PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'd love to send #28 + Asante to Washington...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean LaRon Williams? He is not exactly great in coverage. Sean Taylor and Roy Williams is what you would be getting...ORRRRRR Brandon Merritweather and Reggie Nelson could be Ed Reed.:)

I would take a Sean Taylor any day.

Here is a thought I just had. Going on the facts that Belichick tends to not draft LB high, we just acquired 3 WR, and we re-signed a few OL which seems to point into us going a different direction in round one, it seems like DB is a likely candidate for Round 1. Of course someone like Carriker could fall and change that up, or we could pick Leonard, but for all intensive purposes lets stay on DB. If we trade Asante for a 1st this year, would our Defensive Backfield be stronger drafting say 2 CBs and 1 S? I wouldn't mind a Darrelle Revis/Chris Houston/Brandon Merriweather (or whichever Safety you feel fits the Pats best) first round. Do you think this would make our team better?

Good corners are a coveted thing. You could get a Asante for a first round pick straight up. I would not "throw in" anything.

Last edited:
I'd rather have seen the Pats win the last SB than have Seattle's pick in the draft, but it looked like Branch was going to hold out for 10 games, so the FO did the right thing.

I'd rather see the Pats win next year's SB than have a pick for Samuel. The difference is that Samuel will not hold out. He's not in the last year of his rookie contract, earning rookie money like Branch. A hold out would cost him 5 million dollars.

I wouldn't want some unproven rookie for Samuel next year. The rookie might be better in 2008, but that won't get you a 2007 ring.

Boston Tim

Remix 6

Troll?

BTW, Washington was willing to send #6 to Chicago for Briggs and #31. Asante and #28 for #6 seems plausible in that light. If you stop and think about it first, that is...

Cousin,
Question? I don't want to see the Pats with another side show this summer. Cut out the rotten spot. But....Why would anyone want to send an established CB (or LB) to Washington just for moving up to a #6 in the draft? All drafts are a crap shoot. This one is no exception. In fact it's very weak. Who's to say a Landry is worth more than a Nelson or a Griffin or a Wendling in the long run a few years down the road. What was our net then? We moved up like 20 spots in exchange for a decent starting CB? Then we had to spend a number 28? Wrong.
It must be a value for a value. I see why the Bears balked. I know the Skins don't have many choices, but how about a McIntosh or a Rogers plus the move up the ladder? Now that makes sense. Or even a number one in 2008, plus a Rogers. They just got Macklin. I think CB is not a great need for them but if they still want Assante fine, but I would still think Rogers can be salvaged.
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye