Welcome to PatsFans.com

If I were to run for President;

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Turd Furguson, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If I ran for Prez on this simple platform would you vote for me?

My platform would be to put an "internal" timeline on a total withdrawal of Iraq. Neither the press nor our enemies/those who stand to gain by us leaving would know the exact date or time of our departure but it would be within the first few years of my presidency.

I would then cut off all funding/foreign aid for any country that did not act in our best interests in the last decade. Any country that helped us after 9/11 in Afghanistan and Iraq will be regarded as a dear friend and ally that will continue to receive America's thanks.

I would take a complete hands off policy in terms of world affairs. America is no longer the world's policeman. I would close all military bases NOT on American soil and bring all US troops home and station most of them along our borders which would summarily be closed to ILLEGAL immigration. I would however keep our Navy battle groups deployed throughout the globe near "hot spots" in case there was a clear threat to the US and we needed quick deployment.

I would immediately withdraw the country from the United Nations and evict them from U.S soil turning the UN building into a museum or completely razing it and turning it into a playground or something.

With all the money not spent on foreign aid and operating foreign military bases, I would cut taxes considerably for every tax brackett in a fair and even manner. I would not cut them however so that we could not maintain some sort of "safety net" for those who need it in terms of the poor or the disabled. I would also use a large portion of that leftover money to ensure that our military members received top notch health care for them and their families throughout their lifetimes free of charge. I would ensure that the military would be a career that people would want to choose.

Would you vote for me and if not, why not?
  2. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1

There are too many moles for an "internal" timeline to stay secret. I'm not sure that would work. Either way, you'll get a draw down in Iraq in the next 12 months.

As for the other stuff, I like most of it, generally speaking. If possible, I'd like for you to consider investing some of the foreign aide, and military base spending on an alternative fuel source to oil. Research, and infrastructure would need some investment dollars to work.
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Where do I send the check?!
    :woohoo:
    You'd have to change your name, though. President Turd would remind me of Bush too much.

There's someone already in the race with a similar platform - Ron Paul.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

you might get my vote...
    lets make election day a national holiday...and eliminate the electoral college while we are at it!
  5. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I didnt want to get too complex or else my platform would be 3 miles long and no one would read it.

In terms of alternative fuel sources, I think I'd use some kind of incentive to private enterprises to develop. Let the private sector use its innovation especially if there's financial gain to be had and we should have something.
  6. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'd propose to change some holidays;

Add;

Election Day - every year

"Super Bowl Monday" - Day after the Super Bowl has to be one of the least productive work days ever

9-11 would be a day of remembrance and thus a National Holiday.

Drop - Presidents Day (a trade off for Super Bowl monday)
  7. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1

Interesting.

Why do that?
  8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Its the only election that doesn't count a popular vote......
    Its like the BCS for crying out loud. Why is 1-A college football the only division in all of the NCAA that has no playoff? answer: $$$$$

Why is the Presidential election the only one that usues the electoral college....still? I'm not saying its about the money for the white house, but its similarly strange. If you live in California, and you voted for Bush, Nader, or anyone besides Kerry....your vote didn't count.
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Oh......I like the superbowl monday idea!

Okay, done....you almost got my vote. Who is your running mate? choose wisely!
  10. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1

Cuz it's the only national election maybe?
  11. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1

How about this guy?

[​IMG]

boyeee! :eek:
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

13. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Yup. Sign me up, Turd. Those are some very sound Libertarian policies.
    I like it.
    As for the electoral college. Leave it be.
    Otherwise the Urban areas will rule over the rural areas. In a nutshell.
    President Turd, what would you do about polticians that keep bringing up
    unconstitutional ideas for laws that strip us of freedoms one by one as each one passes? These ideas are coming from both sides of the aisle.
    Gun control, smoking bans, drug laws, prostitution laws and taxes for every frikin thing under the sun.
    Oh yeah, and racial quotas. Has there even been a timetable when we can say the past injustices have been forgiven or are we just going to continue doing this indefinitely?
  14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

No.

Unfortunately if you don't make the timeline public, no one will believe that there is one, so it's not a good campaign promise.

But, some of those countries have raw materials we require, and we don't want to push them towards the Chinese or Soviets. Also, we are dependent on even many poor countries because they buy more of our goods than we buy their goods.

Then if those countries felt vulnerable, it would pave the way for China, Russia, or the EU to open their own bases. Also, how would you stop people from coming to the U.S. on tourist visas and simply not leaving?

But, if we didn't have bases and we cut off relations with countries that didn't help us after 9/11, we might have supply and refueling issues.

I completely disagree there, but won't go into it. I very much support the UN, even with it's flaws. By the way, right now it has a leader that should be much more to the liking of conservatives.

I do believe foreign aid is important for lots of reasons, and I would rather see investment in this country than tax cuts, but overall I could accept what you are proposing here.

Yes, that's a good idea, and hopefully by giving military families health care it would be another step towards ensuring that all Americans have health care.
  15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

Although I do not agree with everything you say, I do agree with a lot, I would vote for you.. my point is that the Republicans and Democrats are slowly, and sometimes quickly morphing into each other... you at least provide a choice.
  16. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fair points Patters ( I never said cut off trade relations btw)

I was going to select you as my running mate. I think it would be an interesting idea to have a President/Vice President as a point/counterpoint type of leadership core. Whilst I would be in charge, I would take every suggestion or objection from Vice President Patters seriously.
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

How refreshing & inspiring, take back all my skepticism... you have my undying support, too bad I don't have much cash..
  18. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Regarding unconstitutional ideas, My main platform would be to adhere to the United States Constitution at ALL COSTS.

Many issues I would leave to the states to decide. No need for the federal government to get involved in stuff it doesnt need to. Government is big enough as it is.

My personal feelings on;

Gun control - Only law abiding citizens adhere to gun laws. Any US citizen with a clean record should be able to have a gun/gun permit.

Smoking bans - A private establishment should have the right to decide if they want to allow smoking in it or not. Patrons have the right to not go to that establishment if its a smoking one or not. (I'd suggest they advertise which side of the fence they're on so people know) Government or State/town facilities should remain smoke free.

Drug laws - I dont have a convicing argument either way so I'll leave it alone for now

Prostitution laws - Abolish them. What one consenting adult does with another consenting adult is none of the government's business even if there is money involved. Any kind of forced prostitution or underage pros. however would be met with severe punishment (dont get me started on the penal system....just know that I would push for strict sentencing meaning if you're sentenced to 10 years, you serve 10 years etc..)

Taxes - Less is more

Racial quotas - My first thought is that I hate them and think them unfair as is affirmative action but I also want to be fair and to be sure that we dont repeat mistakes of the past and have minorities on the outside looking in.
    I'd like to think that private enterprise is at the point where they want the best and brightest no matter the race/creed/religion but there must be some sort of failsafe to ensure that we dont morph back into the Segregation days.

Another train of thought is that private enterprise should have the right to hire whomever they want and folks who purposely fail to hire to minorities can boycott those businesses.

Tough issue.
  19. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And regarding my "timetable" for leaving Iraq, Only the President's inner circle would be aware of it. Vice President Patters, Secretary of Defense Qui Gon, Secretary of State wistahpatsfan, Secretary of the Interior Real World and the Joint Chiefs.
  20. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

I might tell a few people ;)

I think you ought to bring NEM back to be White House Press Sec'y.
  21. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would stipulate that if the date got out, then the date would change and be known only by me.

NEM would be my "Helen Thomas"
  22. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

How about a national sales tax to replace the income tax or a flat tax al a Steve Forbes, might I suggest BMFC31( I think that is his name) as secretary of defense.

I like the idea of being constitutionally based.. also believe in a very strong separation of church and state. Also believe in strog states rights.

Smoking is always thought of as a choice, if i do not smoke, I choose a restaurant that caters to this.. too many laws, law enforcement spend too much time spent on mickey mouse stuff.
  23. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would be very open to the thought of a national sales tax. I'd have to research it more but I believe the current system of taxation is not fair. Any of our military board members would be on the joint chiefs of staff.

GJA, I believe there may be a place for you in my cabinet as well. We seem to share a lot of philosophical ideas. National Security Advisor perhaps?
  24. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

Nah, I tend to be more of free thinker bordering on an anarchist than anything else cannot align myself with any one person or party, I would not represent you well, but would consider an ambassadorship to Italy, may Fiji or something very subtle.. but Harry Boy would be outstanding as White House Press Secretary.. could you just see him answering questions of the press. Thanks for thinking of me though.
  25. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Thanks for your response, candidate Turd.
    You sang my song practically word for word.
    But allow me to address the drug issue...

Establish an addicts institute. Like a mental institute
    but for serious drug addicts and NOT a mental institute.
    If a person is found to be an addict, they would stay at
    the AI for x amount of time and even possibly train for
    a marketable skill so they can improve thier standard of living
    Why just keep throwing people in jail for doing something
    that makes them feel better about a life that isn't
    going anywhere anyways.
    Pot, pills even coke. I've known people who have indulged
    in it on an occasional basis and not screw up themselves and
    everybody around them. Legalize it.
    But if a persons behavior deviates so severely than
    off to the AI you go.
    No?
  26. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Under normal circumstances I couldnt care less what someone chooses to do to themselves in regards to drugs. The main problem becomes when they become so addicted that they run out of money to fund their habit and begin robbing, stealing and even killing for their addiction.
  27. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

YES!
    Secretary of State!:eat3: :eat2:
    YES!
    Fourth in line, right?
    You and Patters better watch your backs!
    ....I mean thanks a lot.:cool:

As Secretary of State, the first thing I would do is have a giant keg party / barbecue with Icelandic strippers, Nickleback, lots of midgets, and the Patriot Cheerleaders and invite my counterparts from Israel, Iran, Russia, China, and India so we can kill this "terrorism thing".
  28. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'd be there doing keg stands.

Of course if that information leaked to the press, I'd have you all liquidated.
  29. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1

What the hell is that? Do I sound like a gardener, or a decorator to you or something? :mad:

United States Secretary of the Interior

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seal of the Department of Interior
    Secretary Dirk Kempthorne (2006 – present)The United States Secretary of the Interior is the head of the United States Department of the Interior. The Department of the Interior oversees such agencies as the Bureau of Indian Affairs, the United States Geological Survey, and the National Park Service. The Secretary also serves on and appoints the private citizens on the National Park Foundation board. The Secretary is a member of the President's Cabinet. The Secretary typically comes from a western state; only one of the last 16 Secretaries is not identified with a state lying west of the Mississippi River.

Now if it said Gynecologal, as opposed to Geological, I might be interested. :D

Seriously, I'd prefer to be Attorney General or something. A position with a little bite, and where I could do more than roast marshmellows in Yellow Stone.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  30. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1

As Sectratary of the Interior I'll decorate. :rolleyes: Maybe a Jesus & Mohammed go to Studio 54 type theme? :D