PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ian Rapoport Twitter: No offer for Bodden yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say we let him walk. We didn't win 3 SBs by overpaying for talent. He's good but not great, unfortunately in this market he'll be overpaid by someone.

Oh well, nice knowing him.

We have Butler, Wilhite (who is good although others don't like to admit it) and Wheatley. We'll manage just fine. And springs of course.:snob:

He's NOT good, he was CONSTANTLY targeted (VERY EFFECTIVELY I might add) because he was a chump that refused to look for the ball, people know who Wilhiite is because they constantly saw the name back of his jersey as another pass was completed over him, AAMOF I'd bet folks that don't even WATCH football know how bad he is from seeing the local lowlights on TV!!

Bah, I hope they trade him to the Lions for a 7th Rd pick, I'd take Mr. Irrelevant over him, and if they take Dumbo"Buckwheat" Wheatley as a package deal, they can KEEP the draft pick for doing us a BIG FAVOR, just get those 2 clowns off the team and free up those two WASTED roster spot for real players.

He's NOT good, he was CONSTANTLY targeted (VERY EFFECTIVELY I might add) because he was a chump that refused to look for the ball, people know who Wilhiite is because they constantly saw the name back of his jersey as another pass was completed over him, AAMOF I'd bet folks that don't even WATCH football know how bad he is from seeing the local lowlights on TV!!

Bah, I hope they trade him to the Lions for a 7th Rd pick, I'd take Mr. Irrelevant over him, and if they take Dumbo"Buckwheat" Wheatley as a package deal, they can KEEP the draft pick for doing us a BIG FAVOR, just get those 2 clowns off the team and free up those two WASTED roster spot for real players.

I'd take Starks & Mooreland, Gus Scott & Dexter Reid combis over these two clowns Wilhite and Wheatly....another example of completely wasted Rd 2 and Rd 4 picks by Pats.

I'd take Starks & Mooreland, Gus Scott & Dexter Reid combis over these two clowns Wilhite and Wheatly....another example of completely wasted Rd 2 and Rd 4 picks by Pats.

I'm glad to see you're already willing to throw in the towel on these two.

Though, after seeing your laughable "analysis" of the Patriot's drafting, it's arrantly clear that you know very little when it comes to talent evaluation.

Someone like Cromartie could be a possible guy we could acquire via trade. I brought that up in another thread in the midst of the Cromartie for Choice rumors. SD's beat writer said he wouldn't be surprised if Cro is deal this offseason and I was just throwing it out there that maybe he'd be a target for the Pats. Maybe a Maroney for Cromartie deal. Two guys considered to be underachieving for their respective teams. With LT likely gone, Maroney comes in as a young RB who still has potential and ran all over them in the 07-08 pkayoffs. Cromartie is only due 1.225 Million in 2010 and both guys are in the last years of their rookie deals. I'd personally consider it. Cromartie was outstanding in 07 and maybe a change of scenery would do him good. I know a lot of people would like Maroney to be shown the door, and it's not a high risk move with only 1 year and not a lot of money left on the deal. If he's good you look into extending him, if not you let him walk.

While I agree with you re: Wilhite, I think you're offbase here. I'd be shocked if Belichick brings in Cromartie, as I don't really see Bill as the type to tolerate defensive backs who go out of their way to avoid making tackles.

In fact, I'd rather have Maroney on the roster than Cromartie.

I say we let him walk. We didn't win 3 SBs by overpaying for talent. He's good but not great, unfortunately in this market he'll be overpaid by someone.

Oh well, nice knowing him.

We have Butler, Wilhite (who is good although others don't like to admit it) and Wheatley. We'll manage just fine. And springs of course.:snob:

Please tell me why you consider Wilhite good and if anything a NFL starting CB? Just asking for your explanation. I saw Hobbs in a #24 jersey. Wheatley could be a cut if they can come up with at least two more decent CBs.
Not impressed by either of these gentlemen.
DW Toys

Though, after seeing your laughable "analysis" of the Patriot's drafting, it's arrantly clear that you know very little when it comes to talent evaluation.

O.K. Here we go.......... Jack pounding on his chest what a great talent evaluator he is and the rest of the world is blind. Jack you must have those long arms to pat yourself on the back. Why is it laughable when this man has a pair of eyes and can watch those two kids and say...."Boy these guys rot!"? Tell me that one?

Mr. Jack the G.M. please do tell what you see that has any resemblance that they are starting NFL CB material? I will listen to see what you have to say if you don't add you dumb sarcasm... and not the typical Jack Bauer "Because I said so" garbage.

Then answer this honestly if you can. Would you say these two were worth a second and forth round pick in tandem a couple years ago?
Yours Forever
DW Toys

Last edited:
While I agree with you re: Wilhite, I think you're offbase here. I'd be shocked if Belichick brings in Cromartie, as I don't really see Bill as the type to tolerate defensive backs who go out of their way to avoid making tackles.

Jack, At least Cromartie would start rather than sit in BBs' dog house on the bench.
DW Toys

This is like old times with you and your poison darts. At least your consistent in your pseudo intellectual "I can yell louder than you can, therefor I win" positioning.

I remember people thinking Asante Samuel was a wasted pick after his first couple of seasons with the Pats. I'm willing to give Wheatley and Wilhite a little more time to develop in the system before I throw in the towel on them, myself.

Hi grandma, I came to the nursing home to see you today on your 105th BDay, Happy Birthday Grandma!!!
"Shhhhh sonny the news is coming on.............oooo fiddlestix it looks like them Patriots lost again.......OOOOO there's that Wilhiite boy again, he's such a nice boy, always helping the other boys do good and score touchdowns, I like watching him play baseball"

We are in agreement on Wilhite. I think people will be pleasantly surprised with his improvement in 2010 if he puts in the time. I don't know why everyone is riding off a 2008 4th round pick so quickly. Give the kid some time to develop (like Asante).

As for the Cromartie thing, I was just throwing it out there as a guy who could be on the block and is cheap. He's a very good cover corner. He did a great job on Moss in the 07 playoffs (1 catch, 18 yards). He's also got great ball hawking skills, which people here are criticizing Wilhite for not having (and rightly so at this point). I know he's not a great tackler, but BB put up with Samuel who wasn't exactly someone who love coming up in run support. I've always been a Maroney fan but if we could get a guy like Cromartie for him, I'd do it. I'd be able to deal with his poor tackling if he played like he did in 07.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back