PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ian Rappaport: Pats have a strong interest in Seattle FA DL Red Bryant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw on his stats page he had two INTs last year. Maybe he and Vince can play DB on passing downs ...

This just made my day! Bryant has been at the top of my D-line wishlist for FA for a while now. Way more cost-effective than Williams, and for the 34DE position, a better fit. Hope this happens! We will immediately improve our defense with this signing.

Someone who isn't getting a lot of press is Paul Soliai. I think that he'd be a good addition to the Pats, though I think the Chiefs will be his primary suitor.

Rappoport also inquiring about possibilities of Williams. Would be a nice line of Daedrick, Wilfork, Bryant, with Williams, Mayo, Spikes, Anderson/Ninko behind them.

...I can dream, can't I?

Last edited:
Jason Jones of Tennessee could draw some attention. But with the Patriots, it is always about whether the price is right.

Massarotti was just weighing in on this showing once again that he doesn't know anything about football.

Bryant-Wilfork-Deaderick (Love in rotation)

It would be a very strong line that would be stout vs. the run, however, i hope we would resign Anderson because pass rushers would be needed with such a run stout/lack of rush line.

Interesting. If they do sign him, I think Ron Brace is done.

Also, Red plays the 5 tech in their 43 leo defense.

Ron Who is he still on this Team??:confused:

Massarotti was just weighing in on this showing once again that he doesn't know anything about football.

Come on! He has a valid point. Of course the Pats would turn down a player like Mario Williams at $9 million a year (about $7 million a year less than he will get today or tomorrow) to sign a lot veteran minimum scrubs. Who on this board wouldn't?

Felger should have turned off his mike and sent him home right after that comment. "Sorry Tony, today is a football discussion day. We'll have you back in when we talk baseball next week."

Last edited:
Red Bryant seems like a Prototypical Patriots guy.

Seems smart,a bit on the good humor side and plays well and transitions to any type of defensive formation change up front.

This is a guy we SHOULD want to sign.

If the Pats get Bryant, then I'll be damn near ecstatic. There simply aren't very many guys in the NFL who fit his physical profile, and I'll always have a soft spot for defenses that build from the inside out.

Could also be a sign that the Pats will play a bit more 3-4, which should benefit Spikes and Cunningham, for starters.

Last edited:
Come on! He has a valid point. Of course the Pats would turn down a player like Mario Williams at $9 million a year (about $7 million a year less than he will get today or tomorrow) to sign a lot veteran minimum scrubs. Who on this board wouldn't?

Felger should have turned off his mike and sent him home right after that comment. "Sorry Tony, today is a football discussion day. We'll have you back in when we talk baseball next week."

He said that he wouldn't take Mario Williams at $9 mill per? That's just crazy. 32 out of 32 NFL GMs would take Mario Williams at $9M per year.

He said that he wouldn't take Mario Williams at $9 mill per? That's just crazy. 32 out of 32 NFL GMs would take Mario Williams at $9M per year.

According to Mazz, 31 out of 32 GMs would because the Pats are too inflexible to break from philosophy. That is why they could have had top free agents like Rooselvet Colvin and Adalius Thomas sign with other teams even though they would have signed with the Pats for less than market value.

Random fact: He was a team captain at Texas A&M... during his redshirt year! :eek:

Random fact: He was a team captain at Texas A&M... during his redshirt year! :eek:

Good sign given the Pats' recent draft history. Going big for captains.

I'm down with this.

Reiss is saying $6 million is too much. I have to disagree, it seems just right to me. Bryant is a disruptive player and good fit in the pats' 3-4, which looked better than the 4-3 last year.

I'm down with this.

Reiss is saying $6 million is too much. I have to disagree, it seems just right to me. Bryant is a disruptive player and good fit in the pats' 3-4, which looked better than the 4-3 last year.

Historically speaking, the Pats have proven that they will spend big money on 3-4 DEs. Seymour and Warren are the precedents.

The question is does BB think Ole Red is at that at a minimum, Warren's level.

This would make $ense. Win-Win Player/$igning practical & realistic. I'm all for it, Get It Done!

No news on the wires about either Lloyd or Bryant may be good news as Pats keep everything close.

Slater signed....Now lets see what outside FA's BB gets....

The suspense is killing me !!:cool:

I'm down with this.

He could be the player Ty Warren was supposed to be when he signed his extention, a contract similar to what Warren signed should get it done (5 years 35 million, 18 million guaranteed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back