PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts - the redemption edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buffalo will be tough we usually split with them each season that can't happen this season we need them both.

I think Pats are 21-1 against the Bills since 2003

Couldn't have been prouder of what the team did last nite, and I have been critical of the organization as a whole this year.
Something to consider is Cinncy has an abysmal record after a bye.So they were a willing punching bag.
The offense line seems to be settled with the personal the way the had it last nite but you know somewhere its going to effected by injury. Then the shuffle starts again. The defense goes back to below average without Revis.
10-6 will be an accomplishment this year. Good enough for the tournament and who knows But you need that emotion,intensity and execution for them to have a chance. The Pats aren't good enough to just show up anymore its just a fact.

Develin was on the field a ton last night. Rewatching the game this morning and his play really stood out to me.

The penalties didn't bother me last night as much as they did this morning. Probably because the Pats were winning of course. Rewatching, it was so lopsided it was concerning. Too much power being handed out to the zebras and had this game been closer it certainly could of influenced the games outcome. That block in the back was so evident and so not called on that return. It's almost like let's try to make this game closer guys.

I thought Revis covered Green as well as anyone on the planet could. Couldn't believe the interception was taken away as I thought the coverage was as clean as you can get against a 6-5 receiver who is very physical in his own right.

I think as fans we got what we wanted last night. I'm not going to paint a perfect picture of the last couple of weeks. It was bad football by the players and bad coaching by the coaches. I think some of the critisism was warranted. Not the over the top critisism that was posted like a broken record by the same media and fans over and over again until you just wanted throw up.

Back in the UK now after a great 3 days in the states great to catch a Pats game I loved all the chicken little's selling tickets meant me and the wife got away for the weekend even if she stayed in Plymouth on sunday. The thing I noticed was how nasty we got. We were getting lots of penalties for being physical and Gronk jawing at after making a play. We looked at one of the best Dlins in the NFL and said we're gonna punch you in a mouth and when it shocks you we will do it again.

Some total BS calls by the refs kept that game what it was, no one will want to play vs us right now the OL moved people Brady had time and our TE's were in the game last time we had 2 TE's we tore it up on O and Brady looked comfortable throwing to Wright.

The sky is not falling it never really was I thought at 6 weeks we would lead the division at 4-2 expecting bengals and KC to be our losses we are on track to be at that mark onwards and upwards.

Am I the only one who felt completely confident through the drive by the Bengals that was just constantly being arbitrarily sustained through penalty after penalty after penalty?

Patriots D was playing like they could care less about free first downs, like Cinci was a total joke. It was like the penalties didn't matter because it just meant another set of downs that the Patriots defense could clown on the Bengals, and bury them on national television.

Compare this to how we would of felt about a free first down going to our opponents in 2013, 2012, 2011, etc. A flag was like the worst thing ever, because we could never get off the field even without them.

This was like a big brother beating. So many penalties, so many free yards, so little concern

Am I the only one who felt completely confident through the drive by the Bengals that was just constantly being arbitrarily sustained through penalty after penalty after penalty?

No. By the 2nd quarter, I felt completely confident about 2 things:

1. Our defense could stop the Bengals anytime it counted.
2. Our offense could move the ball at will and put points on the board.

Those 2 things prevented any realistic chance of a comeback. The ease with which the Pats could accomplish those 2 things, against a "top" team, was quite stunning.

Develin was on the field a ton last night. Rewatching the game this morning and his play really stood out to me.

The penalties didn't bother me last night as much as they did this morning. Probably because the Pats were winning of course. Rewatching, it was so lopsided it was concerning. Too much power being handed out to the zebras and had this game been closer it certainly could of influenced the games outcome. That block in the back was so evident and so not called on that return. It's almost like let's try to make this game closer guys.

I thought Revis covered Green as well as anyone on the planet could. Couldn't believe the interception was taken away as I thought the coverage was as clean as you can get against a 6-5 receiver who is very physical in his own right.

I think as fans we got what we wanted last night. I'm not going to paint a perfect picture of the last couple of weeks. It was bad football by the players and bad coaching by the coaches. I think some of the critisism was warranted. Not the over the top critisism that was posted like a broken record by the same media and fans over and over again until you just wanted throw up.
This isn't a knock on Green but he pushes off, a lot. Ironically, any contact on Green and the DB is flagged.

No. By the 2nd quarter, I felt completely confident about 2 things:

1. Our defense could stop the Bengals anytime it counted.
2. Our offense could move the ball at will and put points on the board.

Those 2 things prevented any realistic chance of a comeback. The ease with which the Pats could accomplish those 2 things, against a "top" team, was quite stunning.

It's almost like the chiefs game provided the team the "click" they needed. It's almost like they just clicked last night

Merriweather with the sack!

Despite what Gruden was saying, that was obvious PI on Sherman (at least it would be if he had a Pats uniform on)

8: It was nice to see Brady run when he had too. Other games he would avoid running and just throw an incomplete pass, even if he had a wide open path to a First Down or TD. I also thought he was a lot less conservative with his throws. The throws were much tighter to coverage and the receivers were better able to get their hands on the ball.

Gronk isn't the only one who needs to play with reckless abandon. Brady can't play like an old man if he wants to play until he is an old man. I am not suggesting that he become a running quarterback, but that first run and the sneak really set a tone that got the whole team fired up. By simply playing with fire and sticking his nose in it when necessary Brady's play will elevate his game and put the team in a better position to win. For my money I would rather see him put his body on the line making a play instead of taking a blind side hit.

That first drive was riveting, talk about sending a message... I hope they can keep it rolling.

Compare this to how we would of felt about a free first down going to our opponents in 2013, 2012, 2011, etc. A flag was like the worst thing ever, because we could never get off the field even without them.
Felt the same way.

But, then Revis went out with an injury and they had an easy time passing the ball for a TD

then Revis came back and it was back to the business of taking out their best choice and forcing them into tougher situations.

If Easley isn't able to play, I don't think the d-line will be affected that much. I watched every defensive snap in slow motion on my DVR, and he's just not getting off the ball with any quickness or explosiveness. Wilfork beats him off the ball most of the time. Well behind Chandler Jones on most of the snaps that he was in there. If he wasn't a #1 pick, he might have been IR'd already. I hope the coaching staff is seeing some steady improvement in practice that can translate to the games. May he can come on a bit later in the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down