Welcome to PatsFans.com

IBM: Layoffs In US But Outsources To India

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Leave No Doubt, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

2. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

IBM to Cut U.S. Jobs, Expand in India - WSJ.com
  3. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Gotta love that ,Good Job USA! Keep letting these companys get away with whatever they want, cause money is all that matters anymore..............
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +189 / 7 / -23

Rotten Bastards..somehow this will be Obama's fault.. nothing to do with greed or bottom line.
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

If you have a war on business they will relocate (if possible) to locations where they are wanted and not seen as evil...

Not complicated. The US has had high corp taxes and the current administration is declaring war on capitalism,why would anyone be suprised. The current administration didn't start this they are going to make it far worse with their war on business.
  6. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Exactly, there's really nothing "partisan" about it. People so need to move past that and stop polarizing everything,or trying to :rolleyes:

The real "bottom line" is that it's sad to see this once blue-chip icon of our country head out to foreign soil. From a business standpoint it's probably a very wise move on their part, unfortunately. They didn't become what they are due to a lack of foresight.

Sort of along those lines: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/27/business/27tax.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  7. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

it is the fault of the democratic party.........and obama is part of that party, so he is to blame for much of this.........

what do you want them to do? pay extra just because the dems say so?

look at the first word of the name of the company......say it with me.......'INTERNATIONAL'

I would do the exact same thing because there is absolutely no motivation to do otherwise
  8. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

it is sad.......but the worst part about it is the government could be doing something about it instead of nailing these companies to a wall
  9. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +291 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Wasn't Obama going to stop this kind of thing and protect American jobs ? I know moves like this were Bush's fault until January :rolleyes:
  10. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Doing what exactly? Lower US wages so we compare to a third world country? I think we're already moving along nicely in that regard actually. Aren't you getting a little tired of govt intervention? I know I am.

You want small govt yet when trouble strikes people start screaming for the "govt to DO something":cool:

JMHO but I think this govt's doing quite a bit,unfortunately. And nothing that's happening now would be possible without Bush's contributions. He left this country ripe for anything and everything Obama's team is doing. Nothing Obama's doing could've happened without the events and governances of the last 8 years. Obama's moving with the speed of light tho and just like the Bush years,much of it flies under the mainstream headlines.

IBM quietly laid off 5,000-no fuss no muss. It's just gone.
  11. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Don't worry, that won't change just because it's not January.
  12. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

He must have meant GOVT jobs:singing: Or maybe he considers Mandated Volunteerism to be "jobs" cuz they're paid a stipend LOL.
  13. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

you are right......I do want small government and I don't care who is screaming

actually, to me its not what the government is doing so much as what the government should stop doing that burdens unduly burdens businesses.......like double taxing any profits distributed to employees