Welcome to PatsFans.com

If I only had the coin, this would make for a great vacation

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 5 / -2

I'm kidding by the way, but these Russians aren't.

Luxury yachts offer pirate hunting cruises

Luxury ocean liners in Russia are offering pirate hunting cruises aboard armed private yachts off the Somali coast.

[​IMG]

Wealthy punters pay £3,500 per day to patrol the most dangerous waters in the world hoping to be attacked by raiders.

When attacked, they retaliate with grenade launchers, machine guns and rocket launchers, reports Austrian business paper Wirtschaftsblatt.

Passengers, who can pay an extra £5 a day for an AK-47 machine gun and £7 for 100 rounds of ammo, are also protected by a squad of ex special forces troops.

The yachts travel from Djibouti in Somalia to Mombasa in Kenya.

The ships deliberately cruise close to the coast at a speed of just five nautical miles in an attempt to attract the interest of pirates.

"They are worse than the pirates," said Russian yachtsman Vladimir Mironov. "At least the pirates have the decency to take hostages, these people are just paying to commit murder," he continued.

Ananova - Luxury yachts offer pirate hunting cruises
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

insane!

These dudes should get a summer home in Afghanistan.....
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +554 / 2 / -9

Somebody finally found a way to get rid of them, now if the pirates don't want to get shot "don't pirate" stay in your hut or go Zebra Riding.

"there's another one clyde, shoot the bastard"
  4. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Wow, that's actually kinda cool! Yeah, yeah, okay, we shouldn't encourage vigilanties, but still... :(
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's the Russian Way.

I wouldn't worry too much. This is more a scam for blood-thirsty tourists who have money to burn and just want to go out and get drunk on the sea. Hint: WHO gets to pay for all this?? ;) The pirates aren't that dumb to fall for such a ruse; the word is out. Rumor has it they read the news on the internet now!!! :D Wake me up when they actually kill a pirate or two. I won't hold my breath.

//