PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

IAN - Something wrong with the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownfan80

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I've been using the site since the switch (Sep 2004) with the Firefox browser.. But here lately it's been going super slow and crashing out here today. It's giving me errors and closing my browser out. What gives? I've done a virus and ad-ware sweep and my comp is clean.... is the site having problems? New issues with Firefox (should I use IE?)?

Brownfan80 said:
I've been using the site since the switch (Sep 2004) with the Firefox browser.. But here lately it's been going super slow and crashing out here today. It's giving me errors and closing my browser out. What gives? I've done a virus and ad-ware sweep and my comp is clean.... is the site having problems? New issues with Firefox (should I use IE?)?
I'm also having trouble today--also using FireFox.

Well, at least it's not just my imagination....

I wonder if Ian will see this before it gets burried. lol

I use Firefox too and today this site is snail slow.

dr said:
I use Firefox too and today this site is snail slow.

No crashes though? I've crashed four times (each while using multiple Tabs).

Fine for me with Firefox.

No crashes but yep its very slow. Firefox here as well.

Brownfan80 said:
Well, at least it's not just my imagination....

I wonder if Ian will see this before it gets burried. lol

Ian's been sighted at the Jet's game wearing a green shirt. :rofl:

It is very slow. I can clip a toenail between submits.

Yes I'm using Firefox too.

VERY slow with Firefox here.

I use Opera, and this site has been as slow as Holyredeemers comprehension of a disussion!

F.B.N. said:
Ian's been sighted at the Jet's game wearing a green shirt. :rofl:

No, I can't see myself ever bleeding green :cool:

It's running slow today for some odd reason and it's been the same with both browsers, although I haven't gotten it to crash firefox yet. I'm going to perform a database cleanup late tonight to see if that makes a difference, so hopefully that will help.

Ian

Ian said:

It's running slow today for some odd reason and it's been the same with both browsers, although I haven't gotten it to crash firefox yet. I'm going to perform a database cleanup late tonight to see if that makes a difference, so hopefully that will help.

Ian

Time to vacuum out all those old posts Ian...the last time they disappeared the site went faster. this from a guy who is totally talking out his butt...but it did run faster...that I remember.

It's a NEMbot running the No-Huddle.

Box_O_Rocks said:
It's a NEMbot running the No-Huddle.

NEM can't run anymore without the Geritol...It's NEM Walking the No-Huddle.

Ian said:

Ian

Thanks for the info Ian. I didn't mean to complain, but it was driving me nuts. lol.

i use mac/safari and it is as slow as ted washington in the 40

Firefox slow but one time got this message below for header.
Apparently there is a link in the header that is not resolving quickly and
that is probably causing the slow down.
----------------------------------------------------------
Warning: Unknown(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known (is your IPV6 configuration correct? If this error happens all the time, try reconfiguring PHP using --disable-ipv6 option to configure) in /global.php(349) : eval()'d code on line 6

Warning: Unknown(http://www.patsfans.com/pfinclude/06-mb-header.php): failed to open stream: Success in /global.php(349) : eval()'d code on line 6

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening 'http://www.patsfans.com/pfinclude/06-mb-header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back