PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If I were in a Patriots press conference, I would ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me: What is your favorite Kenny Loggins song?

If I don't get the answer I want I'd resort to my backup..

Me: What was your favorite song from the movie Top Gun?

But I'd be hoping my second question would be..

Me: What do you say back to someone that thanks you for something you've done for them?

Edit his answers and hopefully make it my ringtone.

1.) In the end of May your cap space increased by $79,200. Why?

The NFL handles the cap rules, you'd have to ask them.

2.) Did you borrow cap space in 2011 and/or in 2012?

We made the best decision for the team at the time.

a9Y82tB.png

I'd ask Belichick why he just doesn't spit out the phlegm he snorts constantly at his press conferences....

Because the NFL IS a not for profit organization.
The TEAMS however are for profit.
You misunderstand the dynamic that the not for profit organization is the league, not the teams that make up the league.
In other words 32 businesses subscribe to one not for profit service to handle affairs among and between them, and to help the 32 units maximize profits.

And the distinction is ridiculous, GODdell is getting around 35 million to play the head of the Non-Profit, what a sick joke.

The NFL handles the cap rules, you'd have to ask them.

We made the best decision for the team at the time.

a9Y82tB.png

He looks like his breath stinks in that picture.

I'd ask him if he thought Tebow or Johnny Manziel was cuter.

Which of Tom Brady's hairdos to you prefer, and do any of them give him a tactical advantage on the field?

And the distinction is ridiculous, GODdell is getting around 35 million to play the head of the Non-Profit, what a sick joke.

Well, you just don't understand the concept.
What would you like them to pay tax on?
No corporation pays income tax on payroll, it is an expense. Why would what Goddell makes have anything to do with that?
Would it make you feel better if the league took more money from the owners and they paid tax on it instead of the owners paying tax on it?
The league does not make money.

I truly believe that Belichick kept quiet because if he really told the truth, the public would be aware that this has been something that's gone on across the league for many years, which other coaches have touched on as well. He took one for the team and took one for the NFL as a whole.

In other words, while Belichick may have chosen to keep quiet and allow the public to come to their own conclusions, I believe that he gained the respect of many coaches and owners by taking 100% blame with no further explanation.

I disagree with this because it implies that there was something he was protecting.
I seriously doubt BB cares that the public knows that teams have attempted to steal signals for years. I further doubt he thinks there is anything wrong with it, and others have already admitted it.

I think he said nothing because there was nothing good that could come out of talking about it.
It would be like the Mike Piazza press conference announcing he wasn't gay.

I would ask at what point did the team change to this bend but don't break D. Letting up yards between the 20's became okay. My second question would be after Willie left the team why were they not drafting pass rushers to take his place. 3rd question would be why were drafting DB's that were small IE Ellis Hobbs when teams in the NFL were drafting big WR's.

He looks like his breath stinks in that picture.
Well, you just don't understand the concept.
What would you like them to pay tax on?
No corporation pays income tax on payroll, it is an expense. Why would what Goddell makes have anything to do with that?
Would it make you feel better if the league took more money from the owners and they paid tax on it instead of the owners paying tax on it?
The league does not make money.

I understand it perfectly I worked for a "non profit" for a long time and saw them blur the lines more and more over time, I just don't agree with your take and I have zero interest in discussing it.

I understand it perfectly I worked for a "non profit" for a long time and saw them blur the lines more and more over time, I just don't agree with your take and I have zero interest in discussing it.
If you have zero interest in discussing it, why are you responding?
By the way, it is not a non-profit, it is a not for profit.
Regardless of whether the tax laws are something you agree with or not, the point remains that the NFL is not for profit, for a very simple reason, they don't make money, it is made by the teams.
You can't really disagree with my 'take' unless you just don't understand what a not for profit is. My 'take' is simply an explanation of what is.

I don't understand this response and it's relationship to my post.

Giants/Bills or Patriots/Rams Super Bowls, take your pick, I would take Patriots/rams.

Jaworski picked the Pats/Rams game as his signature game in his Games that Changed the Game. It was one of 7 games he selected from NFL/AFL history - and the only one from the past 20 years. It represents a philosophy that he still follows: take away the opponents best asset and see if they can adapt.

I'd ask if he is really going to answer theses questions. :)

While you're at it, also ask him why Randy Moss was such a headcase and what they tried to do about it, if he has anything "special" planned against Wes Welker this year, and whether Linda Holliday's are real.

The first two are good questions.

The answer to the last question is pretty obvious. I mean really, did Cosell wear a rug? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes