PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts - stuff to get you through to 1pm Pats - Titans kickoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are people on this board that I constantly learn from. There are others that annoy the hell out of me. But be honest folks. If you had to choose one poster to watch a game and have a beer with, wouldn't that guy HAVE to be OTG.

In terms of passion, knowledge and being a true original, there is no one even close. For shear entertainment purposes alone, he should be drawing a salary to post here. He is a one of a kind CHARACTER,who elevates the board and everyone on it.

And as we get set to open the season, I tip my cap to you.

Hard to say it much better. Grid should be making a fortune on TV as a "psycho"-analyst. When you see some of the clowns who actually draw a salary to be idiots, it's a shame that he's not marketed nationally.

I predict CJ doesn't have 100 yards or close to it. BB's gonna gameplan around him and make Locker beat us. So if Locker is half decent (I've personally never watched him) he will probably put up pretty good #'s and look better than he really is, which I'm sure will drive the doomsday posters nuts in the game thread, but in the end they'll score 17-20 max if that.

Any thoughts on the next PowerBall #s? Because you pretty much nailed the defense's performance.

BB can never have enough qualified information. However, I would also think the teams have little on us as well. Thhat has to be our advantage as well.

Disagree with you here. What is the Patriots' MO since 2000? Variability/shifting schemes/game specific patterns. The Patriots are not a team that says "This is what we do, now stop us", they are a team that says "We will do what the situations allows us to do, now either stop us or change the situation faster than our response time...."

Teams like the Manning era Colts were running fundamentally simple but extraordinarily well-executed offenses, where in what an opposing team saw on tape in Week 1 would most likely be very similar to what they would see in Week 6. The Patriots in that same time frame would have 3 distinctive defensive schemes, and 4 contradictory offensive game plans.

More tape helps, but I think it helps Patriots' opponents less than it helps the Patriots and any other team that is facing an opponent that is relatively non-changing in scheme and philosophy.

Any thoughts on the next PowerBall #s? Because you pretty much nailed the defense's performance.

Haha thanks but I can't take full credit :) I did underestimate our defense with the 17 points, and the pass D. They had an all around great effort I thought and Locker only looked good on a couple drives.

More tape helps, but I think it helps Patriots' opponents less than it helps the Patriots and any other team that is facing an opponent that is relatively non-changing in scheme and philosophy.
In that vein you would have to look at both teams and say. what's our biggest weakness that the patriots will try to exploit based on their team.

Then again, how are people people don't often out think BB. Other things would be to stray away from established patterns and set up whole new ones when facing the pats. Not many teams are capable of doign this, but someare (which happened when Dolpihns unleashed the wildcat, but that wasn't a 1 time set it was am offensive wrinkle).

But all teams have tendencies. Still, with the offense the pats have this year, their playbook will probably be the most dynamic and capable of running a high number of plays with the same personnel and even formation. I wish opposing defenses luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes