PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Goodell suspends BB, I will be rooting for wreck of the CBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF the commissioner does not put a stop to this- IF- then I wouldn't mind Mr. Kraft acting like JJones and DSnyder FINANCIALLY, not personally.
Well, if you really wanted to piss off everyone else, why get rid of the cap...? How does Bob Kraft gain by spending $200 million on payroll instead of $110 million...?

If anything, the best "nuclear option" Kraft could employ would be to try and reduce current streams of revenue sharing. But fortunately Bob Kraft has not shown a history of behaving like a spoiled 9 year old anytime he doesn't get his way.

I didn't say it would devastate the league. Please don't put words in my mouth. What I said was eliminating the cap will ultimately, in the long run, hurt the league and that will in turn hurt the Patriots.

Honestly, some people in here are acting like spoiled rotten children threatening a temper tantrum if they don't get their way. Thankfully Bob Kraft will not behave in such a manner.

Suspending BB (more than Sunday's token game) will hurt the Patriots this season. All but guaranteeing they out of the SB running.

Trust me, the sentence will meet Kraft's okay. Believe me, Goodell needs this to end. Destroying a teams season for what amounts to a rule violation could open the league up and let us peer into a real ugly world..........

For instance, Eli Manning might not be able to play this weekend............ unless Dr. Feelgood comes into locker room and has to give him a shot :eek: (artificially enabling him to play in a UNNATURAL state). That's not illegal, but it's pretty ugly stuff. Nobody wants us to know that we "teach" players to "bring the lumber" like the hit that ALMOST ENDED KEVIN EVERETT'S LIFE (it was clean). Face it, had he not been hurt on the play, there would have been high five's all around and plenty of dancing.

Trust me, no-one wants us "regular folks" to find out just what goes in in those far off, ugly corners of this violent sport.

Well, if you really wanted to piss off everyone else, why get rid of the cap...? How does Bob Kraft gain by spending $200 million on payroll instead of $110 million...?

If anything, the best "nuclear option" Kraft could employ would be to try and reduce current streams of revenue sharing. But fortunately Bob Kraft has not shown a history of behaving like a spoiled 9 year old anytime he doesn't get his way.

Any attempt to reduce those streams will not be agreed upon by the opposing faction. What you suggest would "wreck" the cba, just as I mentioned. Actually, spoiled 9 year olds are the ones attacking this team in the press. The adult in the room has every right to warn them to desist, and if they do not, to either send them to detention or suspend them in the interests of justice.

Suspending BB (more than Sunday's token game) will hurt the Patriots this season. All but guaranteeing they out of the SB running.
I like Belichick too, but do you really think suspending him for a couple weeks would result in a complete collapse of the team's championship hopes..? I guess I have more faith in the 53 men plus dozen or so coaches that would be remaining.
Trust me, the sentence will meet Kraft's okay. Believe me, Goodell needs this to end. Destroying a teams season for what amounts to a rule violation could open the league up and let us peer into a real ugly world..........
They can't come down too hard on the Pats because the precedent would be set and he would have to do the exact same thing to the next team getting caught.
For instance, Eli Manning might not be able to play this weekend............ unless Dr. Feelgood comes into locker room and has to give him a shot :eek: (artificially enabling him to play in a UNNATURAL state). That's not illegal, but it's pretty ugly stuff. Nobody wants us to know that we "teach" players to "bring the lumber" like the hit that ALMOST ENDED KEVIN EVERETT'S LIFE (it was clean). Face it, had he not been hurt on the play, there would have been high five's all around and plenty of dancing.

Trust me, no-one wants us "regular folks" to find out just what goes in in those far off, ugly corners of this violent sport.
I think you're comparing apples and oranges here... do you think regular fans aren't aware of the fact that football is a violent sport...? Anyway, I am not sure what serious injuries have to do with rules violations...

Any attempt to reduce those streams will not be agreed upon by the opposing faction. What you suggest would "wreck" the cba, just as I mentioned. Actually, spoiled 9 year olds are the ones attacking this team in the press. The adult in the room has every right to warn them to desist, and if they do not, to either send them to detention or suspend them in the interests of justice.

Actually, to be more precise, I don't think the Krafts would be responsible for the destruction of the CBA. More accurately, if such a thing were to happen, I think it would be because the Krafts wouldn't take the proactive steps they apparently took to preserve it--and, last I checked, it's not their responsibility to bail out the rest of the league this time, either.

I think you're comparing apples and oranges here... do you think regular fans aren't aware of the fact that football is a violent sport...? Anyway, I am not sure what serious injuries have to do with rules violations...

Sure......... it's a stretch, but while we know it's a violent sport, I don't think the average fan understands just how UGLY it can be in the back rooms and alley's.

Oh, there are plenty of spoiled 9 year olds on all sides of this issue. Fortunately Bob Kraft is not one of them... which is why he won't threaten to upend the entire CBA structure, which has worked so well over the past 10+ years, simply because his team got caught and punished.

Sure......... it's a stretch, but while we know it's a violent sport, I don't think the average fan understands just how UGLY it can be in the back rooms and alley's.
Maybe... maybe not... but I don't see what that has to do with the issue of rules violations... I mean, what's the logic here..? The Patriots got caught breaking the rules, therefore the media is going to expose the behind-the-scenes issue of violence and pain killers taking place on a regular basis in NFL locker rooms... Just not seeing the connection between the two subjects :confused:

Oh, there are plenty of spoiled 9 year olds on all sides of this issue. Fortunately Bob Kraft is not one of them... which is why he won't threaten to upend the entire CBA structure, which has worked so well over the past 10+ years, simply because his team got caught and punished.

Don't be so sure. If you listen to Jonathan Kraft, he is sitting on a razor thin fence on this issue. If being "caught and punished" were the limit of this issue, you would be right. But you seem oddly unaware of the larger ramifications at play, including a palace coup against the Pats that has nothing to do with a trivial and minor charge. If you were aware of them, you would take more seriously the need for Bob Kraft to exercise his considerable influence to resolve this issue in his organization's favor. And if that fails, then Mr. Kraft needs to pursue in the future what is best for his franchise, because no one else in the league seems to give a damn about it. And if what is "best for his franchise" means the end of revenue sharing, then I support that wholeheartedly, and he may also.

Don't be so sure. If you listen to Jonathan Kraft, he is sitting on a razor thin fence on this issue If being "caught and punished" were the limit of this issue, you would be right. But you seem oddly unaware of the larger ramifications at play, including a palace coup against the Pats that has nothing to do with a trivial and minor charge.
ummm... WTF are you talking about here...? I think you're being a wee bit paranoid... There are no black helicopters swirling around Gillette Stadium...

Yeah, there are plenty of teams that want to stick it to the Pats. That's why the League has a Commissioner who's job it is is to act in the best interests of the League without any prejudice for or against any single franchise.
If you were aware of them, you would take more seriously the need for Bob Kraft to exercise his considerable influence to resolve this issue in his organization's favor.
Well, obviously Bob Kraft is going to lobby on behalf of his own organization. But, fortunately, we can expect he won't play the part of a 9 year old throwing a temper tantrum if he doesn't get his way.
And if that fails, then Mr. Kraft needs to pursue in the future what is best for his franchise, because no one else in the league seems to give a damn about it. And if what is "best for his franchise" means the end of revenue sharing, then I support that wholeheartedly, and he may also.
You seem to think Bob Kraft can just impose his will unilaterally on the rest of the league. He may be a very powerful owner, but he is not quite that powerful.

Plus he's smart enough to know not to cut off his nose to spite his face.

Last edited:
ummm... WTF are you talking about here...? I think you're being a wee bit paranoid... There are no black helicopters swirling around Gillette Stadium...

Yeah, there are plenty of teams that want to stick it to the Pats. That's why the League has a Commissioner who's job it is is to act in the best interests of the League without any prejudice for or against any single franchise.
Well, obviously Bob Kraft is going to lobby on behalf of his own organization. But, fortunately, we can expect he won't play the part of a 9 year old throwing a temper tantrum if he doesn't get his way.
You seem to think Bob Kraft can just impose his will unilaterally on the rest of the league. He may be a very powerful owner, but he is not quite that powerful.

Plus he's smart enough to know not to cut off his nose to spite his face.

Qui,
This issue has gone way beyond the so-called "video-gate". Irresponsible articles are being published in prominent newspapers calling into question not only R. Kraft's integrity, but that of his entire organization and tarnishing a legacy built by hundreds of people over many years. This attack is being advanced by bitter competitors, with reckless disregard for facts. The allegations will linger in the public mind for years and unjustly stain Mr. Kraft's brand and name. There will be no simple "punishment and move on" if the punishment is as severe as our rivals are demanding. It will lend credence to the suspicions of the many media, fans, and football people eager to tear down the Patriot legacy. More 9 year old nonsense. Do you have one? You seem obsessed with the analogy.

Qui,
This issue has gone way beyond the so-called "video-gate". Irresponsible articles are being published in prominent newspapers calling into question not only R. Kraft's integrity, but that of his entire organization and tarnishing a legacy built by hundreds of people over many years.
Well there really ain't a whole heck of a lot the Commissioner can do about that, now is there..? If certain elements of the media want to smear the Patriots, he can't quite declare martial law and suspend the U.S. Constitution.

The Commissioner's job is to examine the facts, listen to any defense the Pats put forth, weigh extenuating circumstances, and issue a ruling without any sort of favoritism. I have faith that Goodell is up to the task.
This attack is being advanced by bitter competitors, with reckless disregard for facts. The allegations will linger in the public mind for years and unjustly stain Mr. Kraft's brand and name. There will be no simple "punishment and move on" if the punishment is as severe as our rivals are demanding. It will lend credence to the suspicions of the many media, fans, and football people eager to tear down the Patriot legacy. More 9 year old nonsense. Do you have one? You seem obsessed with the analogy.
That's because it's an appropiate analogy. When I see a thread entitled "If Goodell suspends BB, I will be rooting for wreck of the CBA" I can't help but think of a child who doesn't get his way so he takes his ball and runs home.

As I have said many times, I am grateful that history shows Bob Kraft does not think the way you do. You should learn from the example set forth by Rodney Harrison. He got caught, got punished and took it like an adult. I fully expect Kraft and Belichick to do the same.

Last edited:
Well there really ain't a whole heck of a lot the Commissioner can do about that, now is there..? If certain elements of the media want to smear the Patriots, he can't quite declare martial law and suspend the U.S. Constitution.

The Commissioner's job is to examine the facts, listen to any defense the Pats put forth, weigh extenuating circumstances, and issue a ruling without any sort of favoritism. I have faith that Goodell is up to the task.That's because it's an appropiate analogy. When I see a thread entitled "If Goodell suspends BB, I will be rooting for wreck of the CBA" I can't help but think of a child who doesn't get his way so he takes his ball and runs home.

As I have said many times, I am grateful that history shows Bob Kraft does not think the way you do. You should learn from the example set forth by Rodney Harrison. He got caught, got punished and took it like an adult. I fully expect Kraft and belichick to do the same.

I disagree. I feel there is nothing inappropriate about pursuing your business interests at the expense of rivals who are making every effort to publicly lynch you. Maybe according to your egalitarian philosophy such noble self-sacrifice, at the expense of your good name and legacy, is a virtue. From my perspective it is folly. So you will keep calling me a "9 year old". I will consider you a fool. Shall we continue? or do you want to throw sticks and stones?

I disagree. I feel there is nothing inappropriate about pursuing your business interests at the expense of rivals who are making every effort to publicly lynch you.
You know what you sound like here..? (Well, besides a 9 year old who wants to take his ball and go home)... You sound like a Yankees fan. Apparently I have to teach you the same lesson I have spent years trying to teach them:

If Bob Kraft acts in a way that hurts the league overall, it ultimately will hurt his own franchise as well.
Maybe according to your egalitarian philosophy such noble self-sacrifice, at the expense of your good name and legacy, is a virtue. From my perspective it is folly. So you will keep calling me a "9 year old". I will consider you a fool. Shall we continue? or do you want to throw sticks and stones?
No, I think I am finished... I will leave you to have the last word you so desperately desire... and once you've finished throwing you hissy fit, and calm down from your temper tantrum, you'll understand I was right all along.

Fortunately, Mr. Kraft's line of thinking is much more in line with my beliefs than with yours.

You know what you sound like here..? (Well, besides a 9 year old who wants to take his ball and go home)... You sound like a Yankees fan. Apparently I have to teach you the same lesson I have spent years trying to teach them:

If Bob Kraft acts in a way that hurts the league overall, it ultimately will hurt his own franchise as well.
No, I think I am finished... I will leave you to have the last word you so desperately desire... and once you've finished throwing you hissy fit, and calm down from your temper tantrum, you'll understand I was right all along.

Fortunately, Mr. Kraft's line of thinking is much more in line with my beliefs than with yours.

The last word is... antidisestablishmentarianism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back