PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ian please ban Bronco Freak

Status
Not open for further replies.
PatsChick87 said:
As a rule I don't mind some trolls, usually because they're gone after a short visit. But this child has fallen into the "squatter troll" catagory. I put him into my dead to me area, but "quote" happens far too often! As he doesn't seem to get enough attention in the interleague forum, he's camped out here and really needs to goooooooooo!

squatter Troll- great name:singing: I've referred to Tony Collins as a sealth troll. They come in with names of past Patriots players or Patriot fan like names then start their trollling activities. I dislike them more than a normal troll because the use deception.

There is a very diverse troll population.

Last edited:
Digger44 said:
No, husker, there is a difference between differing opinions and idiocy. I may feel that you are a drunkard, but that is because you have a wacked opinion on every view on the planet. I attribute this to differing opinion not idiocy. It makes me laugh to blame your opinion on alcohol because that is the only way I could ever take your views. You are a fellow Pat's fan with a strange way of looking at things. The way you look at things is not sheer idiocy like Bronco Freak. I wish you would shut up because I don't want to hear your opinion. This is not your problem, it is mine. I would not asked for you to be ban.

Wow, I'll take that as a compliment.....I think.... :rocker:

huskeralk said:
And I've already said. Pats1 WILL NOT uphold his end of the bet. I even sent him a PM telling him that paying his bet was only fair and didn't get a response. You're in a losing battle. It sucks and I personally think it's bs, however the only thing that will get accomplished by this is you getting banned and it will happen.

You ARE joking, right?

Upholding the "honor" of a bet with a troll?

That's like settling a lawsuit with a burglar who tripped and fell in your house and broke his leg.

Digger and Cubedoggy are right. No soup for you, Mr. Troll!

Huskeralk = The Defense Attorney of the Trolls

Last edited:
well

I am for just labeling them as trolls! Besides if the donkey's lose on sunday then he's gone anyway!

shmessy said:
You ARE joking, right?

Upholding the "honor" of a bet with a troll?

That's like settling a lawsuit with a burglar who tripped and fell in your house and broke his leg.

Digger and Cubedoggy are right. No soup for you, Mr. Troll!

Huskeralk = The Defense Attorney of the Trolls

Yes I'm serious. If the bet was honored, I have a feeling we wouldn't be dealing with all of the threads right now. I already said it once, It's been years ago but there was a big signature bet between Jetsinsider and this Board. I can't remember who lost but I remember the losers didn't pay up and it turned into a huge mess. So I guess you have two quick options to resolving this. Either convince Pats1 to pay up, if nothing else, maybe there could be a compromise? Either that or just quit replying to the guy because calling him a troll and asking to have him banned doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

Last edited:
If it's a true troll post, why not move it to the interleague board where these posts belong?

Atlanta Patsfan said:
If it's a true troll post, why not move it to the interleague board where these posts belong?

Sometimes trolls need their own little space. Over at PP, we have our own little area, where they can talk amongst themselves, and not bother anyone again. One thing about trolling, it needs to be amusing. Most aren't, so it's off to the asylum they go. It's a wonderful thing.

huskeralk said:
Yes I'm serious. If the bet was honored, I have a feeling we wouldn't be dealing with all of the threads right now. I already said it once, It's been years ago but there was a big signature bet between Jetsinsider and this Board. I can't remember who lost but I remember the losers didn't pay up and it turned into a huge mess. So I guess you have two quick options to resolving this. Either convince Pats1 to pay up, if nothing else, maybe there could be a compromise? Either that or just quit replying to the guy because calling him a troll and asking to have him banned doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

Point 1: I never asked for Bronco Freak to be banned. Other people have.

Point 2: It's "not doing the trick" because Ian has been AWOL the past 3 weeks and has not been effective on the troll situation like that Ed Thompson guy over at Coltpower.com or the folks at Patriotsplanet.

Point 3: Bronco Freak, as a troll, has no rights here. You're trying to be the ACLU for a thief who sues the homeowner in whose home he broke his leg.

You're being fairly ridiculous.

I hope Pats1 does NOT cave. Let the troll whine.

Atlanta Patsfan said:

From what I see of Patriotsplanet and Coltpower, other boards have more attentive and effective policing of trolls than this board. Either the admins are OK with it or they are just too busy with other things.

I'd hate to see this turn into the ESPN team chatrooms.

uhh

shmessy said:
From what I see of Patriotsplanet and Coltpower, other boards have more attentive and effective policing of trolls than this board. Either the admins are OK with it or they are just too busy with other things.

I'd hate to see this turn into the ESPN team chatrooms.

Please don't let that happen! :enranged:

huskeralk said:

You sure know a lot about Jets boards. Come out of your Jets closet already.

Michael said:

The Jests probably had a good year one year, and he became a "fan" of the Jets, just like he is a "fan" of the Patriots this past year. He already is on the Broncos bandwagon. :rolleyes:

DonDavisRocks said:
Sometimes trolls need their own little space. Over at PP, we have our own little area, where they can talk amongst themselves, and not bother anyone again. One thing about trolling, it needs to be amusing. Most aren't, so it's off to the asylum they go. It's a wonderful thing.

Surprisingly we have the same little padded room facility here, and trolls can even have visitors like say their attroney.

Not sure what the problem is lately but either IAN is otherwise occupied or he is humoring what he doesn't realize is the tiny minority here who think talking smack with trolls on the main board somehow equates with broadening our horizens. If anything I think subjecting the majority of us to them just deepens a sense of homerism and, in the case of the most persistent and obnoxious, builds growing resentment not just towards the troll but that tiny minority who champion interaction with them. Not to mention it cheapens the image and reputation of the board which reflects poorly on it's Admin.

The whole betting issue is moot as far as I'm concerned. If the bet ever was accepted (and I don't think it was - I thought at the time pats1 was calling this little twit out for the child he is) it resulted from the equivalent of our official making the wrong call from the outset. This clown shouldn't have even been here to harrass us with it. And he was harrassing the entire board with it. Considering how he repeatedly turtled on his team while also attempting to disrupt the game thread I'd say he's worse than a mere troll - he's a Broncos bandwaggon troll. And probably a teenage one at that. Had they lost he would have disappeared as he did in the game thread for several stretches during the first three quarters of the game. :rolleyes:

Michael said:

Wow, do you even know what you're talking about? All of this went down right here. You probably haven't been around long enough to remember the Soothsayer raiding this board.

coltshater said:
The Jests probably had a good year one year, and he became a "fan" of the Jets, just like he is a "fan" of the Patriots this past year. He already is on the Broncos bandwagon. :rolleyes:

You got me. I'm such a bandwagon fan that I started cheering for the Patriots in 91'. I told myself "They're 1-15. Now that's a team that's going places." Give me a freakin' break. :rolleyes:

coltshater said:

He's already volunteered he's on the Broncos bandwaggon by marriage. I think there's a term for guys who find themselves in that sort of spousal predicament.....which is possibly why he appears so determined impose his will on other anonymous message board posters like pats1. ;)

Last edited:
MoLewisrocks said:
He's already volunteered he's on the Broncos bandwaggon by marriage. I think there's a term for guys who find themselves in that sort of spousal predicament.....which is possibly why he appears so determined impose his will on other anonymous message board posters like pats1. ;)

I'm not on the Broncos bandwagon. If they win, I'll be happy for my wife and her dad. If they lose, I'll just go on with life. As for the bet, I'm just a believer in honesty. If he made the bet, he should pay up.

huskeralk said:
Wow, do you even know what you're talking about? All of this went down right here. You probably haven't been around long enough to remember the Soothsayer raiding this board.

Oh not the I've been a member since blah blah card. :rofl: I've been a member of some message boards and have posted regularly in some Uesnet groups since the mid 90s and I have never used that card. :rofl: No one needs to be here more than a day to figure out who's a fan of who. And being a Pats fan since the Grogan days I can say without fear of contradiction I don't believe for a second you are a Pats fan.

Michael said:
Oh not the I've been a member since blah blah card. :rofl: I've been a member of some message boards and have posted regularly in some Uesnet groups since the mid 90s and I have never used that card. :rofl: No one needs to be here more than a day to figure out who's a fan of who. And being a Pats fan since the Grogan days I can say without fear of contradiction I don't believe for a second you are a Pats fan.

I'm not playing that card, it's just a fact. You act like you know exactly what's going on, yet you weren't even here. As for you not thinking I'm not a pats fan. Well lets just say I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. If I were to put the three super bowl rings in my signature, would you at least consider me a Patriots fan though?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey