PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Brady had thrown 6 TDs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

snafu

On the Roster
Reaction score
Last year when we scored 56 points, all you heard was criticism of running up the score. But when Brett Favre does it, he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I will bet my last dollar that you will not hear one negative word against Favre.

Going for 2 with a 19 point lead and less than 2 mintues remaining.,, is considered class, unless its the Pats doing it:mad:.

WTF

Last year when we scored 56 points, all you heard was criticism of running up the score. But when Brett Favre does it, he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I will bet my last dollar that you will not hear one negative word against Favre.

Going for 2 with a 19 point lead and less than 2 mintues remaining.,, is considered class, unless its the Pats doing it:mad:.

WTF

People hate the Patriots.

They are that good.

All the Jets fans think the hit on Boldin was clean, if Harrison had done that today we would have seen the replay at least 100 times.

WTF

That's because the media has their Bret Favre rose colored glasses on....it makes me sick the way the media spends most of their time fawning over this ego maniacal drama queen.......give it time...in due time he'll treat Jets management the same way he did with Ted Thompson and the Packer organization......Hmmm.... I can't decide if I am going to retire or not...give me a break. Bret is a total D-Bagx10.....

Their coach is classless. Someone should take Favre out at the knees.

Their coach is classless. Someone should take Favre out at the knees.

Uh no....puhleeze stack, take that back.

Their coach sucks, but let's not stoop to Steeler levels.

The way the game went, not even 3 TD's seemed to be safe.

Difference is the Jets actually needed those TD's to fight off the Cards. As for the 2 point conversion my stance is you dont want to run it up but you have to it go for two to make it a 21 point game

I'm being sarcastic. These were the comments that were thrown at the Patriots last year. The coach was classless, was running up the score, and someone should take Brady's knees out.

I agree with this thread, I was thinking the same thing on the 4th and 1 bomb for a td. If it were the patriots, it would have made everyone cry. But..if it were the patriots, they wouldnt have kept letting the cards drive back down the field.

I'm being sarcastic. These were the comments that were thrown at the Patriots last year. The coach was classless, was running up the score, and someone should take Brady's knees out.

Yeah, but when comments like that are made about the Pats it's JUSTICE. When comments like that are made about anyone else it's classless.

Look you morons, it was immediately obvious that AStack75 wasn't saying anyone should do that; he was mocking the person who said that about Tom Brady last year.

(And given what happened to Tom 8 minutes into 2008, it makes you wonder if it was taken seriously.)

Well, Warner also threw for nearly 500 yards. It was a high scoring, shootout type of game. I don't think they were running up the sco'.

They needed them points.

WTF

since when do we cry like the rest of the league?

just let it go

The only thing you can blame the Jets for is going for two. That was an unneccessary move and a slap in the face to the Cards. But as I said last year with the Pats running up the score, if the other team doesn't like they should stop the team from doing it. I don't fault a team for running up the score even if the media does.

are we ignoring the fact that the pats were doing it week in and week out?

i seriously doubt we will see the jets score 50 plus points again any time soon, the pats were killing the other teams the first 8 games, so since they had nothing else to talk about thats what they came up with.

its nothing more.

The running up the score BS started last year when Eckel scored a TD late to put the pats up 48-27 against Dallas. It was virtually identical situation to the Jets last TD except the Jets added a 2 point conversion.

Personally, I have no problem with what the Jets did today but the national media should based on their comments of last year. Unless, maybe, they are biased?

Last edited:

over-your-head.jpg

The running up the score BS started last year when Eckel scored a TD late to put the pats up 48-27 against Dallas. It was virtually identical situation to the Jets last TD except the Jets added a 2 point conversion.

Personally, I have no problem with what the Jets did today but the national media should based on their comments of last year. Unless, maybe, they are biased?

Which led to Gregg Leasterbrook talking about the Pats "frantically" trying to run up the score.

Maybe I'm missing something, but handing off to Eckel didn't really seem "frantic." :confused:

Missed the obvious....sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back