PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Commish asks Pats to play overseas, what should Kraft do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombonneau

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Needless to say after Spygate the Commish & Kraft aren't on each other's holiday card lists.

But General Zod is very eager to spread the NFL gospel overseas; and let's face it, Giants vs. an 0-7 team isn't gonna get it done.

I'm sure the Commish is going to ask NE and/or Dallas -- two of the biggest draws in the NFL -- to play an international game in the near future.

Given the harsh penalty the Pats got slapped down with for the camera incident -- despite not even incurring a minor fine for violations in 2006 -- what do you think Kraft would say if asked?

I'm hoping he would say Thanks, but No Thanks. Not only is it a logistical handicap for any NFL team to have to play an international game, but I think it would be a nice not-so-subtle FU to the Commish. Though I don't think Kraft is that petty. (Probably why he's such a successful businessman. ;))

Thoughts?

Tell him they'll do it for a first and a third.

let colts go. maybe next time thanks

Jusr remember that Mr. Kraft has a myriad of international business interests outside of the Pats, particularly in Asia. He has a lot to gain from bringing his team to a foreign city and hosting his business associates.

Needless to say after Spygate the Commish & Kraft aren't on each other's holiday card lists.

But General Zod is very eager to spread the NFL gospel overseas; and let's face it, Giants vs. an 0-7 team isn't gonna get it done.

I'm sure the Commish is going to ask NE and/or Dallas -- two of the biggest draws in the NFL -- to play an international game in the near future.

Given the harsh penalty the Pats got slapped down with for the camera incident -- despite not even incurring a minor fine for violations in 2006 -- what do you think Kraft would say if asked?

I'm hoping he would say Thanks, but No Thanks. Not only is it a logistical handicap for any NFL team to have to play an international game, but I think it would be a nice not-so-subtle FU to the Commish. Though I don't think Kraft is that petty. (Probably why he's such a successful businessman. ;))

Thoughts?
Didn't I hear or read something on here a few weeks ago about Canada?? Edmonton NEXT year??

Yea, I'd ask for my first rounder back, then give us another 1st rounder. Otherwise, "Go **** Yourself" will do.

If this overseas thing catches on, the Pats will have no choice but

to play overseas when their turn comes up. With regard to playing any

Superbowl overseas, it would be a low blow to American football fans.

Tell Goodell to take the idea a shove it where the sun don't shine. Where most of ideas come from. He's a total moron when it comes to marketing. Why not take the entire NFL to Europe where it will be totally ignored? "How to take what Pete Rozelle built and run it right down the crapper in 5 easy lessons", by Roger Goodell and written by Michael Holley.

How about they send The Face Of The NFL, instead?

to play overseas when their turn comes up. With regard to playing any

Superbowl overseas, it would be a low blow to American football fans.

Right, if it catches on and teams start rotating, it will be mandatory. But my instincts say we are a loooooooong way off from that.

Goodell will first need to prove his international business model out with a couple of prototype games, and given the desire of NE to go to China for the pre-season game, the Pats are a top choice of the NFL in this early testing phase.

Right, if it catches on and teams start rotating, it will be mandatory.

Not necessarily. Dallas and Detroit have to play every Thanksgiving.

I think on one patriots today kraft said he was very disappointed that the china trip is cancelled.
THey went out to make chinese gear and alot of money on ads .He wants to do what he has done go bigger and bigger.

So is the Edmonton trip on??? Taking away a home game???
A LOT will depend on teh Miami/NYG game...and what reaction the players have from it...physically esp..

With 4 west coast trips next year, no way should the Pats go abroad in 2008. While all these games outside of the US are completely absurd (there are only 8 home games per year, not 41 like the NBA or 81 like baseball--taking one away is a slap in the face of your fans), the fact is that it seems like they're going to keep happening so it's something that everyone is going to have to deal with.

I think overseas games are a waste of time.

He's also considering playing the Super Bowl overseas. That would be a huge mistake.

Up your Europe.

Why would they want to send the face of Evil in the NFL to do international outreach?

to play overseas when their turn comes up.
Yeah, but the question was if he was asked to. And my vote is for Kraft to say, "Not just no, but HELL NO!"

Edit: If the game in Europe replaced a Jets home game, then I'd do it, but only to screw the Jets out of a home game.

Last edited:
I think we should say we wouldnt want to misrepresent the NFL. How could they even think about sending us lawless, evil Patriots? Wouldnt that be bad for buisness?

If we do have to go we should run up the score and inccur as many penalties as possible while we are there.

Jusr remember that Mr. Kraft has a myriad of international business interests outside of the Pats, particularly in Asia. He has a lot to gain from bringing his team to a foreign city and hosting his business associates.

Yeah. I'm not in favor of doing Goodell any favors but Kraft would see this as a big opportunity and would jump at it. I just wish he'd consult the coaching staff and the players. If they want to play for a home game for the people that actually buy the tickets that pay their salaries, he should listen to them.

Also, remember that the Patriots were almost going to play a meaningless preseason game in CHINA. If Kraft was willing to go to those lengths in the preseason, a regular season game in England wouldn't be out of the question.

Why would they want to send the face of Evil in the NFL to do international outreach?

Because one of the faces of good is the worst team in the league.

A LOT will depend on teh Miami/NYG game...and what reaction the players have from it...physically esp..

Yeah I'm sure if the players are annoyed and it ends up making the NFL money that Goodell will reconsider.

I'm not in favor of it, but this is where the league is headed, and if the owner wants to go along with it, it is going to happen. Just make sure it is a road game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes