PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Brady was QB of this 49'ers team....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove the QB position from the equation....
You could play "remove the QB" from any team's history and change it radically, but what is the point? If you remove Tom then is it our chess move to replace him with Aaron Rodgers?

Is this a fantasy related theme? Sounds like it.

How far are the 49ers under the salary cap? They would need to cut or reduce salary to replace Alex Smith's salary with Brady's.

For my team, give me the patriots offense and 49ers defense, and the patriots head coach :D

You guys must really love those Superman vs Batman fantasy scenarios

Goodbye thread

Last edited:
It absolutely dumbfounds me why Manning signed with Denver instead of SF.

SF is a better place to live, and had a better team.

I thought at the time that if Manning signed with them, SF would've been the team to beat. Seeing the season manning has had, I'm pretty sure of it, and it could've led to an epic Manning vs Brady superbowl.

But I'm also glad he didnt cause I'd rather deal with SF and Denver as they are now

Because there was no competition in the AFC West and he knew it.

If Brady were on the Chiefs, they'd be leading the AFC West instead of the Broncos, even with Manning.

They would've won the SB last year and this year. Same thing if Brady was on the Ravens and Giants.

They would've won the SB last year and this year. Same thing if Brady was on the Ravens and Giants.

there's probably 10 teams that would be superbowl contender who aren't already if they had brady

At best - the Niners would have 26 straight seasons of 10+ wins (with more SB's) - worst - a streak of 16 seasons with 10+ wins followed with an ongoing streak of 10 seasons with 10+ wins. They would BY FAR be the most successful franchise of all-time.

I disagree

O Line is basically a wash...we have three elite blockers on it. Come on.

Gore is better than Ridley? No way...would the Pats trade Ridley straight up for Gore? NEVER. I'd argue that Bolden/Woody/Vereen are better than Hunter/James. Their pass catchers are at best 70% of NE's pass catchers if Gronk is healthy. As you state they don't have Welker or Gronk but they also don't have Hernandez.

I respect the Niners but this is silly.

I don't want to dish any Patriot player but you are going way overboard there. Brady would make those receivers looks a hell of a lot better than they do right now. Crabtree and Davis would be studs I think, and then you have two burners in Manningham and Moss. I think they match up very well against our guys with the exception of Welker.
Gore right now is better than Ridley but he is a lot older and Ridley wins a battle of potential and long term value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back