PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Goodell had a pair...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That all BS. 52-7 is running up the score. Most Patriots fans couldn't even make up their minds on how to justify it and some still can't. It's poor sportsmanship and it's not coming from a player, it's coming from a Head Coach. If it's such the "normal" thing to do, then why is it such a big deal nationwide? I know, jealously right? That's BS too. My team is way more accomplished than the Patriots. If they were winning games and just running out the clock (in a show of good sportsmanship) I would have nothing to say.., few would. But, don't take my word for it. Someone is undoubtedly going to hurt Brady. It very well may not be intentional. Call it extra motivation, but it will certainly be unnecessary if it occurs while they're going for it on 4th down late in the 4th while up by a bunch (A.K.A trying to run up the score).

Yup, 3 decades ago...it kinda looses its shine after a while. But it's still cool.;)

P.S. Your coach disagrees with you! For what its worth....

Last edited:
Gents,

The real issue here is the Pittspuke troll is scared. He's seen what we've done to every team that's faced us this year and he knows, down in the deepest recesses of his heart and soul, they're going to get owned like a little school girl come Dec 9th.

He's here to make himself feel better, sort of a self prescribed psychological treatment to sooth his soon to be wounded ego.

Let me break this down for the troll so that he can understand...

Youza be tryin 2 makez you teem looK beter dan de r so whin de lozes da game... oh hell I can't keep talking "Pittsburgh fan"... I won't be able to stop.

Schools starting in a few weeks son and you've got front row seats at the:

Birdsey_University_of_Belic_thumb.jpg

Where you'll learn the fine art of taking an ass whooping and liking it.

But if all else fails, I've got a Harley Big Ben might be interested in buying.

When you continue to (run up the) score in those situations, do you expect the league to embrace you??? The NFL players on the other side? The fans? On the contrary, you can expect the whole world to resent you. SOme folks will then go "head hunting." Sad, but true.
Not sure I follow the logic. Scoring an extra TD is not okay, but ruining a player's career is? Must be Steeler logic. You did try your best in 2001 AFCCG, I'll give you that.

The game is over when the final whistle blows. What is so sportsman-like for someone to say, "We are going to continue to play defense, but we want you to stop playing offense."

I don't get it.

The World is already tired of the Patriots. They are tired of our dominance. THeir hatred is real but illogical.

Their hatred and the vitriol from people like you is what the Patriots use to win. That's what all these morons don't realize. Even with all the hatred, the Pats lost focus and let down a couple times. Early Bills, early Cowboys, late Dolphins games the team just lost its focus. Easy to do when you are that good. But that's how games are lost, losing focus.

The Pats are set to go 19-0. They may not make it, but if they do, it will be the haters that make it possible.

Thanks.

First we were dirty cheaters who won everything because of our stealing the other teams signals. Now we dominate the league in a way neverbefore seen, and everyone else whines that we're running up the score. Well, maybe if the NFL (fans, players, coaches and teams) and the media didn't go on a freakin head hunt, over something that was a minor infracture of the rules, as all teams try and get the others signal, Belichick just made abad move and put our camera on the field, instead of in a box or wherever. Maybe then the Pats wouldn't have this chip on their shoulder, and BB wouldn't run up the score and give the FU touchdown to every team we face.

Last edited:
:bricks:
No. I'd be shocked, as I'm sure the Skins were. But hey, I know the Steelers aren't going to lay down and know this: As it's always been, win or lose, the Patriots will know they were in a football game when it's over.

I actually have a few...apprehensions about winning it, because we may see you again in the playoffs and it's tough enough beating a mediocre team twice in one season.., much less a good one.

Can you tell the Steelers to bring some extra terrible towels to the Razor when they play the Pats because they will need to wipe themselves up after getting s**t on by Brady and company.

Last edited:
He would just state that anyone we find that goes after Brady is gone from the NFL for LIFE.

That would put an end to the whole thing.

Then baseball could grow a pair and say that they are testing EVERYONE each week. None of this loophole crap. That would end the steroid scandall.

I think if any player intentially tries to injure another player no matter who it is, they should be suspended. This game is violent enough without players intentially trying to injure other players.

I thought we were playing the Colts next week? Why are Steelers' trolls getting in here early?

The squeelers want very much to be mentioned in the same breath as good teams, but they are only a second tear team. It's ok lil squeeler, your time will come. Just be patient. Try not to get whooped by the cards in the mean time. Ok??

Jeez...those are some crappy looking rings. Loook like they came out of a CrackerJack box.

Since you're so into "justifying scoring" why don't you take the time and justify September 8, 1985. Indy at Pitt. Pitt up 38-3 in the 4th. Malone throws a 16 yard TD to Lipps. Hypocrite.

http://nflhistory.net/linescores/pdf/1985.pdf

I didn't see the game. Just by looking at it I'd say it was running up the score. These instances are few and far between for all other teams except the 2007 Patriots.

You assumed I was a hypocrite. I'll let you break down "assume" and figure what part pertains to you. :)

Why don't you just save us all the trouble and admit you're scared of us?

What I don't get about the whole "running up the score" argument is that it's based on the fact the other team can't win so you should just stop playing. Well if the skins couldn't win why were they scoring with only 3 minutes left? Shouldn't they have just given up and not deprived the Pats their ultimate victory? Why did they run up the score when they couldn't win? :mad:

Yup, 3 decades ago...it kinda looses its shine after a while. But it's still cool.;)

P.S. Your coach disagrees with you! For what its worth....

...as far as you know. And what's it matter? I have a mind of my own and the ability to think for myself. Some Patriots fans just follow B.B. blindly and echo what he says. The less simple minded one's seem to be concerned however. Those are the only one's who have my respect.

Well after the NFL gift wrapped Stuper Bowl Xtra Lame for them they thought they'd be gifted a repeat the next year. But, we've seen since then what they are actually able to achieve or not. So of course they're envious.

Gents,

The real issue here is the Pittspuke troll is scared. He's seen what we've done to every team that's faced us this year and he knows, down in the deepest recesses of his heart and soul, they're going to get owned like a little school girl come Dec 9th.

He's here to make himself feel better, sort of a self prescribed psychological treatment to sooth his soon to be wounded ego.

Let me break this down for the troll so that he can understand...

Youza be tryin 2 makez you teem looK beter dan de r so whin de lozes da game... oh hell I can't keep talking "Pittsburgh fan"... I won't be able to stop.

Schools starting in a few weeks son and you've got front row seats at the:

Birdsey_University_of_Belic_thumb.jpg

Where you'll learn the fine art of taking an ass whooping and liking it.

But if all else fails, I've got a Harley Big Ben might be interested in buying.

That's cute. Normally I wouldn't respond to this sort of apparently simple minded vomit but I'm curious.., how many times did you have to look at your 54 jersey to ensure spelled Tedy's name right?

Think about that. Why would I be scared of my team losing a FB game? What exactly am I supposed to be afraid of?
My thoughts on this are in another post. Find it yourself if you want that question answered.

Last edited:
Well after the NFL gift wrapped Stuper Bowl Xtra Lame for them they thought they'd be gifted a repeat the next year. But, we've seen since then what they are actually to achieve or not. So of course they're envious.

Oh? No one ever heard of the "Tuck" rule until 2001. However, chucking a WR outside 5 yards has been a rule a long time. Turns out that the refs weren't enforcing it properly. After the AFCCG farce in N.E. (that'd be when the Colts got screwed....2003?) and the Patriots were given a trip to the SB, the league met with the officialsto ensure therules were enforced as they should.

I always found it curious.., the patriots won 3 SB's eachby a late FG. Impressive. Makes you curious until you find out about "spygate."

Oh? No one ever heard of the "Tuck" rule until 2001. However, chucking a WR outside 5 yards has been a rule a long time. Turns out that the refs weren't enforcing it properly. After the AFCCG farce in N.E. (that'd be when the Colts got screwed....2003?) and the Patriots were given a trip to the SB, the league met with the officialsto ensure therules were enforced as they should.

I always found it curious.., the patriots won 3 SB's eachby a late FG. Impressive. Makes you curious until you find out about "spygate."

At least the tuck rule was a rule. And was enforced correctly. Unlike in an AFCC game where the Steelers grabbed a 10-7 lead thanks to a late 5 yard TD pass from Neil O'Donnell to Kordell Stewart. The replay showed that Stewart had stepped out of bounds in the back of the endzone, and then had come back in to make the catch. That was not caught or called correctly. And say all you want about winning by 3 points. At least they won with out the help of, as Mike Holgrem put it, the guys in the striped shirts.

I thought the Steelers were supposed to be a team of in-your-face, smash mouth football players who played till the whistle blew?

Now here you are (a fan) complaining about our team "running up the score" when in fact they're doing nothing but playing the game.

These are paid professionals doing what their salaries demand of them.

I don't know the intricate workings of Belichick's thinking. Are they scoring as much as they can to put it in the face of those who've slandered them? Are they doing it to keep the team motivation and momentum going? Are they doing it to set new records and to truly show the world this is in fact the best assembled team to have ever played the game? Is it a combination of these? Or, are they simply playing 60 minutes of football?

I'm tired of it.

A loss is a loss. This isn't college. It really doesn't matter one iota if you lose by 1 point or 60 points. I spent some time at the Skins site before and after the game. They whined about the loss, but most of them just chalked it up as another loss and began talking this week's game against the Jets.

I honestly cannot believe we've gotten so complete and utterly screwed up (as a country) that we're actually crying and whining about a sports team that scores "too much." How completely ******ed is this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back