PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts – The final edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ravens owned the LOS. Want proof.........
The Patriots had 15 3rd down plays. Of the 15 plays, Brady was in shot gun 14 times. The one play Brady was under center, he handed off to Ridley.

So let me rephrase this, of the fifteen 3rd plays, Brady was under center ONCE.

THEREFORE, NE attempted ZERO play action passes the entire game on 3rd down......ZERO. If this doesn't tell you they they conceded the LOS to Baltimore, I don't know what else to tell you.
And it's not like these 3rd downs were long yardage situations. Of the 15, there were two 3rd and one plays, SIX 3rd and two plays, and one 3rd and three play. Of those 9 third and short plays, only three runs (2 from shot gun) which netted one 1st down.

Give Baltimore credit for something. They owned the LOS and forced NE to show its hand on passing plays via the shot gun. At least to me, they forced NE to string together plays to move down field, essentially a normal NE defensive game plan that waits for an offense to shoot themselves in the foot.....which NE did. But I'm saying, because Baltimore owned the LOS, they dictated to NE what style they had to play (shot gun), and they could afford to be patient sitting on pass the entire time.
As NE fans, haven't we accepted that moving the ball between the 20's is of minor importance and that games get decided in the redzone. Giving NE props for their big yards misses the reality of what really happened out there. Baltimore forced Brady into shot gun, and the team couldn't execute from 35 yards in. But Baltimore could.

Edit....I'm going to give props to Tony Masserati who stated before the game that NE would have to score some longer TDs because they couldn't handle Baltimore's squeeze close in. How right was he. Without play action or a big Gronk target, NE was futile in close. And the other problem, NE didn't have the long play personnel to compete vs Balt. either.
You maybe right but pats got spooked and started believing in balt more than themselves. Those 3rd downs in BAL territory, any other team or game they wouldve played like it was 4 down territory. 3rd and 2 , assume its 4 down territory. They didnt, they played conservative , played into the ravens hands and lost.

You maybe right but pats got spooked and started believing in balt more than themselves. Those 3rd downs in BAL territory, any other team or game they wouldve played like it was 4 down territory. 3rd and 2 , assume its 4 down territory. They didnt, they played conservative , played into the ravens hands and lost.
That foxhole...

Just watched the game again and I am amazed at how bad the Pats played. That was their game to win. They lost it. Bad drops by everyone. Bad decisions by Brady. And poor defense in the second half until the end.

This just was not the Pats year. Just too bad. Everything that could have gone wrong did.

The Pats played hard and fought till the end. Love this team and can't wait till next year. Go Pats!!!!!

BB has consistently punted to gain field position on the edge of FG range, when behind, tied or with a small lead. That is nothing new or different.
And with that wind a FG wasn't realistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back