PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts - pregame edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
4. I'm constantly amazed had how well Rex is coming off as his regime flounders to close in NJ. Everyone seems to get blamed EXCEPT Rex. It only goes to show you that when the media falls in love with you because you give good copy, you can go far. IMHO (and I know some don't agree) Bill Parcells gets over rated because he got and keeps getting great press. BTW - getting good press means having all your successes and good qualities continually hyped while having your negative qualities and failures relatively ignored.

Rex has a great defensive mind, and he gets his players to consistently play hard for him. But as a HC, he doesn't pay attention to the details, doesn't hold his players and coaches accountable, is horrible in assessing players, and has dramatically failed to develop and improve the players on his roster.

I will miss him when he leaves the Jets He was a true "character" and his flaws would keep the Jets from becoming a serious long term threat.. I will probably enjoy him if/when he joins the media. If the hype helps get him another HCing job immediately, I will look forward to the disaster he'll likely to become.
Had to give you a Winner rating just for this part alone. Just have to add that media likes to be part of the story and/or driving opinion in their unbiased opinion (and yet they'll never take any blame).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back