PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If I am the Patriots...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone thinks that having an average QB isn't good enough to win the Super Bowl, just go back and look at a few of the QBs that have Super Bowl rings and tell me its not possible.

Doug Williams? Brad Johnson? Mark Rypien? Trent Dilfer? These were not the best QBs in the league - but their team was the best when it mattered most.

Brady was average in his 1st season and Eli was average too, you just have to be a solid QB, minimize mistakes and manage the offense. Hopefully Cassel can be average and improve week to week.

Have to agree with the thread starter.

There are some vocal passionate guys in that locker room, and by God next Sunday are they going to have that team ready to go out and crush all comers. Not just the Jets, but anyone.

Guys like Big Vince, Sey, Tedy, Vrabes, and especially Rodney Harrison aren't going to let this team feel sorry for itself and allow us to piss away any chance of the Playoffs.

I think we're going to see old-skool Patriot performances in the next few weeks, guys playing D like their lives depend on it.

...and don't forget Brady, he is a true leader and he will get this team fired up, probably by adressing them. The only thing, a big only thing, but the onlny thing out is Brady's play. He WILL help this team this year...

Please do not confuse ANGER with intensity. I am not advocating the players intentionally go out to hurt members on other teams. What I am saying is that the players will make it a point to go out and finish every block, route and run. And if that means we see Moss lower his shoulder and slam into a safety or Wilfork, Warren and Seymour blast the other team's offensive line back into the QB or blow up a RB in the back field, then that's what we'll see.

We won't see them be dirty players.

Please do not confuse ANGER with intensity. I am not advocating the players intentionally go out to hurt members on other teams. What I am saying is that the players will make it a point to go out and finish every block, route and run. And if that means we see Moss lower his shoulder and slam into a safety or Wilfork, Warren and Seymour blast the other team's offensive line back into the QB or blow up a RB in the back field, then that's what we'll see.

DB you almost started some kind of revolutionary quest here. VIVA DaBruinz!!

I hope this positive energy keeps up. They'll probably lose some games this season and MC Hammer may well look bad in some. Even TB had his dog days. There'll be a few goobers clamoring for Sims or whoever else might be around the scrap heap. We need to stick by this team through the thick and thin, ignore the naysayers and get downright committed. Kind of like the old days.

Frezo...A proud member of the MC Hammer fan club.

There was nothing dirty about AD taking out KC's QB.
It's tackle football.

The Pats can be fired up all they want. What it comes down to is talent, and big talk is no match (e.g., Chargers' Lady Tomlinson). The players will rally around Cassell, but when they get into the huddle before every play, Brady's presence will not be there.

another post that calms my Schizophrenia

The competitive fire isn't going out with Brady going down. Its growing to a huge crescendo. One that should cause other teams to be VERY SCARED of playing the Patriots.

Going forwards, I am thinking we are going to see the toughest, hardnosed football we've ever seen this team play. I believe we are going to see an intensity out of the players that we would never have expected. I think that the intensity is going to be unparalleled in football history, never mind Patriots history.

The league has sent a clear message regarding the hit on Brady. So the team will need to send a message back. And I believe that they will. And they will do their talking on the field.

I am looking forward to watching the Patriots the rest of this year because its going to be one helluva ride and I am going to enjoy every minute of it.

Man, if you were a woman I'd marry you sight unseen, DaB

i know i'm going through my "anger" stage now, but I'd love to see the Pats mess up a premier QB in the next few weeks...no, no...i don't really mean that, it's just my evil cousin talking...

The competitive fire isn't going out with Brady going down. Its growing to a huge crescendo. One that should cause other teams to be VERY SCARED of playing the Patriots.

Going forwards, I am thinking we are going to see the toughest, hardnosed football we've ever seen this team play. I believe we are going to see an intensity out of the players that we would never have expected. I think that the intensity is going to be unparalleled in football history, never mind Patriots history.

I am looking forward to watching the Patriots the rest of this year because its going to be one helluva ride and I am going to enjoy every minute of it.

i would love it too and i agree that it will be very interesting to watch the Pats the rest of the year

i'm still down after Brady injury but i still have hopes too

Go Pats ! Now more then before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back