PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If a player hits Brady late, and dirty...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALP

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
i dont expect him to get to the sidelines for a little while...and i dont expect him to be out of the hospital for quite a while either...

really, ppl say someone may do this, but only if they are dumb...their own personal safety and health would be at risk....

i wonder how it would feel having a 350+ pd guy on u....now add that to 4...

If someone were to take a cheap shot at Brady I'd expect no less then a sideline clearing full team brawl at mid-field led by Rodney Harrison.

I think Randy Moss would snap and Kill the guy.

If it's a Lee Flowers-type hit, then there may be some shoving but it wouldn't be anything major. Now if it was a blatant late hit intended to injure Brady, THAT would end in mayhem.

If it was truly blatant and deliberately meant to injure, beyond a shadow of a doubt, not only would there be a huge brawl, but that player would likely face a long, long suspension. If it were up to me in that situation, I'd ban them from the league permanently. Anyone taking shots at other players with the goal of ending their seasons or careers doesn't deserve to play football.

If it was truly blatant and deliberately meant to injure, beyond a shadow of a doubt, not only would there be a huge brawl, but that player would likely face a long, long suspension. If it were up to me in that situation, I'd ban them from the league permanently. Anyone taking shots at other players with the goal of ending their seasons or careers doesn't deserve to play football.

The scariest thing would be from a non-playoff contending team who is at the end of his career and wouldn't care about his reputation or being suspended. Joey Porter is the only player I can think of, and he probably would want to play for another few years before he hangs up the cleets. So I don't know. If an opponent had a guy like, say, Bryan Cox, then I'd be worried.

Then the Matt Cassel era rears it's ugly head and I for one will be yelling don't pass it run it. lol

Although in all seriousness I hope to god we never have to experience that except for garbage time and preseasons.

If it's a Lee Flowers-type hit, then there may be some shoving but it wouldn't be anything major. Now if it was a blatant late hit intended to injure Brady, THAT would end in mayhem.

To borrow from another thread--if it happened at Gillette, after the mayhem on the field, I'd expect an angry mob surrounding that team's buses. That and I would expect Pats fans to start acting like Eagles fans around that team in future games.

To borrow from another thread--if it happened at Gillette, after the mayhem on the field, I'd expect an angry mob surrounding that team's buses. That and I would expect Pats fans to start acting like Eagles fans around that team in future games.

They dont let the fans who like to fight in the stadium anymore. :mad:

I've got news for you...

We're going to HIT Brady EARLY.. We're going to Hit Brady DURING the play.

We're going to Hit Brady AFTER THE PLAY. We're going to HIT BRADY on his way to the Locker room.

We're going to hit brady on the WAY OUT OF THE LOCKER ROOM.

But actually that's not the key to the game anyway.

If you want to know how to defeat the Patriots... All you need to do is get out a Little tape... Example One... Penn State vs Miami in the 1986 Orange Bowl...

THE WAY TO BEAT A PASS HAPPY OFFENSE with a team that Everybody says "Can't win" is not so much to take cheap shots at the QB.. It's to put the Fear of GOD into the Receivers.. Pretty soon their heads get on that swivel.

Example Two -- Buddy Ryan's Philadelphia Eagles vs the Houston Oilers Run and Gun... ( AKA the Body Bag Game I).

The way to slow down guys who want to run through your defense all day is NOT to devise some special DOUBLE Team plan to take one guy out of the play thereby leaving a weakness against the run somewhere else on the field for the QB to exploit... THE WAY TO DO It is to LET Them catch the ball IN FRONT OF YOU and at that Point Deliver a HIT so hard that the guys in the second level can hear the ringing of Randy Moss' helmet.

Ever WONDER why Moss has never had a 100 yard receiving game against the Eagles?..> With that 15-1 year in Minnesota.. with all those great games with Daunte?

We played them just about every year... How could that BE? Simple GENIUS b/c somewhere in the first quarter in EVERY Game somebody puts a helmet in Moss chest and he tends to simmer down just a bit after that...

LOL you think Moss doesn't fear the Eagles... do ya really? ROFL.

I've got news for you...

THE WAY TO BEAT A PASS HAPPY OFFENSE with a team that Everybody says "Can't win" is not so much to take cheap shots at the QB.. It's to put the Fear of GOD into the Receivers.. Pretty soon their heads get on that swivel.

Washington already tried it with a MUCH better group of of DBs. Face it, Philly is toasted. You guys have a -0000.1% chance of keeping it within 20.

Then the Matt Cassel era rears it's ugly head and I for one will be yelling don't pass it run it. lol

Although in all seriousness I hope to god we never have to experience that except for garbage time and preseasons.

Hey a Pats fan with a brain...

I hate to give away secrets but it's not as If Bill doesn't know them anyway.. He's Eh kind of a GOOD COACH.. even if he does tend to dabble in the "creative" arts so to speak.

But I fully expect Belicheck to come out with a Running attack against the Eagles... And the Eagles must stop your running game to have any shot.

If the Pats RUN THE BALL EFFECTIVELY then yes.. I can see your team winning by more than one score... And the Pats will NOT PASS to set up the run.. and if YOU DO we will be rejoicing in Philadelphia at your slip up.

The Pats will test us with the RUN First and if the Eagles pass that test it will be a WAR all day long.

The Eagles will see the run, but mainly in the third and fourth quarters. That's how we've been doing it all year. No reason to change for the Eagles.

Washington already tried it with a MUCH better group of of DBs. Face it, Philly is toasted. You guys have a -0000.1% chance of keeping it within 20.

Where in the WORLD did you get the Idea that Washington's DB's were better than Sheppard Brown and Dawkins?

I'd like to know what drugs you are taking <g>

Eh Sheppard was hurt early in the year champ... And you're very fortunate we lost Q this week... Also Will will be in there for a 5 deep set.

But ANYBODY who thinks that Washington's D backfield is better than the birds .. We need pressure to succeed but just man for man..

YOU ARE NUTS. The Eagles can't be that bad .. if they had hired a guy who could catch punts they would have a win against the best team in the NFC>

The Dallas Game you say... yeah go watch it.. McNabb served it up like a Turkey on Thanksgiving..

Frankly MCNABB has been a liability all year long.

come get some.. we don't fear you in the slightest... not after having watched that Colts game..> Joseph addai on a screen against those slow aged LB's eh... lol wait til you see WESTY.

The Eagles will see the run, but mainly in the third and fourth quarters. That's how we've been doing it all year. No reason to change for the Eagles.

Well then we THANK you for your poor game planning.

And the silly statements like we don't belong on the field with you... or can't keep it within twenty..

Ah they fill me with joy. You are in for the shock of your lives my friends.

The False Bravado is hilarious. You know what why don't we subpoena Eric Mangini into Federal court and ask him the question... Then let's see how much Teddy Bruschi and Rodney Harrison YAP about their dominance in the SuperBowl.

Oh and If McNabb didn't puke on his Shoes... LOL AFTER HAVING CHEATED.. You still may have lost.

But you didn't and we as Eagles fans, tip our caps to you and congratulate you on a well won and well fought battle.

The other stuff is just silly ribbing.. there's not a player or a fan who expects anybody to change the past... You won the game... You were just a little "creative" doing it.. Hey it shows some spunk..

And that whole jazz is just a way of having fun with you guys b/c we know you're sensitive about it..

But that won't change the fact that we're going to physically punish you for your obnoxious behavior tomorrow night.

Have fun .. You've earned every second of the game.

Last edited:
Well then we THANK you for your poor game planning.

And the silly statements like we don't belong on the field with you... or can't keep it within twenty..

Ah they fill me with joy. You are in for the shock of your lives my friends.

The False Bravado is hilarious. You know what why don't we subpoena Eric Mangini into Federal court and ask him the question... Then let's see how much Teddy Bruschi and Rodney Harrison YAP about their dominance in the SuperBowl.

Oh and If McNabb didn't puke on his Shoes... LOL AFTER HAVING CHEATED.. You still may have lost.

But you didn't and we as Eagles fans, tip our caps to you and congratulate you on a well won and well fought battle.

The other stuff is just silly ribbing.. there's not a player or a fan who expects anybody to change the past... You won the game... You were just a little "creative" doing it.. Hey it shows some spunk..

And that whole jazz is just a way of having fun with you guys b/c we know you're sensitive about it..

But that won't change the fact that we're going to physically punish you for your obnoxious behavior tomorrow night.

Have fun .. You've earned every second of the game.

Way to keep the faith. I really doubt you'll be happy in the end of this game, but whatever gets you through this week. It's already been a tough season for the Eagles, especially heading into their rebuilding year of 2008.

IF they hit brady on any play and he goes down

That player(s)' career is over

by fans, by players, by coaches, by league officials

his career would be O-V-E-R over.

at this point its a questionable call to begin with, but if it were to be perceived in the slightest degree to be malicious, it would be worse than LT's hit on Theismann and he would be immortalized as Satan.

Here's the FUnniest thing EVER...

Your writers and all the national guys are pumping UP the steelers to test you while you have to play the EAGLES this week..

LOL well I'm not saying it matters any but the Eagles at least beat the JETS.

The Eagles are a better team without McNabb .. We probably would've won the Superbowl had we just stuck with Feeley way back then...

But alas those days are long gone and these are much different teams in 2007.

But Really guys.. THe Pats O is better than the Eagles O. The Eagles D is better than the Pats D.. Let's see what comes out of it.

BUT 24 is just silly.. why b/c we got beat badly by the Cowpokes? Yeah b/c McNabb single handedly Gave them 21 points..

LOL the line should've dropped seven when McNabb was declared out.. not gone up 3 .. ROFL

IF they hit brady on any play and he goes down

That player(s)' career is over

by fans, by players, by coaches, by league officials

his career would be O-V-E-R over.

at this point its a questionable call to begin with, but if it were to be perceived in the slightest degree to be malicious, it would be worse than LT's hit on Theismann and he would be immortalized as Satan.

Yeah that hit sure hurt LT's career?

Now what you're threatening us with LEAGUE ACTION? Last I checked you didn't exactly have an "IN" with Goodell and considering the fact that Roger will naturally accept a bit of bad blood due to what he knows you did under the Tagliabue era....

No reason for Roger to get involved in Paul's mess.

I'm sorry but your threat holds no weight.. We're going to PUNISH YOU TOMORROW.. Welcome to the END OF TOM Terrific in 2007.

Here's the FUnniest thing EVER...

Your writers and all the national guys are pumping UP the steelers to test you while you have to play the EAGLES this week..

LOL well I'm not saying it matters any but the Eagles at least beat the JETS.

The Eagles are a better team without McNabb .. We probably would've won the Superbowl had we just stuck with Feeley way back then...

But alas those days are long gone and these are much different teams in 2007.

But Really guys.. THe Pats O is better than the Eagles O. The Eagles D is better than the Pats D.. Let's see what comes out of it.

BUT 24 is just silly.. why b/c we got beat badly by the Cowpokes? Yeah b/c McNabb single handedly Gave them 21 points..

LOL the line should've dropped seven when McNabb was declared out.. not gone up 3 .. ROFL

i dont doubt that the eagles have a good defense, but last i checked, the Pats are ranked third in the AFC and the eagles are ranked 4th....

i dont think this will be game of the defenses to be honest in the same way the colts/pats game was considered by few (who were correct) to be a game between the defenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes