Welcome to PatsFans.com

Idle, ugly thoughts (Pats lose to Arizona Cardinals)

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patfanken, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 13 / -5

#95 Jersey

I think people are forgetting we almost won this game. it's as if we got blown out today. I know the O was bad the but the D kept us in it. Couldn't really say that at all last year

2. letekro

letekro In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +36 / 14 / -10

How about SB 46?

3. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 13 / -5

#95 Jersey

What about it? That was 1 of the only times they kept us in it last year. AFC champ game they did as well. But nothing really in the reg season. They are creating turnovers when they need them. That is HUGE and has been missing for a while. They created turnovers in the SB..but they didn't bounce their way

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  4. SEA_Pat

SEA_Pat On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -1

I think you missed one thing - the Cardinals defense is REALLY good. Everyone was writing them off to a large extent because, well, they're the Cards and two, John Skelton/Kevin Kolb. But that was one of the better defenses I've seen in a while. They're going to give a lot of people fits in my opinion.

5. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 13 / -5

#95 Jersey

They are BIG. Big group of guys. Underrated D IMO after seeing them shut us down today. I think they are the best in that division (for now) even with seattle looking pretty good becasue of their D

But in your opinion..who's a better D ravens or cards? For me it's the ravens which is why i think they are going to give us major fits next week

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  6. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +665 / 13 / -28

Today, the offense did not seem prepared to play.

Besides the turnover on the OL, I don't think Brady is he same player. I think he has aged mentally. I think he gets rattled much more than he used to. One play, he looked like tony Eason looking for a soft spot on the ground.

Either way, the pats need to dial down the offense a bit and, get more conservative and let the defense provide some patience.

Next week against the ravens should be interesting. Unless there improvement in certain areas or some scheme changes, things could get rough next week

7. PatsGirl2011

PatsGirl2011 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nah..I think the Cards D is way better than the Ravens. Philly raked up a ton of yards. I think close 400+. There will be points scored in this game.

8. wyomingpatsfan

wyomingpatsfan Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

One play, he looked like tony Eason looking for a soft spot on the ground."

....man...that's harsh...:eek:

Brady made some VERY good throws today, but they were defended perfectly...a great offensive play does not always beat a superb defensive play...

one less holding call and the Pats win...

Remember, the Cards beat a very good Seattle team last week...

9. BradfordPatsFan

BradfordPatsFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

On the "clutch" thing, I think you can cite the Dallas, Washington, and Miami (home) games as ones where they made clutch plays. If you define "clutch" as big plays when the game is still close, you could add the Philly game and Denver regular season game as "clutch" games where the team made plays to open up a close game. The offense had a "clutch" late drive against the Giants at Gillette. This list could go on.

Also, I think that so many of the players mentioning a poor week of practice tells me that is what BB focused on in his post game talk with the team. I don't think it means much more than this is one of the youngest teams in the league and they may have either had inflated egos after a dominating performance last week and were looking ahead to a very tough road game next week. All of the leadership in the world from the likes of Mankins, Brady, Wilfork, etc cannot always stop human nature.

In the long run, I agree, this could be like that Cleveland loss in 2010. Let's see what happens next week.

10. NYCPatsFan

NYCPatsFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +9 / 2 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Well, you might want to mention that to Ty Law and Troy Brown, both of them suggest that there must be something - either disciplinary or otherwise - going on for the team's best WR for the last few years not starting the game. Ty in fact says it is some kind of a message.

11. ATippett56

ATippett56 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +460 / 9 / -18

Idle, ugly thoughts:

2013 NFL Draft - New England Patriots

1st Round - Offensive Guard/Offensive Tackle
    2nd Round - Offensive Guard/Offensive Tackle

What is really offensive is the play of Donald Thomas and Marcus Cannon.

12. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Reminded me of the Cowboys game last year...the D saved that day but it was a happier ending then :mad:

13. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Then I guess if Arizona can send the Pats offense into near submission with that defense,we should throw the white flag and surrender when the 49ers and Texans come to town. :bricks:

Could the Pats lose 3 or more at Gillette this year?.....I could see 3 losses easily unless they get it together.

14. SEA_Pat

SEA_Pat On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -1

I must admit to not having watched them. Nor had I watched the Cards before, but from what I saw they're able to generate pressure with only a couple DLinemen, have some fast linebackers able to cover RBs and TEs and a solid secondary. Their tackling was great, very few if any broken ones. I was very impressed, although I think that it was contributed to by the Pats getting flummoxed by the loss of Hernandez in terms of the gameplan. It looked very disjointed as a result.

15. UK_Pat37

UK_Pat37 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +53 / 5 / -7

#12 Jersey

Come on Ken...missed a guy deep? It went straight through Gronkowski's hands. That's a drop, just like the deep ball to Lloyd last week in which his route running went out the window, slowing down on he route. Rash judgement.

As mentioned, inconsistent pressure again. Secondary is absolutely fine I agree but, with the exception of Jones, the D Line is doing next to nothing to help them out. Ninkovich looks flat out terrible out there right now but Cunningham isn't setting the edge like Ninkovich...so we're almost in a lose-lose situation at he LDE spot....boy losing Mark Anderson and Ande Carter is looking frustrating right now.

I'm not too up in arms about the Run D....we held them to 3.2 YPC....I'll settle for that all day.

IMO that Cards front seven is as good as we will face all year. It was always going to be tough and they played outstandingly. We were out coached and we were out executed...on offence anyway.

Real momentum changer was the punt block. Without it, I don't think the Cards win that game. Momentum shifter or what.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  16. captain stone

captain stone Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +304 / 60 / -29

No Jersey Selected

2 more idle thoughts:

Hoo-Hoo & Lex Hilliard suck out loud. They're not even JAGs, because that would be an insult to JAGs. They're just not NFL players.

The sooner that Scott O'Brien is fired, the better that our STs will become.

17. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +635 / 0 / -3

When I zipped threw the game for a second time my first thought was that Thomas really whiffed on that play and hung Woodhead out to dry. You know more about the X's and O's than I do so I'm gladly going to take your interpretation of what happened, if for no other reason than the fact that I would prefer to not re-watch the game again. Unfortunately the loss of yardage not only put the Pats out of field goal range, but the Pats had blockers set up that it could have been a good gain (at minimum enough for a first down).

Good point on the two coverage sacks also.

18. ATippett56

Ratings:
    +460 / 9 / -18

I can't believe these two clowns are currently on the roster.

19. ATippett56

Ratings:
    +460 / 9 / -18

Idle, ugly thoughts ......

2012 New England Patriots "Stooges" list:

Donald Thomas
    Lex Hilliard
    Michael Who-Man

The aforementioned are starting to rival the 2011 New England Patriots "Three Stooges":

Josh Barrett
    Sergio Brown
    James Ihedigbo

20. ATippett56

Ratings:
    +460 / 9 / -18

Idle, ugly thoughts ......

Question:

"How do you feel about the execution of the offense?"

Answer:

"I’m for it."