PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Boyce picks up his game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Boyce has demonstrated talent and ability, it would seem that some team would be willing to have him on their 53 man roster.

I think Boyce has the talent to be an NFL WR. I think his speed was evident in the fact that in every game I saw him play he consistently beat DB's in deep coverage, getting behind DB's at least a couple of times. Personally I think the fact he didn't make the final roster says more about the guys in front of him than his own personal talent. (hard to believe I just said that after last season ;) ). I wouldn't be surprised to see him get another shot either here or elsewhere when the inevitable injuries occur.

The player I think he compares to the most to me is Brandon Tate, who has carved out a very nice career as a back up WR/ST's guy with the Bengals running a simpler offense. 2 final points.

I think the Baron's post has some merit. I think in a league where most of the talent is pretty much on the same level for 90% of the guys, confidence plays a huge part in the success or failure of a player. Right now I don't think Boyce is playing with a lot of confidence right now.

It also says a lot about something I've been saying for a long time about WR's. There are a lot of decent guys out there. Brian Tyms isn't an anomaly. You can find guys like him all the time in the league. The raw talent is out there, whether it develops or can fit the system is another matter entirely. You DON'T have to spend first round picks to find adequate WR's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back