PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ian O'Connor of Foxports wishes Walsh has something

Status
Not open for further replies.
The spygate episode is not so much about cheating as it is about the Patriots. Since the story broke, not one journalist has actually investigated whether other teams break the rules and to what degree. (Some reporters say it's common, but no one has actually done an investigation of any sort). No one is interested in creating a context--how prevalent cheating actually is--to the Patriots actions. Parcells noted that the 49ers would take down all communication equipment back when they used to script their first 15 offensive plays--thus the defensive coaches could not communicate with each other to counter the offense. Jimmy Johnson stated he taped signals with the Cowboys and that the Dolphins organization taught him how to circumvent the 15 second cut off rule in coach to quarterback communication when he arrived there. (That for the record, is phenomenal for several reasons: 1] the reason to circumvent is because you are stealing signals and need more time to tell the quarterback what defensive signal comes in and 2] it was the Dolphins organization that taught Johnson--the coach before Johnson was Shula and the quarterback was Marino. So...) Not one journalist has interviewed anyone in the 49er organization about Parcells' claims. No has interviewed Johnson about his claims, nor Shula, nor Marino for that matter. Again, this is not about cheating, it is about the Patriots. It's about tearing down the guy at the top. The team that beat you with lesser talent. People love a conspiracy and, at the moment, it's really easy to point at the Patriots as conspirators.
I want cheating stopped in the NFL. I don't care who is doing it. I want it to be about the contest on the field, not who can cheat the best. If the Chargers were caught cheating I would want the severest sanctions possible relative to the offense. That's just me though.

pao

I want cheating stopped in the NFL. I don't care who is doing it. I want it to be about the contest on the field, not who can cheat the best. If the Chargers were caught cheating I would want the severest sanctions possible relative to the offense. That's just me though.

pao

I don't. I have no interest in watching the National Football League of Law Enforcement and Punishment.

Do you follow college football? Ever heard of the NCAA? They're going after a school because a current player shared Wendy's french fries with a recruit. Does that constitute cheating? According to the NCAA it does.

I don't want that in the NFL. No thanks.

I don't. I have no interest in watching the National Football League of Law Enforcement and Punishment.

Do you follow college football? Ever heard of the NCAA? They're going after a school because a current player shared Wendy's french fries with a recruit. Does that constitute cheating? According to the NCAA it does.

I understand what your saying, but myself I would like to see more follow through league wide on what the Pats have been accused of, and similar allegations that may be brought against another team. I've been questioning why the NFL offices haven't conducted a league wide investigation into the videotaping scandal the Pats were caught up in, when ex- coaches are willingly admitting to similar or worse infractions. I found a thread on Jaguars. com regarding the legality of "cameras on the sidelines, (which is what we got busted for.) I thought it was quite telling:

http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic495412-8-1.aspx

Go to the ETC... part, where it talks about Stroud and his camera.
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/103106/jag_5919035.shtml

I understand both were pre-memo, but am I right to be alittle concered about how the NFL handled this whole thing?

That is totally different. No comparison to the NFL. I want my team against your team man up, may the best team win. Not the best cheater.

pao

That is totally different. No comparison to the NFL. I want my team against your team man up, may the best team win. Not the best cheater.

pao

you've always had that and the pats had a 30 year win streak on the chargers.

pao

How is it totally different? He gave you an example of the kind of BS that can happen in the sort of world you want.

Then again, I wouldn't expect a Bolt fan to understand.

Not sure what you are talking about but I tip my cap to the Patriots and their current 3 game win streak against the Chargers. As far as I'm concerned they earned those wins without cheating. My point is get your ass in gear NFL and get rid of the dang cheating. I want my team to play your team, may the best team win. Getting a competitive advantage outside the rules DETRACTS from that. DISCLAIMER: I am NOT saying the Patriots did or didn't cheat, misinterpret, whatever. I am saying that if team/organisation is cheating in the NFL then I want the NFL to find it, stop it, and allow all teams to play on a level playing field.

pao

How is it totally different? He gave you an example of the kind of BS that can happen in the sort of world you want.
Oh come on. You have got to be kidding if you think that what I am calling for is the same as the NCAA or that the NFL would require the same sort of oversight. What, would you rather the NFL allow cheating? I mean I've heard nothing but pissing and moaning about how everyone else is let go while cheating but the Patriots get their ass kicked. All I'm calling for is EVERYONE cheating be penalized. That's way better than just allowing it!

Then again, I wouldn't expect a Bolt fan to understand.
Oh, that's a good one. Got me. I'll be afraid to post here from now on with zingers like that.

pao

Oh come on. You have got to be kidding if you think that what I am calling for is the same as the NCAA or that the NFL would require the same sort of oversight. What, would you rather the NFL allow cheating? I mean I've heard nothing but pissing and moaning about how everyone else is let go while cheating but the Patriots get their ass kicked. All I'm calling for is EVERYONE cheating be penalized. That's way better than just allowing it!

Oh, that's a good one. Got me. I'll be afraid to post here from now on with zingers like that.

pao

PAO,
Please change your user profile name, that is copyrighted by my favorite soccer team in Greece: http://www.pao.gr/

Copyright and Terms of Use
This name is protected under the Trade Marks Act (Greece) and is owned by the PAOFC of Athens and protected by law.

PAO,
Please change your user profile name, that is copyrighted by my favorite soccer team in Greece: http://www.pao.gr/

Copyright and Terms of Use
This name is protected under the Trade Marks Act (Greece) and is owned by the PAOFC of Athens and protected by law.
Er, ok. No offense. But I doubt they care or could actually do anything about it...at least without talking to me about it. From this point forward I will use my other screen name SDFan (I think that's it).

sdfan

Not sure what you are talking about but I tip my cap to the Patriots and their current 3 game win streak against the Chargers. As far as I'm concerned they earned those wins without cheating. My point is get your ass in gear NFL and get rid of the dang cheating. I want my team to play your team, may the best team win. Getting a competitive advantage outside the rules DETRACTS from that. DISCLAIMER: I am NOT saying the Patriots did or didn't cheat, misinterpret, whatever. I am saying that if team/organisation is cheating in the NFL then I want the NFL to find it, stop it, and allow all teams to play on a level playing field.

pao

what don't you understand ? the patriots beat the charger girls in 1973 and did't lose a game to them until 2002. that's 30 years of dominance. ciao !!

what don't you understand ? the patriots beat the charger girls in 1973 and did't lose a game to them until 2002. that's 30 years of dominance. ciao !!
What does that have to do with anything??? LOL.

sdfan

Re: Ian O'Connor of Foxports is sure Walsh has something

I don't really have much to say to the content...but that thing was ridiculously painful to read with all those analogies and metaphors he used at the end of each paragraph. Jesus where did this guy learn how to write?

You wasted clicks, I thought I made it clear in the post what it was !

I actually look for a thread to post this in, didn't find one

Don't take any crap from the thread Nazis - you gave suficient warning.

I enjoyed the read. Thanks for posting.

it answered your previous question. if you can't remember just check my post above.
Dude, I think you misunderstood something. Here's the whole thing...

pao
Then this from upstater1 (a poster I respect)...
from me...
That (his NCAA example) is totally different. No comparison to the NFL. I want my team against your team man up, may the best team win. Not the best cheater.
pao
No Charger mention. No Patriot mention. That was referring to his NCAA example.
From you...
What does THAT have to do with the Chargers? Nothing. Do you remember Roseanne Roseannadanna? Never mind.

SDFan

Don't take any crap from the thread Nazis - you gave suficient warning.

I enjoyed the read. Thanks for posting.
Thread Nazi? What? Because I'm a Charger fan I'm a thread Nazi?

SDFan

Last edited:

Thread Nazi? What? Because I'm a Charger fan I'm a thread Nazi?

SDFan

No, but your reading comprehension (or lack thereof) makes you a candidate for moron-hood. Then again...so does being a Charger fan, so I guess it all works out. :D;)

Thread Nazi. The people who, despite a clear title and description of the content of the thread, still felt it necessary to click on it, then whine about it.

No, but your reading comprehension (or lack thereof) makes you a candidate for moron-hood. Then again...so does being a Charger fan, so I guess it all works out. :D;)
Ooh, got me there. I guess I'll never post here again. But before I go, please, explain to me what mistake in reading comprehension did I make that sets me up as a candidate for moronhood. Can't, can you?

Thread Nazi. The people who, despite a clear title and description of the content of the thread, still felt it necessary to click on it, then whine about it.
Maybe it your reading comprehension that is suspect then. I haven't whined once about the thread title nor have I changed the subject except possibly when responding to someone else's post. Maybe I'm missing something but I feel that I have contributed to what has been a great conversation (except for those that feel they must belittle others and resort to name calling). Sorry if you feel differently, well not really.

sdfan

Last edited:

Ooh, got me there. I guess I'll never post here again. But before I go, please, explain to me what mistake in reading comprehension did I make that sets me up as a candidate for moronhood. Can't, can you?

Maybe it your reading comprehension that is suspect then. I haven't whined once about the thread title nor have I changed the subject except possibly when responding to someone else's post. Maybe I'm missing something but I feel that I have contributed to what has been a great conversation (except for those that feel they must belittle others and resort to name calling). Sorry if you feel differently, well not really.

sdfan

ah, pao, why to do you continue to make a fool out of yourself, if you actually took the time to read the threads, you'd see he's wasn't referring to you. He was referring to the poster I was responding too, which was "PatsWickedPissah" and posters in general that complain about the existence of threads, which I've even done once or twice.

I suggest you stop posting in this thread and let it die, please !

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes