Not open for further replies.

Joker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
FrankMoga
Veteran

Free Agency/off season moves so far in the AFC East
Folks, what do you all think of the young off season/free agency period thus far?

Overall, I think the Jets have made the biggest jumps. We got a Superbowl coach in Eric Mangini. We saved ourselves a few pennies on the "penny" contract (no pun intended). We signed a potential probowl LB in Matt Chatham. We cut Kevin Mawae and saved some money on the cap. We indeed are getting younger and more atheltic on the front line. You have to overall love these moves. Our cap is one of the best in the league. We can get a franchise QB this season in case Pennigton does not make it back to his usual status. We are not overpaying for free agents, and have been very shrewed with FA dealings and contracts. I think we will sign A. Chapman for some nice WR depth, and if you think about it...a healthy Pennington lobbing bombs to L. Coles, J. Mcareins, J. Cotchery, and A. Chapman would be quite nice and fruitful for a possible playoff season.

Contrast our moves with the following:

Dolphins - Quite arguably the laughing stock of the NFL offseason so far. They lose out on All pro QB like Drew Brees to a team ravaged by a hurricane, who is short on talent, and coming off of a 3-13 disastrous season who is largely devoid of any talent. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU ABOUT WHAT DREW BREES and his agent think of Miami and Nick Saban? That is a ringing endorsement of what they think of the Dolphins. Daunte Culpeeper is a complete joke. The guy had major reconstructive surgery and he cannot even put full weight on that knee yet. He won't even take a snap untill mid season )late October likely). They are left with Cleo Lemon and Gus Ferrote at QB (LMFAO)......they also OVERPAID for some stiff DB from Oakland named Renaldo Hill. I will go on the record and say they don't win 5 games this season. They are a joke and their fans have no clue...absolutely clueless. Why Nick Saban is such a media darling is beyond me. Eric Mangini has at least a few SB rings to show for his credentials.

Patsies - Losing talent by the boatload. Lost starters Willie Mcginest, David Givens, Matt Chatham, and Adam Vinaterri.....SO FAR. More to come. Their RUN is OVER. O----V------E-----R...nuff said

Bills - Another joke. They have a disgruntled WR in Eric Moulds who will need to be cut. JP Lossman has been a colossal Failure thus far. They have a new coaching staff with NO playoff or SB experience. They hired Marv Levy who is older than the invention of the forward pass. They have an owner who is a moron....Need I go on. Willis Macghaee is disgruntled and wants a trade (wpn't happen). Their O-line absolutely sucks, and they have not done a thing to improve it. NOT A THING.

So, who would you grade as the top AFC East team thus far in free agency?

NEED I SAY MORE. Things are very good in Jet land folks....very good indeed.

FM III

Frank is the star poster of the Jets Insider board and a fascinating look inside the head of Homer Jet Fan every time he makes a post

Matt Chatham...future All Pro....heh...the best

Can't wait to see all those bombs ol' Noodlearm is going to throw myself-----

I love reading stuff like that, it makes me feel smart.

We signed a potential
:blahblah: probowl LB in Matt Chatham:blahblah:
IS CHATAM :rofl: AMAZIONG???

I liked Chatam as much as the next Pats Fan but Holy BaJesus!!!

Frank:
Ty Law is an amaziong player

FRANK MOGA....LOL CHECK IT OUT..SPELLING B CHAMP. MAKE SURE TO READ THE WHOLE PAGE!!!

I am absolutely loving all of the fan fare and proprs we are getting for the Ty Law signing. It is on all of the news sports stations and it is all people are talkign about. I f-ing love it. Everyone is giving Herm and Co props for making this move. The other 5 teams that passed on him have to be crying in their drinks tonight. Noone had the gumption and ball$ to sack up and sign Law. The guy is arguably the best CB in the whole league and we got em cheap. Reportedly he was in such great shape and Herm was sold on him from others who have seen him working out at full speed. I love the fact that we didn't horse around making him do some workout. That sometimes can be insulting to players, and I think this is where Herm helped us here. All of the other teams made Law work out and NONE of them were able to sign him. Herm gave this guy the respect he deserves and we got em. Anyone who gives herm ***** from here on out is going to have a problem with me..I promise you that.
OKAY CORRADO WHERE'S MALENGA WHEN YOU NEED HIM?

Last edited:
Matt Chatham is a pro bowl LB? LMFAO.

Damn, beaten to it by SECONDS!

Last edited:
Improving 200% on their win total last year only brings them to 9-7.

Decreasing our win total by 16% only brings us down to 10-6.

We still win.

Not scientific numbers. Just want to make the point that it's a lot easier to improve on total crap, than it is to improve playoff caliber teams. So, yeah, I'll give the Jets the title of best first week of free agency in the Big East. They give out a trophy for that, don't they?

LMAO here, Joker..... Great stuff! :rocker:

Chatham was a starter with us???

F.B.N. said:
We signed a potential

:blahblah: probowl LB in Matt Chatham:blahblah:
IS CHATAM :rofl: AMAZIONG???

I liked Chatam as much as the next Pats Fan but Holy BaJesus!!!

Frank:

FRANK MOGA....LOL CHECK IT OUT..SPELLING B CHAMP. MAKE SURE TO READ THE WHOLE PAGE!!!

OKAY CORRADO WHERE'S MALENGA WHEN YOU NEED HIM?
OMG that is a riot! I love the poster named Patriot Power with that pic of BB in the kelly green, a huge pic of the three rings and BB's resignation! hahaha and they still call him Belly! Too fricken funny! They were funnier when they signed Mangini, the guys on JI were treating him like the second coming of Lombardi......calling him Eric the Green

Classic! This guy is destined for legend.

His last name could become a verb on our messageboard.

i.e. "What a disaster yesterday's Borges article was. Errors throughout, and he completely Moga'd the salary cap information".

shmessy said:
Classic! This guy is destined for legend.

His last name could become a verb on our messageboard.

i.e. "What a disaster yesterday's Borges article was. Errors throughout, and he completely Moga'd the salary cap information".

Can we make that term a standard here:
MOGA'D I love it...great post.

Last edited:
That's hilarious. But you gotta handed it to those Jets fans. They're strong in the off season, strong at the start of the season and by the time November comes along they're back to Just End The Season once again. :D

Last season when the Jets were half in the tank, Moga berated all Jet fans for giving up and he laid out ten reasons why the Jets were STILL going to win the AFC and go to the Super Bowl...it was like an Animal House scene after that....most hilarious thread I've read in years

as you can see, Frank is ramping up for the season already....just wait til September rolls around...the scary thing is he's the III, which means there's a couple of older Mogas out there too...heh

Looks like the Jests are driving for another AFCE off season championship. Too bad the SB isn't awarded in March.

I Love You in "KONKANI".... Tu magel moga cho.

I've got to go drop a "MOGA" in the bowl and take a shower....BRB.

F.B.N. said:
Can we make that term a standard here:
MOGA'D I love it...great post.
Ditto. That's farking beautiful. We need to add that to our common vernacular around here.

Joker said:
...it was like an Animal House scene after that....

" Moga Moga Moga Moga" - John Belushi

"....with Penny throwing bombs...."

Randel-El has a better arm! I often thought of Chatham as a pro-bowlerr, I thought it was a HUGE MISTAKE to start Bruschi over him all these years............

The only thing the Jets are playing for is the #1 pick in the 2007 NFL draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing