Welcome to PatsFans.com

Idea to Destroy Financial Giants

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Apr 30, 2012.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

Ok, I'd bet most Americans are sick & tired of our financial industry. From the reckless manner in which they went about their business knowing taxpayers would bail them out to the frikkn arrogant way they continue to charge 20%+ interest rates on credit cards when Uncle Sam is loaning them money for next to nothing.

So if you're like me and would like to see corporations like Bank of America destroyed, then stop borrowing money from them and using their credit cards.

I realize many of us have mortgages and there's not much we can do about them. But want gets me is that so many of us yak negatively about our financial companies and then many go out and thoughtlessly use their credit cards for their "free stuff".

The only way to "send them a message" is to stop using their services. And if you don't care about sending a message, then you're one of "them"!:D
  2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

...read the headline too quick. I though this was gonna be about the Pats beating the Giants using the salary cap:singing:
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  3. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,236 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

OK, let's see if "you're one of them":

The Huffington Post and the Congressional Progressive Caucus has been running a campaign about this for the past 3 years.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/bank-of-america/

http://blog.buzzflash.com/node/13128

In the meantime, guys like THIS ONE supports your "criminals":

http://west.house.gov/index.php?opt...owner-event&catid=86:upcoming-events&Itemid=2

"Special Bank of America Homeowner Event PDF | Print |
    Click Here for a Special Bank of America Homeowner Event

Clicar aquí para un especial del Banco de América Propietarios de eventos"

4. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,236 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

Life ain't so clear cut and simple, is it?

A more ironic thread title, from a more ironic thread originator could not have been possible.
  5. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

Thread authors are never the topic...so why would you go there bro?

What is your opinion on making a concerted effort to hurt the corp. financial world?
  6. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

Glad to report I am not one of "them"....
  7. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,236 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

If you can't see the irony in this thread, then I can't help you. :D :D :D

C'mon, dude step back for a second and enjoy the moment. This IS one of the funniest things I've seen on this site in a while.
  8. Why?PJ

Why?PJ Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i can only shake my head. yea try and hurt the banks that have all our money. Good idea...

Maybe you could aim that hatred at the government, where it belongs, because they are the ones that make the laws that allow the banks to do what they do?
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Blame whomever you want, but the argument gets cyclical as the bank/business lobbyists influence the legislators who make the rules... so not sure what comes first.

The numero uno step is to take the money/influence out of politics.. time and time again the american public have overwhelmingly supported a regulation just to see it shot down, because the voice of the lobbyist is more important than the voice of the voter..
  10. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Darryl - It's a PED and Drug test situation...

1.Government comes out with Regulation.
    2.Banks comply.
    3.Issues result.
    4.People demand change.
    5.Government puts out more regulations.
    6.Banks Lose Money.
    7.Bank comes up with new product/rate ideas to recoup their losses.
    8.New Products and rates are bought by consumer. Raising revenue for banks, while new products/rates fall outside the fingers of the new regulations which "created them".
    9.Consumer unhappy with new situation.
    10. Government gets involved again.

Repeat steps 5-10 perpetually.
  11. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And who do you think runs the government???

I love that people have no clue what they are mad at, you do know that the Government is not some secret place with secret people. Its made up of Americans!!!

When you say be mad at the government, what your really saying is be mad at the people of this nation.....Be mad at the rich and powerful that run the show! Be mad at your neighbor for voting for his/her self interests and not putting country first.

Bottom line is, government isn't the problem........people are.......:bricks:
  12. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +399 / 4 / -10

naahhhh......its both

people are selfish and lazy. and the government caters to that
  13. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You like a lot of other people, treat government and people like they are different entities, they're not!!! They're the same thing, the people make up the government....we all vote them in.

If your mad at the government, your really mad at the people.....its not really hard to understand, when you and others ***** and moan over the government what your really *****ing at is the people of this nation, who run the government!!!

Edit: The government can't run without people, hence government=people. People write the laws not the government, people steal and lie not the government.
  14. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

If we could all get off using credit cards as they're somthing beneficial to us (which they are not), then we'd be making huge progress as a society and economically.
  15. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's why the best thing to do is nationalize the banks....lending money should not be a money making business same with healthcare!

Its really sad when they can borrow money and near 0% and then turn around and charge the rest of us 5-25% interest, its sad that people can make money off of money, its lazy and pathetic.

Edit: We are all gonna continue to borrow too, with rising gas prices,food and healthcare, its only going to get worse.....Rich get richer and the rest of us stay poor and in debt.
  16. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

Keep up with personal comments honey....

Do you prefer Americans HELP the financial industry again?

If you'd like see rage in America, then all we need is Obama to tell us he's going to bail out the financial industry again!

That aint gonna happen again without violence in our streets.

We get some idiots like Geitner trying to tell the American people that taxpayers have made money on Tarp funds when the fact is, we're losing our shirts.
  17. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,236 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

Nothing personal at all.

It is 100% about the SUBSTANCE of your thread last week regarding Allen West and the Congressional Progressive Caucas.

Now THIS thread is all about you agreeing with what the Congressional Progressive Caucus does and stands for on this matter and completely opposing who Allen West is in cahoots with.

It's very ironic and funny. If you don't see the obvious humor and irony in that, that's your issue.

Nothing about you, just about your confused points.

Maybe that Commie threat isn't all it's cracked up to be. Sorry if that hits a sensitive nerve. No need to get defensive, it has nothing to do with you personally. It's just good, clean comedy! :D :D :D
  18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

This thread is mindful of a conversation that might be held amongst the 99%'er... occupy the financial giants..
  19. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Happy, can you explain the bolded part further?

I'm just curious as to the particulars of your opinion. Why shouldn't someone who lends another money, be it a bank or a person, not make money of the lendee? Isnt the lender forgoing their use of the funds being lent? Shouldn't that cost something?

D
  20. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Private entities(self) that loan money should be able to make money off of money, Banks on the other hand shouldn't be able too.

Pretty much, myself can loan you money and charge you a % of interest, Banks shouldn't be able to.

See I don't get to borrow money at 0% interest then turn around and sell it to you for a 5-25% markup, its not fair.....Banks can do this, so the rules should be different. That's why its ok for myself to loan you money as a Private entitie but not a Bank, since the bank plays by a different set of rules.

Banks shouldn't be able to make money off of money, being a Bank shouldn't be a money making business, it should be about coming out even! Loan as much as you can to people, so that they can start a bizz or go to college then charge them for the loan only, maybe a few fees for the process but nothing big.

Its wrong to borrow money at 0% then turn around and lend it back out at a higher %, there is no work involved its lazy and wrong. If I lend you money I sure in the hell ant getting it a 0%.....If a bank can go to the government and borrow money at 0% so should of the rest of us be able too!!!!