PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Brady had thrown 6 TDs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
over-your-head.jpg

guess I need to get a new sarcasm meter;)

eh.....i dont care what the sprots media says, i dont pay attention to it

OK, I just saw that helmet to helmet, i guarantee you there is no fine because no Patriots involved. That was pure intent to hurt Boldin. Total BS.

Last edited:
OK, I just saw that helmet to helmet, i guarantee you there is no fine because no Patriots involved. That was pure intent to hurt Boldin. Total BS.

I wouldnt go that far I just think its Eric Smith being an idiot and reckless. He deserves a fine. For his lackluster play I hope he gets suspended.

I wouldnt go that far I just think its Eric Smith being an idiot and reckless. He deserves a fine. For his lackluster play I hope he gets suspended.

Looked like something Bob Sanders would do.

people can get on brady all they want. all i know is that my college coach always told us players never to worry about the score, just run the plays the coaches call. anyone who got on brady is an absolute idiot.

Last year when we scored 56 points, all you heard was criticism of running up the score. But when Brett Favre does it, he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I will bet my last dollar that you will not hear one negative word against Favre.

Going for 2 with a 19 point lead and less than 2 mintues remaining.,, is considered class, unless its the Pats doing it:mad:.

WTF
difference is, cards scored 35 points in the 2nd half and showed the ability to recover an onsides kick

in my opinion, the 48-35 lead still wasn't safe

Last year when we scored 56 points, all you heard was criticism of running up the score. But when Brett Favre does it, he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I will bet my last dollar that you will not hear one negative word against Favre.

There is a huge difference between having a blowout win when people are debating whether you are the best team ever, and having a blowout win when you are 1-2 and many people are so disappointed with you they have already written off your season.

It's the repetitive pounding of opponents which causes the criticism, a single blowout (to break a losing streak no less) is applauded as a superior effort and game plan. Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
since when do we cry like the rest of the league?

just let it go

I agree.

I enjoyed that Eckel TD against Dallas. If the rest of the league complained, I didn't care.

Now I guess NY fans had some fun with that 2PT conversion. Good for them.

Which led to Gregg Leasterbrook talking about the Pats "frantically" trying to run up the score.

Maybe I'm missing something, but handing off to Eckel didn't really seem "frantic." :confused:

My favorite part of that rant was that "the writer in question" conveniently left out Dallas calling a time out after NE ran the ball on 1st down. They don't do that and the Patriots could have let the clock run out.

The arguments for the Jets throwing a 24 yd TD pass on 4th down with a 13 point lead and 2 minutes to go are reasonable. A 21 point lead in that situation pretty much locks up a win. It was worth the risk and was a sound football decision.

However, the folks who point out the double standard among other fans and the media are also right. Last season, people didn't wait for a pattern to be established before complaining. The hand wringing began after the Dallas game and only got louder as the season went on. Why extend that courtesy to Favre and the Jest?

The funniest part is, the Eckel run came after Dallas called timeouts to prolong the game. So the Cowboys didn't want to stop playing, but the Patriots should?

It us against the rest of the world..

Going for 2 with a 19 point lead and less than 2 mintues remaining.,, is considered class, unless its the Pats doing it:mad:.

WTF

Do you notice a difference between this:

Scoring Summary
1st Quarter
none
2nd Quarter
TD Laveranues Coles, 12 yd pass from Brett Favre (Jay Feely kick is good), 14:44. Drive: 10 plays, 49 yards in 5:18
TD Darrelle Revis, 32 yd interception return (Jay Feely kick is good), 13:25.
TD Laveranues Coles, 34 yd pass from Brett Favre (Jay Feely kick is good), 7:17. Drive: 4 plays, 83 yards in 2:27
FG Jay Feely, 20 yd field goal , 3:32. Drive: 8 plays, 17 yards in 3:28
TD Laveranues Coles, 2 yd pass from Brett Favre (Jay Feely kick is good), 0:10. Drive: 7 plays, 40 yards in 1:50
FG Jay Feely, 30 yd field goal , 0:00.
3rd Quarter
TD Edgerrin James, 4 yd run (Neil Rackers kick is good), 12:39. Drive: 6 plays, 79 yards in 2:21
TD Edgerrin James, 2 yd run (Edgerrin James run), 5:41. Drive: 13 plays, 76 yards in 5:06
TD Tim Hightower, 1 yd run pass failed, 2:50. Drive: 7 plays, 54 yards in 2:51
4th Quarter
TD Jerricho Cotchery, 17 yd pass from Brett Favre (Jay Feely kick is good), 11:50. Drive: 12 plays, 80 yards in 6:00
TD Anquan Boldin, 8 yd pass from Kurt Warner (Neil Rackers kick is good), 9:49. Drive: 6 plays, 62 yards in 2:01
TD Jerricho Cotchery, 40 yd pass from Brett Favre (Jay Feely kick is good), 7:26. Drive: 4 plays, 49 yards in 2:23
TD Jerheme Urban, 14 yd pass from Kurt Warner (Neil Rackers kick is good), 4:49. Drive: 6 plays, 66 yards in 2:37
TD Dustin Keller, 24 yd pass from Brett Favre (Leon Washington run), 1:54. Drive: 4 plays, 29 yards in 1:04

and this?

TD Tom Brady, 3 yd run (Stephen Gostkowski kick is good), 3:44. Drive: 14 plays, 90 yards in 7:16
2nd Quarter
TD Mike Vrabel, 2 yd pass from Tom Brady (Stephen Gostkowski kick is good), 8:08. Drive: 9 plays, 67 yards in 5:09
FG Stephen Gostkowski, 36 yd field goal , 5:45. Drive: 4 plays, 3 yards in 0:57
TD Randy Moss, 6 yd pass from Tom Brady (Stephen Gostkowski kick is good), 0:17. Drive: 8 plays, 73 yards in 1:32
3rd Quarter
TD Tom Brady, 2 yd run (Stephen Gostkowski kick is good), 7:14. Drive: 13 plays, 85 yards in 7:46
TD Rosevelt Colvin, 11 yd fumble (Stephen Gostkowski kick is good), 5:47.
4th Quarter
TD Wes Welker, 2 yd pass from Tom Brady (Stephen Gostkowski kick is good), 9:06. Drive: 14 plays, 88 yards in 7:56
TD Matt Cassel, 15 yd run (Stephen Gostkowski kick is good), 5:53. Drive: 6 plays, 45 yards in 2:37
TD Chris Cooley, 15 yd pass from Jason Campbell (Shaun Suisham kick is good), 3:00. Drive: 8 plays, 63 yards in 2:53

or this:

TD Laurence Maroney, 6 yd run (Stephen Gostkowski kick is good), 12:17. Drive: 2 plays, 13 yards in 0:34
TD Randy Moss, 43 yd pass from Tom Brady (Stephen Gostkowski kick is good), 8:04. Drive: 6 plays, 63 yards in 2:18
TD Roscoe Parrish, 47 yd pass from J.P. Losman (Rian Lindell kick is good), 3:38. Drive: 8 plays, 82 yards in 4:26
2nd Quarter
TD Randy Moss, 16 yd pass from Tom Brady (Stephen Gostkowski kick is good), 14:53. Drive: 8 plays, 72 yards in 3:45
TD Randy Moss, 6 yd pass from Tom Brady (Stephen Gostkowski kick is good), 6:33. Drive: 10 plays, 84 yards in 6:12
TD Randy Moss, 17 yd pass from Tom Brady (Stephen Gostkowski kick is good), 0:10. Drive: 12 plays, 72 yards in 2:39
3rd Quarter
TD Benjamin Watson, 3 yd pass from Tom Brady (Stephen Gostkowski kick is good), 8:49. Drive: 12 plays, 73 yards in 6:11
FG Rian Lindell, 52 yd field goal , 6:02. Drive: 7 plays, 18 yards in 2:47
4th Quarter
TD Kyle Eckel, 1 yd run (Stephen Gostkowski kick is good), 14:55. Drive: 10 plays, 75 yards in 6:07
TD Ellis Hobbs, 35 yd fumble (Stephen Gostkowski kick is good), 13:59.

Last edited:
Difference is the Jets actually needed those TD's to fight off the Cards. As for the 2 point conversion my stance is you dont want to run it up but you have to it go for two to make it a 21 point game

translation-

the Jets' defense sucks so bad no lead is safe, as evidenced by them nearly gakking up a 34 point lead.

translation-

the Jets' defense sucks so bad no lead is safe, as evidenced by them nearly gakking up a 34 point lead.

The Bills or Redskins never had a realistic shot of a come back versus the Pats last year.

Difference is the Jets actually needed those TD's to fight off the Cards. As for the 2 point conversion my stance is you dont want to run it up but you have to it go for two to make it a 21 point game

But... you're supposed to keep the other team in the game~! Let them linger~! You're not supposed to win it~!

You catch my drift? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots