Welcome to PatsFans.com

If Bush Were President

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +660 / 2 / -9

Sean Penn, Stewart, Cute Katie, NBC, Mush Mouth Matthews, Murtha, Kerry, Pelosi Gang Of Grinning Scum, all other Bush Hating War Protesters WHERE ARE YOU DIRTY ROTTEN SWINE BASTARD HATERS you filthy f-cking phony scumsucking vermin.
    You are all silent because your flop ears poster boy Stupid Obama is running the show now, right?

The death in southern Afghanistan brought to 40 the number of U.S. troops killed in July, by far the heaviest monthly toll in the 8-year-old war. The worst previous month for U.S. forces was in September 2008, when 26 were killed.
    U.S. troops killed in deadliest month of Afghan war | Reuters
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,039 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Joe the Plumber would be the trade czar.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  3. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +660 / 2 / -9

Sarah palin would the "Whale Blubber Czar"

Stupid Obama loves that "Czar Crap"
    He has a "Teleprompter Czar" but nobody knows who it is.
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +660 / 2 / -9

40 American soldiers die in the war during July not peep from the Bush Hating war protesters.

HEY STUPID OBAMA, STOP THE WAR.
  5. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

For once, HB, I totally agree with you here. Liberals' silence on Afghanistan lately is unforgivable.
  6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I think it's because many "liberals" arent really liberals. They're just democrats
  7. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,267 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

Who ever said the War in Afghanistan was wrong?

Harry, Harry , Harry, you DO realize that Afghanistan and Iraq are two different places, don't you?

Honestly, dude, if you listen only to Glenn Beck, your IQ drops to his level.
  8. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I've said before that I don't really know what the word "liberal" means in that I think it means different things to different people, but I agree with the intention of what you're saying.
  9. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

What are we accomplishing over there, exactly?

Regardless of whether you think this war or that war is the "good war," the point does stand that the "anti-war" democrats have been woefully inadequate on doing anything to actually stop the war.
  10. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

11. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,267 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

"Anti War Democrats"??????? Who are these "anti-war Democrats" of whom you write. Do you realize that the people whom you THINK you are referring to a the anti-IRAQ war Democrats????

Please list the Democrats who were against going after Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. Good luck with that, Wildo - - because there never have been that many, and certainly not in the center of the party, who have decried ever going into Afghanistan. The only ones you'll find are the freakazoids like Bernie Sanders or Ralph Nader.

Honestly, folks, READ!!!!!!!!

There is a DIFFERENCE between Iraq and Afghanistan.

Kindergarten-level Harry originated this thread because he doesn't know the difference and is wallowing in his complete ignorance.
  12. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Not that he or anyone else cares, but I agree with Obama on Afghanistan.
  13. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

1)You didn't answer my question.

2)Ralph Nader and Bernie Sanders are not Democrats, nor are they "freakazoids" (what are you 6?).

3) I never indicated I was talking about elected Democrats, nor did I indicate I was talking about Afghanistan when I criticized them for failing to end the war, last time I checked there was a war still going on in Iraq. I only used the term "Democrat" in place of "liberal" in lieu of PB's post. Nevertheless, many of the same arguments that Dems used against Iraq apply to Afghanistan, and they have done exactly zilch about either.
  14. bbell31

bbell31 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 10 / -3

#11 Jersey

bill clinton needs to come back
  15. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Tens of thousands of Sudanese disagree.
  16. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,267 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

What??????

You can't see the mile-wide difference between the two???

Seriously, God Bless the Internet, but it would do all a world of good if everyone who decided to make foreign policy statements would simply read up a LITTLE on what they were taken about.

No, Wildo7, I assure you the reasons why the U.S. is in Afghanistan is completely different from the reasons why the U.S. went into war with Iraq.

Unfortunately, you fell for the equivalency argument that Bush-Cheney counted on the American people to accept. They cynically calculated (and were right) that the American people could be snowed into thinking Iraq was just as vital a war to be made as going after Al Qaeda in Afghanistan.

You and Harry evidently believe that equivalency.
  17. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,267 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

Evidently you are replying to something other than the thread originator's point which is about our involvement in Afghanistan.
  18. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I don't think I'm the one who has to read up about Afghanistan, Shmessy. The place is a quagmire that will never end and there is zero reason for us to be there. The latest hilarious propaganda about the Taliban "threat" to Pakistan is evidence of that fact.

Your straw man about me believing the stated reasons for invading both countries is pretty lame considering the fact that I don't buy the argument for either war instead of accepting the argument for both.

The stated reasons were the same, and despite the fact that you believe Afghanistan to be the "good war," the arguments against war in Iraq also apply to Afghanistan. The fact that you accept one and not the other and I accept neither has nothing to do with me "falling for the equivalency argument that Bush-Cheney counted on the American people to accept." Given my post history and stated positions it's an act of either supreme stupidity or complete arrogance to think you could pull off such an absurd claim.

I don't recall you trying to be such a condescending ass before but I'm happy to school you on Afghanistan if you wish. ;)

P.S. You still haven't answered my question (Honestly, folks, READ!!!!)
  19. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Wrong again, I was talking about both Iraq and Afghanistan and "liberals," you are the one who is trying to straw man my argument:

Let me make this clear for you lest you rush to make another absurd post:

Anti-war "liberals" have been almost entirely silent since Obama was elected despite the fact that virtually nothing has changed in either war. That's disappointing.

It's a Vietnam redux.
  20. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,039 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

the war today is as much a waste of time as it was before. Same as it was for Russia ... a useless war that cannot possibly be won. There is no economy and there never will be unless someone can run multiple pipelines through it and the citizens reap the meager profits. Without an economy democracy is ueless and virtually impossible.

We are far better off letting the Taliban rule that country and finding a way to coexist with them. Would the Taliban ever be as dangerous as Iran or North Korea ... hardly. North Korea is dangerous because of China and Iran is dangerous thanks to Russia. Nobody needs Afghanistan ... especially with peak oil being what it is.

Let the Taliban rule the country ... use Predators to burn up the poppy fields to keep their heroin money supply low ... two things way better than our men getting killed for no reason over there. A real waste of human life, Obama should hang his head in shame trying to win an unwinnable war.