PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ian Rapoport: Manning to play next year to get regular season wins and yards record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From his Twitter:

#Broncos expect & planning for Peyton Manning to play at least 1 more year. He’ll want to hold all records. Needs 1 season for wins & yards

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/533994429737365504

The only record Brady is chasing is most Super Bowl wins by a QB. Manning wants to play until he gets all the individual statistic records. That is why he only has one ring and it is looking more and more like he may retire with just one ring.

I never believed for a second that this was Peyton Manning's last year, but his reasoning (if true) is beyond selfish.

I think it's more of a case of him wanting to play until his body cannot take it anymore, which may not happen until 2015 or even 2016.

Jim-Carey-Calls-You-A-Pathetic-Loser-In-Dumb-and-Dumber-No-Offense.gif

"He'll want to hold all the records..." except the meaningful one it would appear.

That is the difference between Tom Brady and Peyton Manning: one wants the records, the other wants the rings.

What's more likely:

1) That Ian Rapoport actually has sources that know exactly how long Manning planning on playing and why (which other, far better writers don't have) or
2) That he's still a hack who makes up clickbait headlines in hopes of remaining relevant.

I never believed for a second that this was Peyton Manning's last year, but his reasoning (if true) is beyond selfish.

I think it's more of a case of him wanting to play until his body cannot take it anymore, which may not happen until 2015 or even 2016.

Don't forget he is guy who choreographed that "impromptu" keep away bit after he got the TD record. Manning is all about the records.

"He'll want to hold all the records..." except the meaningful one it would appear.

That is the difference between Tom Brady and Peyton Manning: one wants the records, the other wants the rings.

Well, in fairness to Manning, only one of them can get all the rings and it isn't him.

I've reached the point where I genuinely don't give a f### what he does, how long he does it, who he does it against, who he does it with (as long as it's never here), where he does it, ad infitinum. Of course, once he's gone we'll still have to deal with Little Bubba in NJ with the homeliest **** God ever placed anywhere in the freaking universe... Naturally, it won't be long until one of them, or both, will have a son who's a QB and we can start this chuckle fest all over again.

Eh, weird phrasing ("He'll want to hold all the records...") makes it sound like pure speculation. As if Manning would even publicly admit to that sort of thing...

At all events, he clearly has plenty of quality ball left in him, regardless of motivation. Brady however, with much better zip on his ball, seems to have substantially more.

Eh, weird phrasing ("He'll want to hold all the records...") makes it sound like pure speculation. As if Manning would even publicly admit to that sort of thing...

At all events, he clearly has plenty of quality ball left in him, regardless of motivation. Brady however, with much better zip on his ball, seems to have substantially more.
Manning choreographed the record breaking touchdown scene. Nothing he does or says is surprising.

Manning choreographed the record breaking touchdown scene. Nothing he does or says is surprising.

So?

Maybe Manning thought it would be fun? Who gives a damn

Did I miss the part where Manning actually said that? Or are you guys grasping at straws for a reason to hate on Peyton?
Ding Ding Ding!! We have a winner. Peyton might be a narcissus but do you really think he would say something like that? I am sure that he wants it but he's not dumb enough to admit that to people. What's next? Am I going to go on Jets Insider and find out that Tom only wants to play to prolong his Uggs sponsorship?

Did I miss the part where Manning actually said that? Or are you guys grasping at straws for a reason to hate on Peyton?
LMFAO! I'll only speak for myself, but I don't need to grasp at straws or anything else to dislike that dink. There's plenty out there to provide me with all I need without Rap's report. It isn't him personally so much, in fact he's likely an OK guy. Rather, it's the media rump swabs and fans all across the country who worship at his feet (and his family's feet) regardless of what does or doesn't do.

I' m surprised how quickly people bought this story..........Then again, not I'm not lol.

Peyton Manning is a stats whore. This is an absolute truth. Yet, in a swift twist of fate, he's also a playoff choker and sees zero chance to amass a winning record in the playoffs. That, my friends, is also an absolute truth. Brady needs to win a 4th ring and bury this "debate" once and for all.

So?

Maybe Manning thought it would be fun? Who gives a damn
It looked scripted and idiotic at the time, people commented that it looked scripted and idiotic at the time then it came out that it was scripted which made it idiotic. Apparently, people did give a damn.

It looked scripted and idiotic at the time, people commented that it looked scripted and idiotic at the time then it came out that it was scripted which made it idiotic. Apparently, people did give a damn.

I dislike Manning for a lot of things. But a stupid celebratory dance, and media speculation on one of the reasons he may continue playing isn't one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back