PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts - The abbreviated edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the NFL publishes this stupid report to define the investigation. My fear is the NFL offers some bland "lack of evidence" against the Pats conclusion, which when read in contrast by the ignorant with the ineligible receiver means the Pats just cover their illegal tracks better than the less intelligent NFL investigators can identify wrongdoing. This investigation seems to have dinged up the rest of the NFL more than the Pats, so I fear whitewash to avoid addressing all the other dirty laundry that has come up with the topic.

Not sure why you think the report would mean lack of whitewash. The report will be a key part of the whitewash. The league is Wells's client. No way he's coming out with anything that does not advance the interests of his client. It will be the report that says (in mounds of $1000/hr verbiage) that "we tried really, really hard, but were unable to find any evidence of NE cheating".

Last edited:
You call that abbreviated?? ;). Jk jk great stuff as always pfk.

I had hopes for bush and that sucks to hear he was signed for that little. But like you said must be more than meets the eye there.

I watched the replay of Eagles vs Skins to see Fletcher and I was not happy with what I saw. He did not compete for the ball and let his man catch the ball then he tackled him. Plays far off the WR and gave up easy 5 and 6 yard passes.

Many posters have suggested that his Philly play is not significant, or perhaps even contraindicative, and that perhaps the Patriots coaching and scouting staff has studied his past performance a bit, too, prior to signing him.

The Jets don't have either a 5th or 6th rounder having given them up for Marshall and Harvin. A 7th rounder seem slow so does the league take a 4th rounder???
Precedent is swap of thirds and loss of fifth.

Precedent is swap of thirds and loss of fifth.
The reason I think it will be harsher is the fact that the Jets have a recent written warning on their record, plus the fact it was such a prominent player AND they ended up with him. Remember in the Niner Bears example, Briggs ended up staying with the Bears

The reason I think it will be harsher is the fact that the Jets have a recent written warning on their record, plus the fact it was such a prominent player AND they ended up with him. Remember in the Niner Bears example, Briggs ended up staying with the Bears

As much as I agree, do not see him making an example of a NY team.. too close to his roots and too close to home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back