Welcome to PatsFans.com

"I'd like to teach the world to sing...."

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Jun 25, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +343 / 3 / -13

"....in perfect harmony" blah, blah, blah.

I remember how that song made me feel when it came out way back when. It gave me that Kumbaya feeling about peace, love and all things good. No doubt the world will always have a need for such thoughts and plans...

BUT NOW IS NOT THE TIME

I've been pretty liberal all my life and supported tax funded programs to help those in need here in America and abroad...but now is not the time.

I'm sure we still have some who feel we should be giving to other nations in need and are maybe thinking, "why not? We're wealthiest nation on earth."

Well guess what folks? We are no longer the wealthiest nation AND if we don't take care of ourselves, we'll never have the money to HELP anyone. And the engine that makes America work is our economy, not printing fake money to make Kumbaya a reality.

We need to stop now and accept that we are in grave danger despite the false statements about "things looking brighter on the horizon". If you really believe that, then you're in for a rude awakening.

"Yes we can" is a great slogan, but now is not the time to use it to start sweeping changes that require huge increases in funding. America is broke folks...accept it.

If any of us were as broke and were sending money over-seas and altruistically attempting to fund dreams that can never be, we'd be called fools. There is no "New" way to fix the economy. The only way it can return to health is to allow it to reset itself. However long that may take.

Personally, I'd like to teach Americans to accept now is the time for pragmatism and responsibility instead of some "feel-good" song or slogan.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009