PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Hernandez Had Been Released 3 Months Ago..

Danger Zone

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
.. how many teams would have filed waiver forms to pick him up?

31 imo.

If we had put him up for trade asking a 4th.. I believe that 31 teams would have been knocking down Belichicks door to steal Hernandez for themselves.

And yes Peter King even Pioli -if he was still actually employed by an NFL team, would be there, standing in line, eagerly anticipating having Hernandez on his team.

Do anyone disagree with these assumptions?

If your team would have jumped at the chance to trade a 4th for Hernandez just a few months ago.. then Im sorry, you lose your right at any smug criticism of the Patriots for actually having drafed him.

"Would your team have traded a 4th round pick for him three months ago?" is should be the first thing we as Patriot fans come back with after anyone does the smug "we didnt draft him because of character concerns"

Posted in the Practice Forums because I just needed to vent a little.

Agree completely, even Herm Edwards would have welcomed him into the fold...

Pioli if he was here, would have agreed with the "value" of this pick..

Peter King would have thought that the Patriots were having a "fire sale" or some other such nonsense...

Things always look better in that "rosy rear view mirror"...

If they hadn't signed him to an extension and he was heading into the end of his rookie deal I bet they could have traded him for a first and maybe even another pick. Imagine if they made the trade and then everything that happened went down. The media would be saying the Patriots knew and swindled team X and would be saying the draft picks should be returned.

Re: Re: If Hernandez Had Been Released 3 Months Ago..

If they hadn't signed him to an extension and he was heading into the end of his rookie deal I bet they could have traded him for a first and maybe even another pick. Imagine if they made the trade and then everything that happened went down. The media would be saying the Patriots knew and swindled team X and would be saying the draft picks should be returned.

Thats exactly what would have happened.. though I think we would all agree that we'd rather being dealing with *that* hehe.

Gee. He was a fine upstanding citizen when he was with us;)

AKA another "ESPN feeding frenzy".. after all it is shark week(whatever that means).....

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back