PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Andre Smith is there at 23....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked up several reports on Andre Smith. I admittedly didn't know lots about him except that he was a bonehead the past two months.

Various reports have said that at worst case scenario he is a pro bowl guard or pro bowl right tackle, a possible franchise left tackle, and maybe the best run blocker to come out this decade. His recent behavior is disturbing, kind of a weird vibe like I used to get from Manny Ramirez. But production-wise all the reports say this guy is a blue chip prospect on the field.

A best case scenario is this guy does some more dumb things and drops like a rock in the draft... to us.

Do you take him? He has great talent, but he did not handle the combine well at all and will fall because of the question marks that are starting to mount with him. That being said, he has top 10 talent, so do you pull the trigger on a troubled talent like this?

I have watched Smith alot over the past three years and I think he is Leonard Davis part 2. That being said, I think the Pats would pick him at #23 and move him to OG which is where he projects.

PS: Smith's agent is a moron and has cost this kid a ton of money. Smith needs to fire this goofball and get a real agent.

I have watched Smith alot over the past three years and I think he is Leonard Davis part 2. That being said, I think the Pats would pick him at #23 and move him to OG which is where he projects.

PS: Smith's agent is a moron and has cost this kid a ton of money. Smith needs to fire this goofball and get a real agent.

I think OG is actually a need for this team. We aren't going to pay Mankins, Neal is old, and Hochstein is old too.

Best case franchise LT, worse case a pro bowl guard who may be a non-criminal headcase off the field? I would take that without hesitation at #23.

Can he play nose tackle?

Shoot, even if he can, he doesn't deserve to be picked at 23. Let some other team pick him up and allow a decent player drop to 34, et al. Less question marks, the better. Upside means they are down at the time.

no offense bakes and mayo, but you didn't answer my question. What if he falls to the pats? do you think they would take him IF he fell that far
Some what ifs can best be answered by, "Won't happen."

For instance, answer this what if for me: "What if you were a pedophile? Would you prefer to molest little girls or little boys?"

Obviously the only answer is, "I'm not a pedophile."

And Smith won't last until 23.

If you want to rephrase and ask if the Pats should trade UP for him, the answer would be No.

I saw Saban speak glowingly of Smith on the NFL network last week. Not sure if Saban lied or not but my guess is if Saban likes the kid then BB will listen and very likely take him in the unlikely event Smith falls to the Pats @ 23.

Some what ifs can best be answered by, "Won't happen."

For instance, answer this what if for me: "What if you were a pedophile? Would you prefer to molest little girls or little boys?"

Obviously the only answer is, "I'm not a pedophile."

And Smith won't last until 23.

If you want to rephrase and ask if the Pats should trade UP for him, the answer would be No.

Interesting reference;)

I did hear that this kid has great character and from what I have seen of this guy he would be a steel at 23. Moss should be able to console him and if this guy get a chip on this shoulder like Randy did for sliding then the has the ablility to dominate.

I think once this kid get to the NFL (where he is not the best) will help this kid grow up. At every level football a lot came easy to this kid but he is young. BB and TB will not let this kid be lazy IMO would be great value if he is sitting there at #23

Last edited:
Do you take him? He has great talent, but he did not handle the combine well at all and will fall because of the question marks that are starting to mount with him. That being said, he has top 10 talent, so do you pull the trigger on a troubled talent like this?

I let him keep on sliding and don't touch him with a 10 foot pole. The guy will eat himself out of the league. Instead I take Connor Barwin. :)

I think OG is actually a need for this team. We aren't going to pay Mankins, Neal is old, and Hochstein is old too.

Best case franchise LT, worse case a pro bowl guard who may be a non-criminal headcase off the field? I would take that without hesitation at #23.

Why aren't we going to pay Mankins????

Me thinks the Pats would want to know if HIS heart beats. They would hope he'd have the necessary qualities to work hard throughout TC, pre-season, and a very long reg season -- and beyond. Logic says -- the fewer risks the better -- with any first round pick.

His heart would have to beat hard... for all those cheeseburgers he stuffs down his piehole. it's hard work...:D

If the Pats take him, I'll be OK with it. Because if they take him, I'll know that Belichick got a good report on him from Saban.

He's not being considered in the 1st round after his pro day. He's very weak. He can't handle speed rushers. This kid is nowhere near as good as the other tackles. NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes