PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ian Needs To Clarify What Is Acceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Censorship is a mechanism and topic related to the gov't's ability to limit a citizen's ability to expression. This is Ian's board and he has final say. By definition, this his his property and our ability to participate is determined by his opinion.

Please don't use that word anymore - I know what you meant, so I understand where you were going. Unfortunately others aren't going to view it that way. As I said I'm not trying to censor anyone. As I said, you can say whatever you want, all I'm asking is to just take some more time to say it better :cool:

Last edited:
Please don't use that word anymore - I know what you meant, so I understand where you were going. Unfortunately others aren't going to view it that way. As I said I'm not trying to censor anyone. As I said, you can say whatever you want, all I'm asking is to just take some more time to say it better :cool:

I for one appreciate that Ian keeps the board clean. It also creates a more creative trash-talk environment.

I believe Ian made clear earlier he has no wish to censor anyone, nor does he express an interest in exercising his legal right to do so. His concern is thread management, not censoring. Any speech (with limited exceptions not related to content), even venting (non-fact based emotional response to a game that do not inspire logical discussion), is accepted on this board, he is simply limiting the number of threads for emotional venting to avoid that sort of post becoming the theme or tone of the board and discouraging rational debate.

I think that more or less covers it.

I've left this thread open to continue to address anyone's concerns on this, which is why it's still active. People can say what they want about the fact mgteich started it, but it's been a good vehicle to clarify things and I appreciate all the feedback. Hopefully by now it's making sense and people don't see me as becoming a ruthless dictator.

As I've said repeatedly, it's not about what's being said, but how. We have a lot of good minds in here - I'd just like to see us start working toward that consistantly as threads are started.

Last edited:
sadly due to the fact that a lot of posters have given up on being active here anymore because they don't like what the place has become
I don't log in until Tuesday after a game because if we lose, the place is filled with angry people who don't understand that 12-4 is an outstanding season and what the 4 in 12-4 means.

After a win is worse, as there are so many posters who are upset we "barely" won, even though most NFL games are resolved by 7 or so points. The folks that post anti-Pats stuff if we don't dominate every phase of the game absolutely kill this site for me.

And yes, I do understand that some people think my staying away for two days makes this site 28.6% better. Not need to PM me :D

Patsfans is the best football fan site on the internet, and it got that way due to Ian's stewardship. If any of the detractors and kibitzers ran the site, it wouldn't be nearly as good. So let's acknowledge that running a site takes vision and that while we don't understand everything he might do, he does it to make the site better. How many of us stood by Cassel last preseason. Belichick was closer to the situation than we were. Well perhaps, just perhaps, Ian puts more thought and effort into the direction Patsfans should be going than we do simply by posting reactive complaints.

Kool- Aid, it's not just for the Patriots anymore :D

Patsfans is the best football fan site on the internet, and it got that way due to Ian's stewardship. If any of the detractors and kibitzers ran the site, it wouldn't be nearly as good. So let's acknowledge that running a site takes vision and that while we don't understand everything he might do, he does it to make the site better...

Kool- Aid, it's not just for the Patriots anymore :D

You guys need to check out my new book: "Education of a Mod"

Solid read. ;)

You guys need to check out my new book: "Education of a Mod"

Solid read. ;)

Here's a glimpse into my home on Sunday nights...or most nights when I get home for that matter:

My wife sitting next to me on the couch looking at the screen while I type away and shaking her head over the nonsense while saying, "Um...so how much longer do you plan on doing this?"

I kind of laugh - and she laughs - and then shakes her head and goes back to watching TV. She already knows the answer :cool:

Last edited:
Once again, I am probably alone here...

...but I enjoy the "crazy threads". They make me laugh and sometimes, react. Whether it's Baby Brady news, BB doesn't know what he's doing, Why did the defense do___ ... they're all entertaining.

I love football. I watch it and it entertains me. This site entertains me. I read posts and get enjoyment.

I've never really understood the whole : "close this thread now" crowd. It's not rocket science or world wars... I'd say many threads = mucho entertainment... the more the better (I've already said I never read the 60+ threads anyways... I fully understand the current irony...).

Anyhoo - alone again, but thought I'd mention.

Reading some of those threads after a loss helps me get over the loss a lot faster...:)

Once again, I am probably alone here...

FWIW, you are not alone :D

I'd rather have more medium-sized threads than fewer endless ones as well.

What is acceptable is making me a mod so that I can go power crazy and ban anyone I feel like on a whim. :cool:

FWIW, you are not alone :D

I'd rather have more medium-sized threads than fewer endless ones as well.

Yea ! Now I am only a minor outcast, rather than an all-out misfit ! I remember people on here growling about the offseason threads as well (while I'm at it, might as well go all out)... too many Cassel threads, blah, blah, blah... It was the most interesting part of the offseason - how it would all end up...

I don't really see the big deal about many threads... like Mikey Adams said last night, change the channel. No one really forces anyone to read all threads. Pick and choose the ones you like.

Reading some of those threads after a loss helps me get over the loss a lot faster...:)

I actually try to avoid this forum on Mondays. I like to digest the win or loss and then they something not-as-dumb on Tuesdays. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back