PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts.....perspectives....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post.

I couldn't agree more about this season being a gift. I said in another thread that I thought this season was among the best ever (from a Pats fan's perspective).

Wouldn't it be something if they actually pulled this off?! It's been a great ride.

Great post as always. And this year really has been a gift, one of the most enjoyable seasons.

On your first point, those are my fav type of signings, low-risk, high-reward. I know people wanted Julius Peppers and he's done well in Chicago, but for that kind of money, it's like buying a stock at it's peak and hoping it holds up. And when it drops, it really sucks (like Haynesworth). BB always finds these bargain type players, and if it doesn't work out, not much lost at all.

On the second point, it's interesting to also note that Warren signed here after speaking with Seymour. A lot of people felt Seymour left on bad terms, but seems that wasn't the case.

This run...the Bill Belichick era as it should be called...is without question, the greatest run of football success in the modern era of sports.

It has brought out the worst in everyone (outside of the REAL Patriot fans).

From ex-players (Marshall Faulk, Tom Jackson, Mark Schlereth, etc...) and current players (Terrell Suggs, Ladanian Tomlinson, etc. )...

To National sports writers...Greg Easterbrook, Peter King (to some degree)etc, etc...

And this list could go on and on about people who loathe our existence...because of the success we've had...

I want Tom Brady to win the MVP. I know that he doesn't care about it...and I love that about him...but he should have had at least 4 by now and yet, we have to hear over and over about how "Peyton Manning" is the best QB in the league...When we all know deep down that he is just another Dan Marino.

I look forward to the day when every one of these POS's reluctantly and hatefuly admit...that the Patriots are the greatest dynasty in pro football.....ever. To admit that they were wrong for writing and saying scathing and hatred words for the world to hear and read about how Belichick was a cheater and Manning was better than Brady and to have these words burn thier toungue's black.

Yeah..you could say that I'm tired and pissed off and needed to get this off my chest.

I want the Patriots to unleash an unholy hell upon any team that steps on our field with misguided dreams of winning there.

I want the Colts, the Jets, the Ravens and the Steelers to know utter and complete defeat.....that it was folly to think you could beat the Patriots.

Yup. I'm ready for the playoffs to start....

Holy crap, man, you got me pumped up! I used to hope we'd play like the Jets and Chiefs in the playoffs, but man, after reading that I want Pittsburgh and Baltimore to come in here and lose 59-0 in a snow storm :mad:

The hate for the Patriots is crazy, I've never seen anything like it.

To paraphrase someone else on this board (sorry I don;t remember who):

EMBRACE THE HATE
IT MEANS THE PATRIOTS ARE A PRETTY DAMN GOOD TEAM!

:rocker:

A couple of things for the sake of nitpicking:

1. re: Oline and running game: two words--Logan Mankins. Plus Vollmer and Co. are all quietly having great seasons. Dante should get some kind of assistant coach of the year award.

2. re: rookies equating losses: like anyone else, Bill Parcells said some idiotic things over the course of his career.

3. re: BB's "master plan": I wish I knew, but I don't think BB would ever remotely concede a New England Patriots season just for the sake of rebuilding.

Thanks--entertaining write up.

The hate for the Patriots is crazy, I've never seen anything like it.

It is truly amazing. I was talking to a bunch of Jet fans who all stated they hate TFB. I asked why and they gave no reason and basically changed the subject. Then when Jax lost and they made the playoffs their first reaction was to silence the doubting Patriot fans ignoring the fact their team lost their 3rd game out of 4.

just wondering, how packed is this game against the Dolphins next week going to be? Since they already sealed the division and home field, should I expect to see backups in the second half and a half empty stadium? I'm just wondering cause i'm going to it and it'll be my first pats game. All the was from central pa. Thanks

It is truly amazing. I was talking to a bunch of Jet fans who all stated they hate TFB. I asked why and they gave no reason and basically changed the subject. Then when Jax lost and they made the playoffs their first reaction was to silence the doubting Patriot fans ignoring the fact their team lost their 3rd game out of 4.

It's useless trying to talk logic to a Jets fan. I work with a Jets fan who still won't admit that the only reason why they got into the playoffs last year was because the Colts and Bengals laid down for them.

That post sums it up in a nutshell.

I remember reading the 2010 schedule when it first came out and thinking how difficult that schedule looks and how the Patriots would have to be on their game from week 1 to 17 if they want to make the playoffs (nevermind a #1 seed).

it really is extraordinary to have seen the season unfold like this. And still I am getting greedy. At the moment we are looking rather good and with homefield advantage we have another great chance to see a SB.

I really appreciate the greatness of this Pats team the last decade and a bit, but that just makes me all the more greedy. You don´t get the #1 seed all that often and when you get it, use it and take full advantage. Also the BB/TB years will be over at some point, so I want them to win now, don´t bank on future years, do it now. And it´s not because I´m spoiled, but rather because I look to other former dynasties and see many of them going through terribly tough times after their earlier heights. I am fully resigned to the fact that at one point I will probably have to witness tougher times again, but by **** I would like a few more SB memories to get through these tough times and know it was totally worth it.

It's useless trying to talk logic to a Jets fan. I work with a Jets fan who still won't admit that the only reason why they got into the playoffs last year was because the Colts and Bengals laid down for them.

Yesterday on the Mike Francesa show, Jest fans were calling and trying to tell him that the Jest would have beat the Colts, even if Manning and the starters played the whole game. Delusional. Just delusional.

As for the hate, well:

haterz.gif

The only year this team compares to is 2003. Where one side of the ball had to carry the team and other side had to be competitive and make some plays. That year the defense was the best in the league in points but offense was middle of the pack.

That formula worked because we had a very experienced defense with a few youngsters like Geno Wilson and Ty Warren who were rookies as well as Seymour in his third year. That team had veteran corners, the best veteran safety, and the best group of veteran linebackers. The offense had most of the youth with a few veterans.

BB has implemented the same formula this year. He's been relying on the number one offense to lead the way while the more youthful defense gains experience and makes plays when they can.

If you want to compare any team to 2001 it was 2008: A patchwork team of winners that was low on talent but high on heart. Too bad they didn't get a chance to prove it in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes