Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
...Lional Dalton.

Just released by the Chiefs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2621335

Good Vince Wilfork insurance. An experienced two-gap nose tackle who could give big Vince a few plays off from time to time. He was making less than a mil this season, so he'd probably come cheap.

I can't think of a better option for that last roster spot than some defensive depth at a key position.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, I think they are ok with LK Smith otherwise they wouldn't have dropped Sullivan. I would rather bring in a CB, maybe Derrick Strait ( http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2621051 ) or one of the guys they had in for workouts. I am not sold on Scott/Spann as our backups or nickel backs.

cstjohn17 said:
Sounds interesting, I think they are ok with LK Smith otherwise they wouldn't have dropped Sullivan. I would rather bring in a CB, maybe Derrick Strait ( http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2621051 ) or one of the guys they had in for workouts. I am not sold on Scott/Spann as our backups or nickel backs.

The fact that Straight was dropped in favor of Poteat in NY by a team that runs a simular scheme is probably not a good sign that he'd do well here. Speculation, but on a sound basis, I'd think.

Though Straight is a KR, right?

As for the thread point: Dalton.. Isn't he older than dirt?

Last edited:
He's 31 years old.

Mooch said:
He's 31 years old.
Not as old as I thought, but still up there.

If the Pats sign him it'd be for the depth factor as stated. But if he's not (which I figure he won't be) then I guess they're happy with the DT/DEs they have beign able to fill in should Wilfork go down or need a breather.

I didn't think Dalton was a 3-4 NT type. I seem to remember him as a tweener OLB/DE in Baltimore. I did like him but don't see a fit with the Pats.

The Strait deal is strange. He was traded then when the trade was cancelled he was a backup then he started two games and got cut. There must be a story there.

Strait is probably damaged goods. He was taken in the 2nd round right? Why else would a team cut a high draft pick except he's a bust or he's injured or both. The Pats could use more DB depth though. You can tell when Troy Brown is starting back there... How badly hurt is Hobbs?

Dalton, eh? I though he'd be bigger...

The Texans signed him today.

pats1 said:
The Texans signed him today.
Good. You'd think folks haven't been paying attention to the line play. Mike Wright is a solid replacement for Vince if needed and young LeKevin had the hustle you desire in preseason play. Even if folks didn't think that was enough, rotating Seymour inside with Green at DE would still get the job done. :singing:

not sold on scott..he started and has done well. spann on other hand i agree

Box_O_Rocks said:
Good. You'd think folks haven't been paying attention to the line play. Mike Wright is a solid replacement for Vince if needed and young LeKevin had the hustle you desire in preseason play. Even if folks didn't think that was enough, rotating Seymour inside with Green at DE would still get the job done. :singing:

Plus we have S. Thomas on the PS. I thought he had a solid pre-season and can play DE or DT.

bunzoburns said:
Dalton, eh? I though he'd be bigger...

ROADHOUSE!

nice pick-up.....bunzoburns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back