2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
-After 9+ months of negotiation
-After 1 insulting low ball offer
-After a 2nd below market offer
-After 9 years as a Red Sox Starter/ace
-After 2 WS rings
-After getting traded
-After watching MLB stars sign mega contracts.......in under 48 hours of negotiations........
....................the Red Sox continue to jerk this guy around.
Imagine low balling a player for the privilege to play for a last place team.
If reports are correct.....Fat Panda has a higher offer than Lester.
I HATE LARRY

Last edited:
I agree with your post. If I'm Lester, I realize I've got nothing left to prove in Boston. I'd go pitch in the NL and spend the rest of my 30's playing the #'s game, aiming for the HOF.

Caveat for all of this is whether he really prefers Boston and would rather play here - if given a fair market offer.

He has multiple WS rings, He should take all the money he can get before his arm falls off

He has multiple WS rings, He should take all the money he can get before his arm falls off
I would......and I'd tell Larry to GFY on my way out the door

Lucky Luccino should've been sacked at the same time that Theo & Tito were (correctly).

we don't know what he was offered...and if you believe the Boston media then i feel sorry for you. Let this play out.

Lester to the Sox
Panda to S.F.

Way overpaid ... see you later Jon.

they gave him a no trade clause to.

I would not have signed Lester to this contract, and agree with the stance the Red Sox took.. vastly overpaid for a pitcher that age. They blew this signing last spring and probably could have gotten it done with a better offer, but you never know he could have rejected that as well.

I was out and about midday yesterday and was craving some Pats talk, unfortunately Zo was trying to drum up the vitriol against Luchino(sp) and the Red Sox in general. Speaking about do the fans like the rotation now with the three new guys, do we have confidence in these three #3 or #4 pitchers???.. If I had the patience to be on hold would have asked him what would the RS rotation have looked like if we signed Lester?? Lester, Buchholz, DeLaRosa and Webster??

There are no great answers and do not see the sox going after Hamels.. it would cost too many potentially good players...

The f.. up happened last spring, not this December..

we will be ok without him. I don't think we are done adding one more starter. Guys that can take the ball every 5 days and give you 200 innings a year are few and far between. We just got two of them in Porcello and Miley. I like the rotation as it is right now, but i would not rule out Ben getting Shields or trading for someone like Hamels or Zimmerman.

i think the rotation is garbage. if they go into next year with the current staff it will be a long year. miley is a nl pitcher so add another run to his era. clay buchholz is a fragile headcase that cant be counted on. masterson who i like is a project. hes been struggling. porcello is ok. i view him as a number three not a front man for any rotation other than a small market team. and that leaves joe kelly another number three or four man in the rotation. its hard to be very optimistic imo.

Last edited:
They definitely need at least one more legit starter. Maybe Benny Cherry can convince some sucker
to give him one in exchange for the trash heap of JBJ, Renaudo & Marrero.

Shields would be a good addition and give us that Ace we need to head the rotation.

if they arent willing to pay lester 155 mill. they arent going to pay 170 for sherzer. and they arent going to give a 33 year old shields a five year deal. i wish they would do one or both. but they wont. the only way they are going to get a ace is a trade of some kind.

I think one or both of Shields & Scherzer would cost a first-round pick, so I would be shocked if
either one of them were signed, especially Scherzer.

then we are left trading the entire farm system for Hamels or Zimmerman.

then we are left trading the entire farm system for Hamels or Zimmerman.

Surprised they couldn't package Cespedes for a better pitcher. Sox got kind of raped in that deal. Don't think Detroit took more than a second to sign that deal.

If I'm Jon Lester ... I start shutting the F up ... he's starting to whine like a little b1tch.

Hope he forgets how to pitch again like he did a few years ago ... how soon he forgets - fame is fleeting.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back