PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If I'm the Jets, I'm nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm the Jets, I realize that my QB is throwing exponentially more interceptions per game and that my defense isn't quite as phenomenal as I thought.

Nice to see Rex humbled. Plummeting down the standings.

In case it hadn't been said, Schefter has officially filed it - Nose Tackle Jenkins out for the year with a torn ACL.

In case it hadn't been said, Schefter has officially filed it - Nose Tackle Jenkins out for the year with a torn ACL.

I don't wish this injury on anyone and that is very unfortunate for the Jets. I can only imagine the panicking going on at the GangGreen site.

"Wrecks" has done a fairly good job, with the hopeless situation he was given. Don't forget the Jests fans drove Mangini out of town after a 10 win season. They were convinced that wasn't good enough, and Shanahan and Cower would be lining up to jump at the chance to take his place.

Wasn't it embarrassing when Cower literally laughed; and Shanan didn't even return their calls. Spagnulo went elsewhere. Gruden went into broadcasting. No one wanted to even discuss their JOB as the HC of the NYJ.

In fact the ONLY Coach who would even talk to them, was a portly DC with a only a few years experience in Baltimore. He hadn't really rebuilt a Defense; all he did was keep a good Defense already constructed going, while the Ravens found an Offense, finally.

Mangini rebuilt that team from the dregs to average plus respectability; and got fired for the effort, by an ar$ehole of an owner. Even worse the fans supported the change, and even demanded it.

To do his 2 out of 3, 10 win seasons, Mangini emphasized getting some starting quality talent to upgrade the starting 22, for a few years, before turning to build depth. But the F.O. fools foolishly thought that the mild success from trading your entire draft for a pick or two, could be continued forever with no detrimental aspects.

GM Tannenbaum is a lying, cheating, backstabber allowed to operate by a good for nothing owner, who can't tell the difference between Gold and Fool's gold. He traded off what little depth there was, to get a chance at a some more fool's gold in "Sanchise". Who is a short, weak armed, under prepared, and uncoachable fellow from Pete Carrol's domain, who wouldn't listen to Pete's advice that he wasn't ready.

Jet fandom gets what it deserves.:rolleyes:

LMAO, it's crazy to see the annual NYJ meltdown come so early ;]

NY Post poll has the fans about evenly split between benching the San-grenade now, benching him after the next clunker or letting him play through the growing pains. This mixed reaction is based on the mixed signals from the coach. The "playing down expectations" train has left the station and it ain't coming back.

That being said, the Jets have a workable schedule and should be able to compete for a playoff spot (which would be a success given their situation). It remains to be seen if Wrecks and the San-grenade have the ability to navigate the season without crashing psychologically.

They upped the ante with the Pats Super Bowl talk and went all in with the Edwards trade. That turned a transition season (like Belichick in 2000) into something more.

I'd be really nervous now that Kris Jenkins is done for the year....I feel bad for the jest....right?

This is priceless, thanks for the laugh.

Sanchez has sucked the past two weeks and the defense has looked like a steaming pile of sh!t the past two weeks, totally inept.

Oh and Jenkins is toast too.

Time to rethink this drivel you wrote, is it not?

if we all got called on some of our dumber comments a month after we wrote them, we'd all be in trouble...lighten up...

If I'm the Jets, I'm.....

Avoiding the rush by tampering with Vince Wilfork right now, instead of waiting until February.

With Jenkins out (and with more PSLs to sell before next year), I'm already talking with Vince's agent.

Forget the schadenfreude, I think Vince's price tag just went up.

What team chokes against a Harvard quarterback when a guy on your team rushes for 200 over yards?

Only the Jets!!!

I mean, Hahhvahd, cmon. Your talking about a guy that got a 1500+ on his SATs. Fitzpatrick looks like he has never picked up a dumbbell in his life.

1,500? that wouldn't have been enough to get him in...better add another "+" or two...

Last edited:
Feel free to come back to this thread whenever. Good call by the OP. However, a lot of us saw a Jets letdown coming. They were fortunate that the teams they placed shot themselves in the foot on offense more than the Jets defense stopped them. They were also fortunate that, for whatever reason, defenses didn't feel like turning up the pressure on Sanchez.

agreed...the Jets are always in the Super Bowl in September and they always have a coach and/or QB who is destined for Canton in Week Three...their demise/letdown was predictable...

the jets board today is really funny with threads entitled "Benchize"...almost as funny as this board after Matt took over last year and after the second half of the Broncos game this year...

The JETS fan base likely files a class action harassment claim if Rex calls them at home again this season...:rofl:

Classic! ROFL!

"Hiya fans...this is your good ole buddy wrecks....i forgot we still had to play games after we won the superbowl in september.

Anyway....don't forget to tuck young Bobby into bed and sing the J - E - T - S fight song to him. And tell him the story about the time 5o years ago when we won the dang championship. Back then I think it was in February and not September. heck....musta been cold. Oh well....say hello to aunt Betsy... gotta run. I have 49,322 more calls to make. Bye" !

Last edited:
Did anyone watch the reaction by Ryan when Lindell first missed Buffalo's field goal, and then when Lindell got a second chance and converted it.

Ryan looked like a little kid with his reactions. He pumped his fist when the game was still in hand, but then his head dropped when the game was lost.

It felt good to watch... Ryan just comes off to me as a blow-hard.

Did anyone watch the reaction by Ryan when Lindell first missed Buffalo's field goal, and then when Lindell got a second chance and converted it.

Ryan looked like a little kid with his reactions. He pumped his fist when the game was still in hand, but then his head dropped when the game was lost.

It felt good to watch... Ryan just comes off to me as a blow-hard.

I'd rather have Herm Edwards.....or even the guy in your signature coaching ... If I were unfortunate enough to be a Jets fan.

if we all got called on some of our dumber comments a month after we wrote them, we'd all be in trouble...lighten up...
He was right. People should get called on dumb posts.

You said it, stand by it. Unless your hero is Mark Shlereth or somebody like that, why would you want to change your story every week?

I liked Chad Jackson and Garrett Mills. And Antoine Womack. So sue me. I was right about Patrick Pass, anyway, even if I did want David Terrell over Richard Seymour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back