PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idiot Troy Vincent Pulls an MCI and Gets CRUSHED on his Own Twitter Page!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually such internet trolling is merely a sad commentary on the state of our society. That said, when such trolling calls out "untouchables" like Vincent and Mort for their unethical behavior, it feels both righteous and satisfying. I think Roger and his band of idiots picked the wrong fanbase to eff over a second time.

I wonder how random these randomly selected games will be? Every northern game before thanksgiving?

I assumed footballs would only be measured from games in Miami, San Diego, Phoenix and teams that play in domed stadiums

I assumed footballs would only be measured from games in Miami, San Diego, Phoenix and teams that play in domed stadiums

But, the Ideal Gas Law says that balls inflated at an air conditioned 75 deg. room will gain pressure when you take them into warmer weather.

Only in domes where the temperature is consistent throughout the stadium will the balls not lose or gain pressure.

These idiots don't even know that if you drop this gauge it goes out of calibration, and they throw it in a official's gym bag!

I swear they must have worded and laid out a ball process just to troll us. They can't be this stupid.
This my problem with this whole thing. The league made such a big goddamn deal about ball pressure and the measures that they are putting in place are half-baked. Whats even worse is the way they are communicating the process and procedures is absent of complete control and accountability which is IMO by design. They are intentionally leaving room for a fall guy and plausible deniability.

It's disgusting, frankly and consistent with this league's track record.

This my problem with this whole thing. The league made such a big goddamn deal about ball pressure and the measures that they are putting in place are half-baked. Whats even worse is the way they are communicating the process and procedures is absent of complete control and accountability which is IMO by design. They are intentionally leaving room for a fall guy and plausible deniability.

What is the point in bringing the balls back to the official's room? I can understand that the league wants to be sure that each team has 12 balls that are ready to use a couple of hours before kickoff. I mean this is easy.

1.- 2 hours before game footballs are examined by ref, numbered, measured and logged in with room temp noted. Balls are then brought to the field by ref along with same gauge.

2. -15min prior to kickoff balls are checked and logged in, and adjusted as needed to qb spec by same ref. to eliminate gauge R&R

3. - line item 2 repeated at 1/2 time

4. - line item 2 repeated at the conclusion of game- minus (needed) adjustment

Instead of field goal competitions or other such entertainment at half time, the Patriots should have 10 balls on a table outside, having been set at 12.5. Then at half time take the readings of the 10 balls one at the time with the results flashing on the big screen how much the balls have deflated by, then all 10 are added together then all the correct answers from the crowd are placed in a pot for which is then drawn with one winner (8 home game winners) during the 3rd and 4th QTR tunrnaround.. winners to visit Nasa's space walking experience where there is no air.

They have outlined a process such as a conman would design rather than one an engineer or scientist would want. They have left all sorts of opportunities for 3-card monty sleights of hand, ensuring, as well, that there is no proper audit trail.

One, indeed, must ask are they that stupid or do they think we are?

Can we stop making threads about people getting "owned" when a bunch of Pats fans angrily reply to some anti-Pats figure's tweets? He doesn't even acknowledge them, we don't even have proof that his eyes even graced these replies. It's like people who write to the President and think they made a difference.

Can we stop making threads about people getting "owned" when a bunch of Pats fans angrily reply to some anti-Pats figure's tweets? He doesn't even acknowledge them, we don't even have proof that his eyes even graced these replies. It's like people who write to the President and think they made a difference.
Come on...we're like a rabid group of starving piranha and he just jumped into our lake.

As for taking measurements, I said it the first time...they'll control the temperatures and/or results. unless they are testing all conditions (especially those on the field during colder temps) and completely independent, it will all be a farce. They don't deserve my trust and this administration isn't moral enough or have the integrity to earn it back.

If only they would admit their guilt would we be able to start the process :D.

What is the point in bringing the balls back to the official's room? I can understand that the league wants to be sure that each team has 12 balls that are ready to use a couple of hours before kickoff. I mean this is easy.

1.- 2 hours before game footballs are examined by ref, numbered, measured and logged in with room temp noted. Balls are then brought to the field by ref along with same gauge.

2. -15min prior to kickoff balls are checked and logged in, and adjusted as needed to qb spec by same ref. to eliminate gauge R&R

3. - line item 2 repeated at 1/2 time

4. - line item 2 repeated at the conclusion of game- minus (needed) adjustment

That was exactly my thought. It is my understanding that the league has produced a chart that accurately (within reason) predicts the PSI of a ball once it has been transitioned from one climate/temperature to another based on a 20 minute acclimation period. If the allowable variance from the original measurement is X, then they are good to go. Will the backup balls be the control group? What is the standard? What is the baseline? Why introduce an unnecessary step into the testing procedure?

I can see it now. At 1/2 time the refs and NFL Security are all going to sit there, drinking coffee and wait 20 minutes for all 24 of the ball's PSI to re-acclimate to the new environment? Are they serious with this process?

It is beyond stupid. They have absolutely no idea how to guarantee and accurate testing exercise.

As of right now I have zero confidence in the NFL executing this program effectively with the desired result.

I hope Berman includes in his decision the following statement:"The NFL clearly did not understand the effects of the Ideal Gas Laws in this situation."
Simple...concise.....devastating.

I don't use twitter, but if you think that the people who do, go and post something and then don't look at the responses, I am pretty sure you are wrong. Nobody who posts such think they make a difference- they post to respond to that community. When I post here and get notified that I was quoted I certainly look at the response, it is pretty much human nature. And what do you mean "anti-pats" ? He is a league official, who read or oversaw an update to a rule, which is not a solution to a issue that the league said they have a problem with. He based his punishment of Brady based on a report whose scientific findings is something that he can not understand. It is abhorrent to fans that something for which draft picks and fines were levied are treated so caviler by the league office.

So what happens if a ball is intercepted in the first half and the player wants to keep it. Do the officials confiscate it? What happens if, after a TD in the first half, a player hands the ball to a fan? Do they send someone into the crowd to take it away from the fan for testing?

After reading through Shmessy's link for a while, I have an urge for a cigarette! :D

Man, I feel GOOD!!

They have outlined a process such as a conman would design rather than one an engineer or scientist would want. They have left all sorts of opportunities for 3-card monty sleights of hand, ensuring, as well, that there is no proper audit trail.

One, indeed, must ask are they that stupid or do they think we are?

Its so disheartening. This is the governing body of professional football we are talking about here. Deflategate exposed them for not having their act together. While it sucks for us, it happens. I can accept people making mistakes or not thinking ball pressure is a big deal. Thats been the culture for 90 years and thats ok. But when THEY make it a big deal and drop $5m on an investigation, you assume that they are serious about this and that they really do care about getting this process right. You would think that they would bring in industry-leading operational & logistic experts and physicists to collaborate with and come up with a simple, repeatable, foolproof (yes...foolproof for these clowns) process that instills customer confidence and guarantees accurate measurements. You would think that they would be a bit more thorough and accountable. From what I have read, this has way too many failure points.

This thing that Vincent sent out.....this is nothing more than makeup on a pig.

Last edited:
But, the Ideal Gas Law says that balls inflated at an air conditioned 75 deg. room will gain pressure when you take them into warmer weather.

Only in domes where the temperature is consistent throughout the stadium will the balls not lose or gain pressure.
Thats only a part of the IGL equation. Barometric pressure and friction to the surface of the ball are also variables that need to be accounted for.

It is highly possible that the measurement of air pressure indoors will be different than outdoors. Depends on HVAC, etc and other factors. What if the HVAC system has some humidity-control capability and that is only for indoors? Moisture also is a factor in IGL formula.

I bet some idiot NFL Security guy is going to go to DEFCON 1 on another team (hopefully the Jets, Colts or Ravens) because he can't read goddamn gauge or flunked 9th grade science.

This is a train wreck waiting to happen.

Last edited:
Come on let us have some fun even though it may be imaginary give us something since him and his cronies is basing deflategate upon imaginary falsehoods anyways.

I don't use twitter, but if you think that the people who do, go and post something and then don't look at the responses, I am pretty sure you are wrong. Nobody who posts such think they make a difference- they post to respond to that community. When I post here and get notified that I was quoted I certainly look at the response, it is pretty much human nature. And what do you mean "anti-pats" ? He is a league official, who read or oversaw an update to a rule, which is not a solution to a issue that the league said they have a problem with. He based his punishment of Brady based on a report whose scientific findings is something that he can not understand. It is abhorrent to fans that something for which draft picks and fines were levied are treated so caviler by the league office.

He might look, you're probably right there, but it's pretty easy to ignore the haters when you're in a position of power like his. And it's not officials we hound on Twitter, it's the anti-Patriots officials. Vincent is a piece of **** and I hate his guts, and maybe the point is more to let some steam off than to make a difference, but I just hope no one thinks we're getting our picks back because of negative feedback on the internet. Not that anyone would.

He might look, you're probably right there, but it's pretty easy to ignore the haters when you're in a position of power like his. And it's not officials we hound on Twitter, it's the anti-Patriots officials. Vincent is a piece of **** and I hate his guts, and maybe the point is more to let some steam off than to make a difference, but I just hope no one thinks we're getting our picks back because of negative feedback on the internet. Not that anyone would.
Regardless of how powerful you are, you can't ignore the truth when you're actively trying to obscure it.

Thats only a part of the IGL equation. Barometric pressure and friction to the surface of the ball are also variables that need to be accounted for. . . .

[Science teacher mode]
The IGL says P = nRT/V. The only things it cares about are amount of gas, temperature, and volume. Everything else is irrelevant for the IGL . . . which is why it's an approximation. In fact, it's in the name: the ideal gas law gives the pressure an ideal gas would have for those conditions.

The outside pressure and friction, among other things, have no effect on the IGL. They may factor into calculating the real pressure, but not into the pressure an ideal gas would have in that scenario.
[/Science teacher mode]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey