PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Carolina continues to stink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerRunRevival

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Does anyone think that Carolina would start selling off pieces if they realized before the trading deadline that they aren't going to compete for a few years?

Do you think Jonathan Stewart (I assume they'd trade him before Williams) is worth a 1st? how about a 2nd?

Would it even be worth it since the team seems to prefer running plays out of the shotgun?

Just a passing thought.

Most Carolina fans (Im in SC) see Carolina only being a QB away from being a contender.

Most Carolina fans (Im in SC) see Carolina only being a QB away from being a contender.

I don't think Matt Moore is that bad!

I still think Carolina will be close to 8-8!

Why is Carolina being singled out? There are tons of teams you could wonder the same thing about. Trades mid-season almost never happen, especially for young stars. My inside sources tell me the Patriots will bring back Junior Seau at running back.

Why is Carolina being singled out? There are tons of teams you could wonder the same thing about. Trades mid-season almost never happen, especially for young stars. My inside sources tell me the Patriots will bring back Junior Seau at running back.

We've got their second I presume.

Stewart? No chance he gets traded.

Maybe DeAngelo Williams gets dealt, if they don't plan on paying him big bucks, but he's going to cost a pretty penny in cash and picks...likely more than the team is willing to invest in the position.

The return of Patrick Pass perhaps???

Does anyone think that Carolina would start selling off pieces if they realized before the trading deadline that they aren't going to compete for a few years?

Do you think Jonathan Stewart (I assume they'd trade him before Williams) is worth a 1st? how about a 2nd?

Would it even be worth it since the team seems to prefer running plays out of the shotgun?

Just a passing thought.

Jonathan Stewart is my Binky. IMO, he would be the ideal #1 back for this offense. Listened to an interview of Jared Allen (last week)... called Stewart the toughest RB to deal with. As far as Carolina is concerned, too many #1s were devoted to RB...has left them thin across the board. I would give back their #2 today for Stewart. Especially with Faulk gone, Stewart can catch it and pound it. As I said, he is my binky

Last edited:
Jonathan Stewart is my Binky. IMO, he would be the ideal #1 back for this offense. Listened to an interview of Jared Allen (last week)... called Stewart the toughest RB to deal with. As far as Carolina is concerned, too many #1s were devoted to RB...has left them thin across the board. I would give back their #2 today for Stewart. Especially with Faulk gone, Stewart can catch it and pound it. As I said, he is my binky

I would say yes to a #2. But, it has to be ours and not thiers.

Hey the Raiders suck too, do you think they will trade Calvin Johnson?:rolleyes:
Patsfans.com is notorious for this lol

Hey the Raiders suck too, do you think they will trade Calvin Johnson?:rolleyes:
Patsfans.com is notorious for this lol

Hey Mr. Sass, Calvin Johnson isn't on the the Raiders now it's my turn to roll my eyes.

I threw it out a while ago if we were ever going to do a play for player trade, mankins for stewart would be a good deal by both teams..

I'm not really for giving up anything major for a RB, unless it's Mankins and we are unable to score an OLB/DE/CB with him.

We could have had Chris Johnson at RB last week and with the way our Oline performed, his d*** would've been kicked in too.

Just a passing thought.

i like what you are saying, however our big problem is the OLine. They do not run block particularly well, so bringing in player X without addressing the OLine run blocking would be a waste IMO. Love Stewart though

I would say yes to a #2. But, it has to be ours and not thiers.

Thought I would use the Corey Dillon trade as a comparison
Dillon:
Traded to Patriots for #56 in the draft.
Age 29 (October birthday)
Weight 225
Previous season: 541 yds
Salary: $3.3 in 2004, scheduled for $3.85 in 2005
Health: 2003 injury issues
Roster status: Emergence of Rudy Johnson affected carries

Summary: Pats traded the 24th pick of the second round for an aging star with attitude issues that was coming off a weak season marred by injuries.

Jonathan Stewart:
Age 23
Weight 235
Under contract thru 2012 with salaries in the $1.2-1.3mill range.
Injury: Achilles issues
Roster status: Shares carries with Deangelo Williams. Not starting

Summary: Younger, cheaper, bigger RB but with health question.

My point here is that the Patriots paid a hefty price for an aging, talented malcontent who was thee missing piece to the SB puzzle.
Stewart is worth more if you only compare age, salary,contractual lockup, size, ability. The value that BB placed on "the missing puzzle piece" can't be known. One thing to consider, the '03 Pats had an extra #2, just like now. Final final point, I've been told by someone with knowledge of the Pats draft, Ryan Matthews was high on their board but SD's huge jump up in the first blew that plan out of the water.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye