PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts - 3 losses 4 points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea no clue what this thread is about, and all losses were pathetic, the team doesn't have a killer instinct at all.

There is NOTHING unfactual about what Supafly wrote.

While the 3 losses were all choke jobs down the stretch, they HAVE been in every game this season and are a very young team.

Supafly was actually agreeing with the OP's point (what you describe as "what this thread is about").

Maybe "yea" should pick your fights with posts espousing opinions with which you disagree instead of those merely stating facts.

***Unlike Ausbacker, you went off before even reading Supafly's follow-up post.

Last edited:
There is NOTHING unfactual about what Supafly wrote.

While the 3 losses were all choke jobs down the stretch, they HAVE been in every game this season and are a very young team.

Maybe "yea" should pick your fights with posts espousing opinions with which you disagree instead of those merely stating facts.

Pick what fight? sensitive much? We have no killer instinct, that is my opinion on these close losses.

Seriously, we should be in games with SEA and ARI, they are not contenders and have a very inferior offense. I don't see why that is anything worth pointing out.

He's only a MATH prick.

I'm a math and GRAMMAR prick.
Well clearly I'm a math dunce, or just someone who didn't bother to check the final scores and 6 just sounded like the right number. So pardon my lack of "research".....but I'd like to think I'm more a "big picture guy", so 6 points/4 points the point was that its far from the time to be nervous...concerned yes, nervous, no. The gap between the Pats 3-3 and the Jets 3-3 is cavernous....as we shall see this afternoon.

As far as being a grammar prick, Shmess, well I tend to write like I talk and to hell with the grammar consequences. And for those who remember me before spell check became a function....well lets just say that was ugly. ;)

Some stats I compiled this week:

(Buffalo game not included...full moon outlier)

-First half...Pats outscored opponent 85-40
-Second half...Pats were outscored 55-69
-4th quarter...Pats outscored 21-41
-Pats have scored ONE 4th quarter TD total in these 5 games
-Pats have surrendered five 4th quarter TDs in these 5 games

Up for debate:

Has the up-tempo no huddle offense gassed the offense late in games?
Has relying on core players playing close to 100% of the snaps been too much? On offense, Brady, the Oline, Gronk. On D... Mayo,Wilfork, McCourty, Jones and the safeties for that day.

Patriot historians....is this the most top heavy roster in Patriots history? I could be wrong, but the lack of substitutions throughout these games appears to be in sharp contrast to how the Patriots operated a decade earlier when depth was seen as a Patriot advantage?
All interesting points, Borgy. I'd love to argue them, but I can't. Once again it seems like most of the injuries are falling on the defensive side, where we have the fewer experienced players to overcome it.

Yet one has to ask the question if Gotkowski makes the FG vs AZ, and was allowed to kick one in the 2 scoreless ventures inside the Seattle 5 yd line, and Brady complete that 3rd down pass in Baltimore, are we having this kinds of anguished conversations. But those 3 plays didn't happen and here we are, stuck in the reality of 3-3 and wondering about how bad those 4th quarters look right now.

3 plays and 4 points. WHAT A GAME!

From Reiss:

Bill Belichick's New England Patriots are happy to live and die with their game-plan offense - ESPN Boston

Personally, I'm not a fan of becoming so one-dimensional even if the opposing defensive scheme and personnel does suggest moving things in one direction. For me, one-dimension means more predictable, which means easier to stop when it counts. And that happened last week.
Back in the "good old days" when we would generally rush for less that 4ypc and under a hundred yards per game, also known as the Antwaine Smith era, the Pats still had a very effective running game because they made a vast majority of their 3rd and shorts, and used a balance attack to punish defenses and clock management

It was far from a good rushing attack, but it was a very EFFECTIVE one within the confines of the "managed" offense the Pats were trying to run at the time. Sometimes I think Mayo, that we've gone too far away from that core philosophy in the effort to become so "week to week-centric".

And its not even a pass/run thing. I would have been happier and I think the offense would have been more effective if we had run the ball the same number of times, yet simply used the THREAT of the run more often. The fact is we HAVE a good running attack. The best one since 2004, and not to take advantage of it just isn't good football.

I can see going into the game with a pass first game plan, but when they saw that the run game was good enough to be effective, they could have at least used the THREAT of it more often. And I'm not saying we should go back to the "good old days" Those days are gone with the Polian rules . I'm just looking use the assets we have.

Last edited:
Yea no clue what this thread is about, and all losses were pathetic, the team doesn't have a killer instinct at all.

Yea, no clue what this post is about when OP clearly states in the third paragraph what this thread is about.

Actually, I bet that you will still have no clue what this thread is about even after you read the OP in full. ;)

Yea, no clue what this post is about when OP clearly states in the third paragraph what this thread is about.

Actually, I bet that you will still have no clue what this thread is about even after you read the OP in full. ;)

Seems like damage control, obviously the playoffs are uncertain whether 16-0 or 9-7, but the losses are ridiculous, just get some first downs and stop dancing around.

Its amazing how anything less than sugar coating gets posters here acting condescending, next I will be called a spoiled fan or something for giving a different opinion.

Last edited:
Seems like damage control, obviously the playoffs are uncertain whether 16-0 or 9-7, but the losses are ridiculous, just get some first downs and stop dancing around.

Its amazing how anything less than sugar coating gets posters here acting condescending

Spoken like a fan spoiled by success

Lol, always enjoy your posts. Love the posters correcting your math.

I get the biggest kick though out of the chicken littles that come out after a loss, or even a positive post. Some of their posts are a laugh riot. ;)

Well clearly I'm a math dunce, or just someone who didn't bother to check the final scores and 6 just sounded like the right number. So pardon my lack of "research".....but I'd like to think I'm more a "big picture guy", so 6 points/4 points the point was that its far from the time to be nervous...concerned yes, nervous, no. The gap between the Pats 3-3 and the Jets 3-3 is cavernous....as we shall see this afternoon.

As far as being a grammar prick, Shmess, well I tend to write like I talk and to hell with the grammar consequences. And for those who remember me before spell check became a function....well lets just say that was ugly. ;)

Let's hope we can all try for better grammar...unlike some Jets boards that we've seen.

Was just pulling your chain, buddy. Agre on all poitns, kKen! :D

The reasoning that they SHOULD be 6-0 and taking these losses with a little less concern is simply ridiculous IMO and I am getting tired of hearing that they SHOULD be this and SHOULD be that....it's not fantasy,it's reality boys.

The team is 3-3 and that is what matters,it doesn't matter if the team lost those games by a total of 4 points or they lost each game by 30 points.....the bottom line is they lost those games,nothing changes the record.

Getting blown out or not closing games leads to the same conclusion....it's a loss

It should also lead to the same concern,the team is lacking killer instinct at this time.

If the team goes 9-7 misses the playoffs and loses those games by a total of 10 points or they go 9-7 and get blown out each game.......who the fu(k is going to care what,who or how they lost? :rolleyes:

.......reality,boys...reality

Last edited:

Its amazing how anything less than sugar coating gets posters here acting condescending, next I will be called a spoiled fan or something for giving a different opinion.

Ha-hah! dude - you write that you have no idea what this thread is about and when called out, you respond that we are condescending. Really?

btw, do you even realize that Ken's post includes critical comments?

But how will you if you didn't even bother reading what he wrote and yet act high and mighty!

Guess you are worse than a spoilt fan: a dense and arrogant one. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back