PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ian Rappaport: Pats have a strong interest in Seattle FA DL Red Bryant

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's going to be one of the top 10 FAs so I think his price tag will exceed the Patriot's value system.

There aren't many 6'4", 320 pound players with experience as a starting 5-tech available in a given offseason. He'd be a very good 3-4 LE starter. Seahawks are expected to offer about $5M a season.

He's going to be one of the top 10 FAs so I think his price tag will exceed the Patriot's value system.

If the Seahawks are offering 5 mil/ year or, the other rumor I've read this morning, 9 mil guaranteed, you don't think the Pats will be interested? The guy is a beast, and on top of being a nimble 330 pounder who can play the 5-tech, blocked 4 kicks last season.

The pocket will be a thing of the past with Wilfork and Bryant pushing.

Interesting. If they do sign him, I think Ron Brace is done.

Also, Red plays the 5 tech in their 43 leo defense.

Bryant is a guy I've been advocating for some time now. One of the more underrated players in the league.

If the Seahawks are offering 5 mil/ year or, the other rumor I've read this morning, 9 mil guaranteed, you don't think the Pats will be interested? The guy is a beast, and on top of being a nimble 330 pounder who can play the 5-tech, blocked 4 kicks last season.

The pocket will be a thing of the past with Wilfork and Bryant pushing.

That's what Seattle is offering. What about a team with a boat load of cap space like Denver, Cincy or the Chiefs all of whom could use him? I'm not saying it's Mario's projected money but it could still get to 7 or 8 per year.

Interesting. If they do sign him, I think Ron Brace is done.

Not necessarily. With Wright and Ellis unlikely to return, the Pats still need some size up front that can fit into their system. All things being equal, if they do replace those players with better players and add a player that has more upside and offers more potential production than Brace, he will be gone.

Also, Red plays the 5 tech in their 43 leo defense.

No question that a team will pay for Bryant. Only red flag here is that hes had only year of top-level production. Not a long track record of success.

Bryant is a guy I've been advocating for some time now. One of the more underrated players in the league.
Agreed. The guy is all over the place every time I see the Seahawks play.

Re: Ian Rappaport: Pats have a strong interest in Red Bryant

The market just doesn't command a whole lot of money for a hoss like it does for a 6'6'' edge-rushing freak. Look at Wilfork's contract. Does Vince have the same impact that a guy like Williams has on the offense? Absolutely, but the market doesn't dictate obscene money for the big uglies save a combination of Haynesworth and a Redskins checkbook.

I hope they can pull this off, Bryant is exactly what the Pats need up front.

I hope they can pull this off, Bryant is exactly what the Pats need up front.

I didn't know a thing about this guy, so I looked him up. His stats are totally underwhelming. But that's not so abnormal, given the position and type of player he is. So I'm trusting you guys when you say how good he really is and how much he'd help the Pats. Having two monsters in the middle of that line wouldn't be a bad thing.

A Wilfork/Deaderick/Bryant lineup would be a nightmare to try to run against.

Add in Love and Myron Pryor and you'd have a pretty excellent rotation of d-linemen.

I can see us talking about FA later..

If Only Pats had signed so & so ;)

Now that he's been mentioned, chances are he won't even get a look :D

I'd love to see it, nothing improves a defense more than dominant DL, the effect ripples through the defense. Bryant would be a great addition.

A Wilfork/Deaderick/Bryant lineup would be a nightmare to try to run against.

Add in Love and Myron Pryor and you'd have a pretty excellent rotation of d-linemen.

Put Courtney Upshaw at an olb setting the edge. Healthy Spikes and Chung. Damn straight. Physical, tough defense. Could use a little more athleticism in the secondary. But, dominant run defense would be a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes