Welcome to PatsFans.com

If Income Taxes to go up....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Jan 27, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

If federal income taxes are significantly increased, I suggest that as many people as possible find work where you can make money "under-the-table".

I paid so much federal income tax the last 2 years, that if paying more taxes is "doing my part" to help this recession, then screw it. I'm against any bailouts anyway, but I don't get a say in the matter. So I'll do some consulting or something where I can keep all the money.

I don't like doing that, but if I end up taking home slightly more than someone making $30K less than me, so be it. I don't work to help America...Who TF does?

It's like the gov't is saying "we're gonna spend a boatload of money to try to fix this economy and then bill you all later" And will they bill the $30-$60K workers much? Of course not!! Let's just tax the hell out of people making more than $60K! They don't care if you live in an area where $50 or $60K is peanuts either.

Ok, enought cartharsis for me....I feel much better, thank you!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  2. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +512 / 49 / -7

#75 Jersey

Just don't pay your taxes, the IRS will not be able to convict anyone of tax evasion, as the new head of the IRS has been guilty of it himself!

Seriously, if they catch you just call it, "an honest mistake".

I can't wait for this to happen, a guy is dragged into federal court by the IRS, and he syas that the head of the IRS, is a bigger tax cheat than HIM.

OH, BTW, the Democrats have already said that they are not going to renew the Bush tax cuts, so you can remove the "if" because everyone (who actually pays taxes) taxes are going up, next year. The only questions is by how much.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +831 / 7 / -3

Did you vote for the Obama ticket? Cuz if you did, then you should know that paying higher taxes is your "patriotic duty". :eek:

In all seriousness dude, are you ready for the soda tax here in Massachusetts? How about the new tax on booze? Maybe the added taxes to your telecommunications usage?

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +977 / 2 / -9

Don't Pay Your Taxes If They Catch You Tell Them Your Sorry, Thats How The Messiah Obama Gang Does It.

Those aren't the only taxes that will be going up, the Dingobats are back.

5. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Hope you're ready for a completely random and unscheduled *wink* audit from the IRS for suggesting that PR.

I could point out that you live in MA, but since we up here in NH are slowly turning into that from the idiots that move here with their lovely tax-now philosophy, I can't rightfully do that.

6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +727 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

My comment exactly. PR was FIRED UP about electing Obama despite Biden saying what he said. Man up, PR, you voted for him you should celebrate the patriotism we'll all be showing when we pay more taxes.

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +977 / 2 / -9

God Bless Beautiful Barack Hussein Obama

Now Get Your Wallet Out

Paying Taxes Is Fun Help The Loons

8. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Rah, rah....:americaflag:

9. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

People vote for ultra liberals and then are surprised they have less money and have to pay more taxes. It never ends. :rolleyes:

10. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I'll stand by Obama. I voted for him and I'd vote for him again tomorrow. i like his leadership. That does not mean I have to love every single thing he does.

11. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

do we think it would be any better with mccain? he wanted to forgive a portion of people's mortgages,

either way you had to vote for the corporate candidate.

12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +727 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

Stand behind your vote all you want - great - but don't suggest people cheat on their taxes because your guy is going to raise them.

13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +727 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

McCain got caught up in trying to win instead of being himself and that cost him any chance to win. With the lack of support for Tarp I from the voters I'd be interested in how things would have changed if Obama had supported Tarp I with Bush while McCain was against it and divorcing himself from Bush. But we'll never know.

14. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I already did...I'm only suggesting it to upper middle income earners. You know, the ones that aren't wealthy but are treated like they are. So I'll say it again...cheat on your taxes! :p

15. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

it baffles me why both candidates endorsed it. i think whoever went against it would have had a great advantage in the race(of course you need to take out the palin factor)

16. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Sure its an unknown; but you really have no way of knowing just how bad things might have been. Its not 100% impossible for things to have ended up as bad as it was in The Road Warrior without TARP.

I think the IF in this thread's title is a rather big one btw, I'd be highly surprised if taxes moved upwards for any but the very wealthy before 2012, excepting Massachusetts of course. The brand of Democrat that runs this state is very close to being stupid enough to try and get a tax increase through in these times. Which may just be a good thing in the long run. We need more Republicans in power around here. Anyone who doesn't live here in the Pats home state may be interested to know that MA Democrats keep MA Republicans in basically the same box Sean Hannity keeps Alan Colms in. IE they're around, but they don't really count.

17. Real World

Ratings:
    +831 / 7 / -3

The single dumbest thing McLame ever could have done, was vote for the TARP bill. Had he voted no, he'd have won IMO. Not that I'd have any confidence in a McLame Administration. Either way the people the rolling the dice, since niether candidate had the resume for the job.

18. Real World

Ratings:
    +831 / 7 / -3

McLame sucked too.