Welcome to PatsFans.com

If Hillary gets the Dem nomination ...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

... I say she picks Obama as her Veep. They were making too many coos and lovey-dovey talk in this debate for them NOT to have made a back-room deal already.

I doubt if Hillary is interested in VP, so if Obama gets the nod, it could be interesting.

//
  2. Street Scum

Street Scum Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was pondering that scenario myself. The question would be though, would Obama be fine with sharing the VP with Bill? I think they hate each other.
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

My sense is that Hillary holds enough cards in their family that it would be "her" presidency, not his. If she wants Obama, he'll be her running mate. Of course, I may underestimate the behind the scenes influence of the Big Democrat Machine that is behind the Clintons; if they decide "no Obama" that may leave Hillary with no choice.

But if she gets the nomination I do expect she'll choose Obama as her VP.

//
  4. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Satan.....And their first policy action is a military strike on lithuania...
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Nah. She told me that's not on her "to do" list.

//
  6. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Don't know, wouldn't she want someone like Wes Clark to try and counteract McCain's military experience?
  7. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Satan? The reason I ask you, is your connection with the spirit world...And you need something to do besides seperate your eardrums........
  8. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

No way it will be Obama. It will be someone like Evan Bayh. Needs a blue dog democrat or someone along that lines.
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So, why do you think they were so warm and fuzzy in the debate last night?? I felt like they must have cut some kind of deal to suddenly be so nice and smiley all of a sudden.

//
  10. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

I believe this was the first debate they have had which is was just the 2 of them, they were probably just feeling each other out in a 1 on 1 setting, As they go on, it will get heated.

After watching that last night, I am almost sure Hillary will get the nod.
  11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Couple reasons she can't take Barack (psst he's black) Obama but the biggest one is simply that she can't afford to be outshined by her own VP selection. She has absolutely zero charisma. He has charisma by the truckloads. It'll look pretty bad when the VP candidate has screaming crowds by the thousands, and then she comes on stage to lukewarm applause and empty seats.
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I tend to agree. Hillary looked much more prepared, relaxed, and engaging -- more convincing -- than Barack. He looked like her younger brother. Also, the crowd gave her more sustained applause.

//
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

That absolutely friggin true. The two egos on one ticket will be like a reaction between matter and anti-matter. I have visions of the lone fly clapping for Buggs Bunny after the "Buggs conducting the orchestra" episode.

..dig the sig, by the way.
  14. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Tipper????

hehehe...

I think that they both truly hate each other.
  15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

What will Prince Obama's wife think when they have their first big HOLLYWOOD WIFE SWAPPING PARTY IN THE LINCOLN BEDROOM :singing: :singing:

Dear God My Friend:
    Don't let these bastards anywhere near the White House.
    Thank You Lord.
    Amen.

:bricks:
  16. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I'd love a Clinton-Obama or Obama-Clinton ticket, but it's unlikely. They'll probably both go with a military guy like Wesley Clark or, even better, Jim Webb, the populist Senator from Virginia. It's a brokered convention, they might consider Edwards, since he has some delegates and strategically he might not be a bad choice.
  17. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

If they do that it's a guaranteed loss against McCain. Jim Webb would actually make a terrific choice I think. He'd balance Clinton well. I might consider voting for Webb....someday. I like him. Sensible, moderate, fiscal sane democrat. They don't make too many like that anymore. Clark wouldn't be a bad pick either. What those two might lack, that the party might look for, is some executive type experience. That's why a Bill Richardson comes to mind. In all honesty, I like the Dem VP choices much more than I like their presidential candidates. That's not to say that I don't like Obama, cuz I do. It's merely that I dislike Hillary, and think Obama is way too green for the gig. The next 4 years are going to be incredibly difficult, and I don't want on the job training. I'm still open to him though, if I do vote in November.
  18. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks... I thought it was appropriate for this week... I don't think the sig makes it clear, but the quote comes from the final game against Finland (after already beating the USSR). The point is that if you have incredible and historic run, it doesn't mean a damn thing if you don't close it out with the championship :D
  19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

McCain is the next president, he played his big trump card and it will work big time "He Turned Himself Into A Full Fledged Democrat"

:bricks: