to different players than I have, in all the major sports.

I understand that most players would not hesitate in their choice, and would come to the pats.

No, I wasn't bagging on you, and I should have been more clear. I extend to you my sincerest apologies. Most of the players I know would have to think about it and talk to the family, etc... I do think Taylor would chose New England over Tampa or Jacksonville, by the way. Miami is less clear to me, although I don't think he's overly fond of Parcells.

I would say after the drafts and there is no way he would change his mind. I hope!

np

BTW, I really, really would like to see Jason Taylor come to New England. I just don't think that it will happen.

No, I wasn't bagging on you, and I should have been more clear. I extend to you my sincerest apologies. Most of the players I know would have to think about it and talk to the family, etc... I do think Taylor would chose New England over Tampa or Jacksonville, by the way. Miami is less clear to me, although I don't think he's overly fond of Parcells.

Choosing between the higher probability of a ring and family is an easy choice for Jason Taylor.

It is also an easy choice for other players.

I disagree. With the limited shelf life of a Athlete,the competitive fire that supposedly got them to the level that they are currently at, and the possibility of injury - I think most athletes would jump at the chance to stand at the pinnacle of their sport.

Or did I just say exactly what you were trying to say?

Last edited:

I disagree. With the limited shelf life of a Athlete,the competitive fire that supposedly got them to the level that they are currently at, and the possibility of injury - I think most athletes would jump at the chance to stand at the pinnacle of their sport.

You agree with mgteich. The players I've spoken with, and there have been a lot of them, speak of it as if it wouldn't be an easy call because of the family. Age, money and former success seem to play into it, and I'd imagine the health of the marriage would, too, but I never asked about that.

1) I believe that MOST players would do as you indicated, and expect their family to understand. I do believe that for most this would be an easy choice.

Deus has indicated that MANY top players would find the decision difficult. I applaud them, and agree with Deus.

2) With regard to Jason Taylor, I reacted quickly and strongly to the poster who seemed to believe that the only thing that would/should matter to Taylor was a ring. This is far, far from the truth.

3) Now, Deus has suggested that Taylor might be pursuaded if the choice was a non-Miami team in Florida versus the patriots. I don't think so, but would really, really like him to be right.

3) Now, Deus has suggested that Taylor might be pursuaded if the choice was a non-Miami team in Florida versus the patriots. I don't think so, but would really, really like him to be right.

Well, he really doesn't fit in Tampa at all, right now. And, as for Jacksonville, it's not far from the Florida border and the travel time from New England to Miami via plane/car isn't going to be much, if any, longer than the travel time from Jacksonville by car.

Ugh, I read this as "JT!!!! Jason Taylor signs with Pats..."

Ugh, I read this as "JT!!!! Jason Taylor signs with Pats..."
Another misleading thread...I read that as well.."signs" should be used only for realities...not possibilitie..".if Taylor came to the team",,,OR 'If Taylor played for the Pats"...same intent BUT I think less getting folks fooled...

Last edited:
Another misleading thread...I read that as well.."signs" should be used only for realities...not possibilitie..".if Taylor came to the team",,,OR 'If Taylor played for the Pats"...same intent BUT I think less getting folks fooled...

I assure you there was no intent on misleading. I am truly sorry some people
just can not read but please don't burden the rest of us with your inadequacies.
Suggest you learn from it and read more carefully the next time.
If I misread something I don't blame the guy who wrote it but rather
myself for not being more attentive.

Taylor would want to sign and report the day before training

camp begins or later.

the patriots would want him to sign then. therefore, taylor would be able to miss the offseason activities and the patriots front office wont look so bad by allowing 1 player to do so and not others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back