PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

idle thoughts - iiiinnntttterrressssstinnnng...but

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well so 5 weeks ago you asked if anything this team could do inn its last games against midling competion would change the outlook for the playoffs.

Looking back now the answer is a resounding yes. Not so much because of they way the Pats played (rather too exciting) but because of the results. While we shurely didnt get any style points and most of the known problems were still clearly visible, they managed those 5 Wins and that secured HFA for the playoffs, or ebent more importantly a first round bye.

So instead of having to win 4 games, most of them as a road underdog, we only need 3 wins and will be favored (if only slightly) in all of them but the big game itself.

or to put this in numbers, or chance for a SB title rose from 7% to 25 % in the last 5 weeks.

On the tough side all the other teams in the AFC playoffs follow the blueprint of good defense mediocre offense, which seems to gib´ve us the ,most problems in the last few years.

But this is the season of joy so lets just hope that the 45 minutes where we shoot out people are a little bit more predictive then the 15 minutes where all hell seems to break lose.

Interesting that you brought that up, because I would still say a resounding NO!!!. 5 weeks ago we were being told that none of our last 5 opponents are any good and beating them would do nothing to prove the value of this team, and that's EXACTLY what has happened.

We complete the the last 6 week sweep, wind up 13-3 and an awaken to a media chorus of "one and done" and "we aren't going anywhere" and "we can't beat good teams", etc, etc, ETC.

All of which I predicted over a month ago. Nothng is going to change it until we reach the Superbowl....and if we happen to lose there, these *******s will look you right in the eye and tell you "they told you so".....with a straight face. :rolleyes:

11. I thing the ref had to call that long PI on Moldin that led to the first TD. But it was totally UNNECESSARY. Moldin had recovered and was in great position to pick the ball. I don't think he needed to make that much contact with the receiver. It seemed he panicked almost. Like he felt had to grab at him or it was a TD. When he sees the film on Monday, he's going to be pissed at the opportunity he missed. He also is gong to get his butt handed to him by th coaches. Ironic it was about the worst pass Fitzpatrick threw the entire first quarter

OK so it wasn't very short....sue me. Enjoy the bye week waiting for the sky to fall.

Ken - I watched the replay on this 3 times and Hagan actually tripped over his own feet and Molden's feet got tangled with Hagan's. That's why they both went down, Molden a half-second after Hagan.

I don't see him getting his butt handed to him by the coaches over that..

Ken - I watched the replay on this 3 times and Hagan actually tripped over his own feet and Molden's feet got tangled with Hagan's. That's why they both went down, Molden a half-second after Hagan.

I don't see him getting his butt handed to him by the coaches over that..
DB, I remember him getting his hand in there early, just before the ball got there, and that was what cause the PI. But I will defer to you since you've seen it more recently. My lasting impression was that it was marginal, but unnecessary if proper technique was used. Right up to the point where the ball got there, he'd had done everything perfectly.

BTW- if you just go done looking at the game again, how did Cannon look at RT. I'm thinking the kid GOT to be a road grader, but I haven't sensed that from him yet

DB, I remember him getting his hand in there early, just before the ball got there, and that was what cause the PI. But I will defer to you since you've seen it more recently. My lasting impression was that it was marginal, but unnecessary if proper technique was used. Right up to the point where the ball got there, he'd had done everything perfectly.

BTW- if you just go done looking at the game again, how did Cannon look at RT. I'm thinking the kid GOT to be a road grader, but I haven't sensed that from him yet

I saw Cannon in on some running plays, but wasn't really focused on him.. And when I watched the 3 replays was yesterday during the game.. (DVRs are wonderful instruments)

Both Hagan and Molden were hand-fighting and it's hard to say who started it. I thought that Molden had it played perfectly, otherwise.

Interesting that you brought that up, because I would still say a resounding NO!!!. 5 weeks ago we were being told that none of our last 5 opponents are any good and beating them would do nothing to prove the value of this team, and that's EXACTLY what has happened.

We complete the the last 6 week sweep, wind up 13-3 and an awaken to a media chorus of "one and done" and "we aren't going anywhere" and "we can't beat good teams", etc, etc, ETC.

All of which I predicted over a month ago. Nothng is going to change it until we reach the Superbowl....and if we happen to lose there, these *******s will look you right in the eye and tell you "they told you so".....with a straight face. :rolleyes:

Well you are probably right about this one, but I think that was true from day one of the season, nothing short of another 2007 would have saved us from that. Unfortunately its an easy story and the percentage play. and if the mediots are wrong not a lot people are going to remember it.
So far Bill has been the master of getting motivation out of this things, so lets rather add this on the positive side.

I saw Cannon in on some running plays, but wasn't really focused on him.. And when I watched the 3 replays was yesterday during the game.. (DVRs are wonderful instruments)

Cannon did decently- he was RG on some run plays and RT on a few snaps, when Solder had to come out for being eligible. He didn't let anyone get near Brady but got blown up on the 2nd goal line situation (bad leverage) and this jammed Brian Waters and prevented him from being able to get to the 2nd level to block the scraping Will who got to BJGE, unchecked.

I think once he gets an entire off-season under his belt, he'll be a much better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back