PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Dorsey Fell Into Our lap ... Would You ... and Trade Seymour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Pats traded Seymour, they would have a 6 million dollar salary cap

hit in both 2008 and 2009.

Not unless they changed the rules regarding trades in the last CBA. Previously, it all hit at once.

Not unless they changed the rules regarding trades in the last CBA. Previously, it all hit at once.

Right. Trades aren't processed the same way cuts are.

I think Dorsey is going to be a great player in this league. That would be the freshest defensive line in the NFL having 5 lineman of that calibur. Seymour,Wilfork,Warren,Green and Dorsey. They would be bringing extreme pressure late into the 2nd half by being subbed out all game. However DT is not a need and Seymour's contract is about untradeable imo. I could see us selecting him anyway and trading Dorsey to a suitor for their draft pick and a player. Say, Huff from the Raiders and their 2nd round pick.

If Dorsey ends up in our lap we will draft him. MY guess is that BB has talked with Vince about an extension this week. If he didnt want one with the possibility of the upcoming capless years....bye bye Vince. He is still on his rookie contract,easy to trade. Now we wont get anything HUGE for him, it would be like renting a player for a year and no one will give up a hi 1 for him, but it might be alot like a 2 for 1, getting Dorsey and another guy(say a cb)signed long term instead of a lesser valued player and having to pay Vince HUGE $$ next year. DONT TRADE SEYMOUR, both Ellis and Dorsey can play the nose.

Dorsey isnt a 3-4 nosetackle. Why cant anyone understand this.

I think Dorsey is going to be a great player in this league. That would be the freshest defensive line in the NFL having 5 lineman of that calibur. Seymour,Wilfork,Warren,Green and Dorsey. They would be bringing extreme pressure late into the 2nd half by being subbed out all game. However DT is not a need and Seymour's contract is about untradeable imo. I could see us selecting him anyway and trading Dorsey to a suitor for their draft pick and a player. Say, Huff from the Raiders and their 2nd round pick.

Why would the Raiders do this? If they liked Dorsey they would have selected him with their 1st round pick which is ahead of ours.

Why are we giving up our #7 overall pick for a safety again? Unless Huff is the next coming of Rod Woodson, this makes no sense from our end either.

I'm confused......

When healthy, Seymour is as good a defensive lineman as there is in the league. Now, granted he's had injury problems the past 2 years, but so has Dorsey. So, why trade a pro bowl player with years of his prime still left for a guy who doesn't project to be a 3-4 DL? That's essentially what your idea comes down to.

Bingo - when healthy, the guy is the best in the business.

He should be 100% going into '08. He is signed through '09 and I think he counts for only about 7MM on the cap this year.

Why on earth would they trade him and try to get production out of a rookie??

I am so glad we have guys with brains running our organization.

I am so glad we have guys with brains running our organization.

Some of the posts before we resigned Moss were thinking otherwise.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing