PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Goodell suspends BB, I will be rooting for wreck of the CBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least none of players got shot running from the cops.......... that would really suck.
yeah but at least now the pats have a guy who admits to hgh use and a coach who admits to cheating

so welcome to the club! :D

Dealing with envious accusations of small minds is the burden of the great, which these Patriots are. We'll manage. Who knows, your team may not even exist by then, in which case you won't technically qualify as a "fan".
maybe not....but you will always be known as cheaters from now on...so yeah, i'm right.

Yup, if they suspend Belichick, close down the NFL. I've seen a lot of nonsense in the last 48 hours, but this thread deserves a special award. Whatever the punishment, the patriots will accept the penalty and move one, perhaps twisting a few arms for rules changes (or clarifications) sooner rather than later.

You all do understand that the CBA is the agreement that keeps the league functioning. You do understand that this CBA is as close to what Kraft wanted as could possibly be imagined. You do understand that the salary cap is something that Kraft wants to maintain.

We are one the two best cap managers in the league. We are one of the two very best teams in the salary cap era and expect to continue to be so, BECAUSE of the cap, not in spite of it.

Yup, if they suspend Belichick, close down the NFL. I've seen a lot of nonsense in the last 48 hours, but this thread deserves a special award. Whatever the punishment, the patriots will accept the penalty and move one, perhaps twisting a few arms for rules changes (or clarifications) sooner rather than later.

You all do understand that the CBA is the agreement that keeps the league functioning. You do understand that this CBA is as close to what Kraft wanted as could possibly be imagined. You do understand that the salary cap is something that Kraft wants to maintain.

We are one the two best cap managers in the league. We are one of the two very best teams in the salary cap era and expect to continue to be so, BECAUSE of the cap, not in spite of it.

I don't think my "foolishness" compares to your own, openly rooting for a severe punishment for a coach because you dislike his press conferences and fuzzy injury reports. The current CBA is a nice business model, but it isn't the only one. Kraft would prosper in any model now that his brand has been developed sufficiently.

i had charger fans on my board , mad at me cause i said LT was stupid to supply bulletin board material even though he was right, so i know about the 'ultra homeristic 'my-guy-can-get-away-with-anything' types.

yeah but at least now the pats have a guy who admits to hgh use and a coach who admits to cheating

so welcome to the club! :D

Thanks for the welcome. Glad to be here................ would you like to rub our 3 rings? All it'll cost you is to tell us how that drug dealing, gun-toting former safety is doing? what was his name again.............. Oh yeah, inmate #1948576 :cool:

Steroids all around for my new friends, Ferrymen and Phillips are buying I hear. :rolleyes:

So we are all the same now, cept we still got better bling then you. Good luck sunday............. Bank on it, we'll be looking to steal your defensive signs too (and of course, you'll be looking to steal ours too). Who ever solves the puzzle first wins. ;)

Thanks for the welcome. Glad to be here................ would you like to rub our 3 rings? All it'll cost you is to tell us how that drug dealing, gun-toting former safety is doing? what was his name again.............. Oh yeah, inmate #1948576 :cool:

Steroids all around for my new friends, Ferrymen and Phillips are buying I hear. :rolleyes:

So we are all the same now, cept we still got better bling then you. Good luck sunday............. Bank on it, we'll be looking to steal your defensive signs too (and of course, you'll be looking to steal ours too). Who ever solves the puzzle first wins. ;)
what can i say, you obviously cheat alot better than us :cool:

you guys i'm sure could take kiel and make him as good as asante lol, you made some pretty bad dbs into more than competent playoff foes

I hope R. Kraft is considering this as his "nuclear option" and has implied such to Mr. Goodell.

have you lost it?

don't worry man, all ya gotta do is deal with your favorite franchise being called cheaters the rest of your life, it's no big deal.

Hey we had to deal with our favorite franchise being called losers for most of its existence. I think we can handle the "cheating" allegation.

Last edited:
I would openly urge Mr. Kraft to reject any compromise over the coming CBA and usher in the non-salary cap NFL, thereby ruining many teams so eager to defame his franchise's accomplishments over an obviously petty and trivial incident.
Dont'cha think that would be cutting off your nose to spite your face...?

Dont'cha think that would be cutting off your nose to spite your face...?

Not at all. The NFL is a great product, and survived before the salary cap, and can survive after one. Mr. Kraft owns a large market team with a great brand, and will be well positioned to dominate the new league, whatever the financial structure. The Players Association wants this, as do Dallas and Washington.

Last edited:
I don't think my "foolishness" compares to your own, openly rooting for a severe punishment for a coach because you dislike his press conferences and fuzzy injury reports. The current CBA is a nice business model, but it isn't the only one. Kraft would prosper in any model now that his brand has been developed sufficiently.
I think that's a bit homeristic... The Patriots are not larger than the League... Instituting a new CBA that hurts the League will, in the long run, hurt the Patriots.

My personal belief is that the salary cap is an integral part of what makes the NFL great. I also believe that Kraft will continue to work with the Commission and the union to keep it in place in the next CBA. Could Kraft make money in any environement he chooses? Probably. So, yes I think that he could make money in an NFL without a salary cap. I personally doubt that he would for long. The business risk is too great. Look at the profitability of teams in other sports and the profitability of teams in the NFL. Owning a team in the NFL is a solid business investment and enterprise. Owing a team in the other professional sports leagues is a hobby, one which often loses money. Kraft could choose to have an expensive hobby in owning an NFL team. I just don't see it.

My personal belief is that the salary cap is an integral part of what makes the NFL great. I also believe that Kraft will continue to work with the Commission and the union to keep it in place in the next CBA. Could Kraft make money in any environement he chooses? Probably. So, yes I think that he could make money in an NFL without a salary cap. I personally doubt that he would for long. The business risk is too great. Look at the profitability of teams in other sports and the profitability of teams in the NFL. Owning a team in the NFL is a solid business investment and enterprise. Owing a team in the other professional sports leagues is a hobby, one which often loses money. Kraft could choose to have an expensive hobby in owning an NFL team. I just don't see it.

The NFL flourished prior to the salary cap. It will flourish after one.

This is such a ignorant thread, because your coach is being investigated you want to blow up the salary cap and ruin parity in the NFL because of some "lesser team" crap your spewing about small market teams. How about you accept what happened and stop trying to make other teams suffer for your coaches mistake and some ignorance you ahve about small market teams

Not at all. The NFL is a great product, and survived before the salary cap, and can survive after one.
Well, the league survived (and thrived) because the big market teams did not do the types of things you are suggesting. I agree that the NFL is a great product... and that's because, historically, the large market teams have worked with the small market teams and not against them.
Mr. Kraft owns a large market team with a great brand, and will be well positioned to dominate the new league, whatever the financial structure. The Players Association wants this, as do Dallas and Washington.
So you want Bob Kraft to behave like Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder. That idea doesn't turn your stomach just a bit..?

I think that's a bit homeristic... The Patriots are not larger than the League... Instituting a new CBA that hurts the League will, in the long run, hurt the Patriots.

Baseball is a $6 billion industry with nothing approaching the NFL's salary cap. The NFL would find a way to survive. While I'm not sure completely scrapping the CBA really has anything much to do with the issue at hand, the notion that scrapping it would devastate the league is silly.

This is such a ignorant thread, because your coach is being investigated you want to blow up the salary cap and ruin parity in the NFL because of some "lesser team" crap your spewing about small market teams. How about you accept what happened and stop trying to make other teams suffer for your coaches mistake and some ignorance you ahve about small market teams

Nothing ignorant at all about it. Our organization is being unjustly tarnished by a conspiracy of dunces, bitter over being beaten like rented mules. If the Commissioner allows this to continue, I see no reason why Kraft should continue to subsidize these wretches from his own wallet. Pull the plug, and go back to pre-1994 structure. Of course, your team would likely go under, but I could accept that kind of casualty for the greater good.

Last edited:
Well, the league survived (and thrived) because the big market teams did not do the types of things you are suggesting. I agree that the NFL is a great product... and that's because, historically, the large market teams have worked with the small market teams and not against them.
So you want Bob Kraft to behave like Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder. That idea doesn't turn your stomach just a bit..?

IF the commissioner does not put a stop to this- IF- then I wouldn't mind Mr. Kraft acting like JJones and DSnyder FINANCIALLY, not personally.

Baseball is a $6 billion industry with nothing approaching the NFL's salary cap. The NFL would find a way to survive. While I'm not sure completely scrapping the CBA really has anything much to do with the issue at hand, the notion that scrapping it would devastate the league is silly.
I didn't say it would devastate the league. Please don't put words in my mouth. What I said was eliminating the cap will ultimately, in the long run, hurt the league and that will in turn hurt the Patriots.

Honestly, some people in here are acting like spoiled rotten children threatening a temper tantrum if they don't get their way. Thankfully Bob Kraft will not behave in such a manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down