PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Christian McCaffrey isn't a future Patriot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

English Patriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Then I'm not quite sure what anybody in college actually classes as one. He literally looks like the perfect Patriot and with actual pre draft talent and not someone that has to be 'unearthed as an overlooked gem'.

I cannot see one thing he does that the Patriots have not been doing on offense for a quite a while now. I hear he is not eligible this year but if he's not top of the Pats draft board in 2017 then it would be a crying shame. This is the back we've all wanted for a long, long time now.

The interesting thing is that with hogan and four o linemen graduating this year, mccaffrey's number should not be great next year. We could bag him at 32 in the 2017 draft, if he comes out.

He can be top of the Pats draft board, but how will it matter? Only way we get him is if we tank the season.

Probably not within our range.

well he HAS to end up here, right? like.. there's gotta be some sort of rule for these types of players. that's just how it works.

We're never getting a top 5 pick that might net him

Even if he gets hurt, he will be top 1o. Just like Gurley.

Kinda pointless to speculate about how realistic a pick is more than a year ahead. At that point Louis Nix was considered to be one of the top picks of 2014.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
If the Broncos pick ahead of the Pats, I doubt he'll be available. Great player and his Dad was really the only Bronco I actually liked.

I hear ya bud. He's great and seems like he should be destined to don the flying Elvis. But, as others have said, he is probably far outside of range for NE.

English Pat, I appreciate your enthusiasm for this player, however, you have got to see from the swarm of data that there really isn't enough to indicate he is a sure fit for the Patriots or even a likely NFL semi star/star player. But I'd note I like the guy. He looks like that kind of player who you put on the field somehow/someway and he'll be productive. It would be great to get him on the Patriots. But I'm just about always of the mind that let other teams lock onto their hopes and dreams for specific college players. Let the Patriots pick their pockets for their over desire for individual players, then we scoop up best available players. IMHO that's more conducive to on going success....

The thing that makes him not a perfect fit for the Patriots is that he's already TOO FAMOUS.

Belichick will end up drafting his functional twin who no one has ever heard of, playing for a 2-win Div III team in Montana or Mississippi, at the end of the 7th round.

Love that McCaffrey kid, reception for a TD, Punt return for a TD, well over 300 all purpose yards in a bowl game. What a great pickup he would be for the Pats.

Stanford -6 today was free money

you guys sure he'll be a 1st rounder?? maybe we can snatch him in the second round

seriously looks like the perfect patriot!:D all white skill players!
stephen a and bomani will hate that!

McCaffrey - the guy who I've been saying for 3 months should be the Heisman but instead they gave it to another SEC guy - will be drafted at least 25 spots ahead of where the Patriots pick.

Don't need him. We got the future GOAT in Dion Lewis. Just give him some titanium wire knee ligaments and we're all set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back