Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Reading Gerry Callahan's hilarious and cathartic "BB Rant":

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/pat...ticleid=156521

(Thank you MoLewisRocks, btw, for pointing it out) It gave me an idea for possibly a permanent sticky on the board.

Because BB press conferences are sooooooo boring and usually fruitless, wouldn't it be kind of funny to have a thread that "translates" his most recent press conference? We could have it as a creative writing/humor competition that could liven up the daily BB info pull.

The rules could be that it has to be on subject to what BB said that day and closely approximate the subjects he touched upon - - but in the way we think he REALLY FEELS. Because it would take place the day of his presser it would be continually topical and fresh.

OK, maybe this idea is stupid, and I'm just goony at the moment but let me know what ya think.

shmessy said:
it has to be on subject to what BB said that day and closely approximate the subjects he touched upon - - but in the way we think he REALLY FEELS.

I think that would mean an awful lot of asterisks!

shmessy said:
Reading Gerry Callahan's hilarious and cathartic "BB Rant":

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/pat...ticleid=156521

(Thank you MoLewisRocks, btw, for pointing it out) It gave me an idea for possibly a permanent sticky on the board.

Because BB press conferences are sooooooo boring and usually fruitless, wouldn't it be kind of funny to have a thread that "translates" his most recent press conference? We could have it as a creative writing/humor competition that could liven up the daily BB info pull.

The rules could be that it has to be on subject to what BB said that day and closely approximate the subjects he touched upon - - but in the way we think he REALLY FEELS. Because it would take place the day of his presser it would be continually topical and fresh.

OK, maybe this idea is stupid, and I'm just goony at the moment but let me know what ya think.

Maybe it's the third glass of wine..but I like the idea

patchick said:
I think that would mean an awful lot of asterisks!
This shows a serious lask of creativity, even Ron Borges can channel BB without asterisks. :snob:

;)

shmessy, where do we find the time between grousing about players and talking smack about upcoming opponents, it seems hopeless....

In the interest of encouraging satire, I present this article:
Scary storylines abound as NFL season opens

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5937548

So, instead of tackling the softer issues, I'm here to investigate the NFL's potential for terrifying outcomes. While your interpretation of terror may differ from mine, we all can agree that the league is up to here with scare potential.

Anyway, in no particular order, the following list identifies the horror storylines we should follow on the road to Super Bowl XLI:
-----
Carolina Panthers cheerleaders are required to sign a waiver that forbids anything beyond shaking hands in a public restroom. This decision absolutely terrifies married men who follow the NFL and radio talk-show hosts.
-----
In a move that scares the life out of fans across the country, ESPN offers a contract extension to color analyst Joe Theismann.
-----
Instead of purchasing wrist watches to reward the play of his offensive linemen, Arizona Cardinals running back Edgerrin James buys out their contracts.
-----
Ben Roethlisberger is chosen as the cover model for Madden '08.
-----
Endorsement powerhouse John Madden agrees to suit up for a series of commercials promoting Under Armour. Mental images created by the press release launch a petition drive that kills the ads before they can be filmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes